• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 achievements are all currently broken on Xbox and won't unlock

Draugoth

Gold Member
fallout-4-achievements-are-all-currently-broken-on-xbox-and-wont-unlock.jpg

If you've been having trouble with the Fallout 4 achievements, you're not alone. Looking at data and reports from players in our forums, the Fallout 4 achievements on Xbox are broken, as not a single player has been able to pop an achievement in the Xbox RPG since the end of March.​

According to data, the last time someone unlocked a Fallout 4 achievement in the base game or any of its DLC expansions was on March 30. Since then, reports about the issue have trickled in, but as of the release of Amazon's new Fallout TV show, which has clearly inspired many to either return to or pick up Fallout 4, we've seen a Megaton-sized explosion in players saying they too are unable to unlock any achievements in the RPG.

Thankfully, Bethesda has acknowledged the issue. A Bethesda Support post reads,

"We are currently investigating an issue where achievements are failing to unlock for Fallout 4 on Xbox." Hopefully, we won't have too long to wait until the problem is fixed, but until then, it might be worth holding out from playing Fallout 4.

via TrueAchievements

LordCBH

Fucking Bugthesda strikes again. The shittiest company to have produced good games (in the past)

Buddy tells me the PS4 version keeps crashing when starting a new game recently too

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Fucking Bugthesda strikes again. The shittiest company to have produced good games (in the past)

Buddy tells me the PS4 version keeps crashing when starting a new game recently too
Haven't touched yet on PlayStation as I'm waiting for the patch. But apparently one of the official dlc's causes that. I'll be honest, buying it recently on sale for the upcoming patch, just felt like placing money on a roulette wheel. Will I or wont I get a properly functioning game on the 25th.... but I do love FO4.... if it works.

StereoVsn

Why would anyone be playing this right before an overhaul is released?
Because it’s likely to break some mods. So for folks with extensive mod lists they may have wanted to play a bit before everything goes belly up.

HDR, 60fps mods, improved textures and much more have been available on Xbox for ages.

My achievements have been bugged for awhile thanks to some mod it thinks I installed but didn’t. Normally I’d care, but I don’t in Fallout. There’s way too many and too much stuff going on to give a shit.

Actually fired it up this morning for the first time in awhile, installed it a week or so ago so it’s ready for the next gen update. Got some Brotherhood mission where supplies are missing and I have to investigate. Turns out some recruit with PTSD feels bad for ghouls and is stealing food to feed to the ghouls so they don’t leave the airport and attack the base that is literally next door and get slaughtered. I was fucking around and activated some of the patrol bots which started wiping out all the ghouls which made the Brotherhood soldier attack me. Lobbed his head off with one swing of my World Series bat. Damn I forgot how good the game is.

Top Bottom