• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 360 Basara? RAGE ARRRRGH SNARL SNARL WOOF

Oh, and...

Crapcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Sengoku Basara 3 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Crapcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Crapcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Crapcom, publicly apologize and cancel Sengoku Basara 3 for PSwii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

It's a joke people. I don't even know what Sengoku Basara is.

VegaShinra

Kagari said:
4th time I buy the game D:
And it'll be just as good the 4th time around. :D

The concept of having it portable is the only thing that is really appealing to me. Actually, if they announced it for Wii or something else I would have probably went for it, too.

pulga

Banned
TunaLover said:
Wii is probably the lead SKU, up-porting here.

Hopefully, I'm tired of Wii port-downs.

Ogrekiller said:
No 360 Basara? RAGE ARRRRGH SNARL SNARL WOOF

Oh, and...

Crapcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Sengoku Basara 3 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Crapcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Crapcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Crapcom, publicly apologize and cancel Sengoku Basara 3 for PSwii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Joke ran out during your appoval process back in '08.

leehom

Will Sengoku Basara 3 (ps3 ver) come to the states? If not, I might have to import....

*edit. never mind. I thought it was a old school side scrolling co-op action game. I you tubed SB2 and it looks like a Dynasty Warriors clone.

duckroll

Next week's Famitsu will have articles on KH BbS (Aqua's battle system and new world revealed) and FFXIII (Lightning's summon). From the sounds of it, it'll just be more detailed info on the stuff from Jump this week.

Pein

Banned
Gonna get Persona 3 again even though I own the original and fes since I haven't finished either yet. Hope they do persona 4 too since I haven't even played it yet.

leehom said:
Will Sengoku Basara 3 (ps3 ver) come to the states? If not, I might have to import....
Hopefully when funimation releases the dub of the anime sengoku basara will be more popular and could hopefully get a release over here.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Persona 3 Portable - PSP
- Female main character shown
Finally.

My torrid love affair with Akihiko can begin.

I can't believe Atlus keeps finding new ways to make me pay full price for a game I've already bought twice thats less than five years old.

I might actually get this, I still prefer P3 to P4 (mainly for the characters/soundtrack, Tartarus is ass compared to P4's dungeons) and having a vagina this time around might actually just change enough to get my curiosity going one last time and get me to get off my ass and finally take down
Elizabeth

Teknoman

cress2000 said:
And I was just thinking a few minutes ago how awesome it'd be if they ported/remade both halves of Persona 2 on PSP. I hope this isn't a sign that they aren't. :/

It needs to happen. P2:EP was awesome for its side of the story...yet the translation really wasnt that great.

jrricky

Banned
lupinko said:
What if it's the other way around? I guess that would lead to even more meltdowns. :lol
What's this exclusivity that people are talking about?

Is this the games first unveiling?

*rant*it's disgusting to here you guys talk about buying a port 3, no 4 times over. Ugh!!..*end rant*
well I guess atlus needs somebody to keep this franchise going and who will be more willing...

Tenbatsu

Wii Capcom port MH3 to PS3 soon? lol

I think this Basara 3 move by Capcom is awesome, low production cost (Wii), high profit(ps3, Wii).

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ogrekiller said:
FFXIII multiplat meme

Devil Kings, Capcom's take on Dynasty Warriors. First one made it stateside, second one didn't. Both on PS2.

Aeana

Female character in Persona 3 is how it should have been from the start, but... if they don't change the social links, it won't really matter that much.

lupinko

TunaLover said:
"Other way around" could mean a 360/PS3 game since Capcom has the midleware for those two.

Nah, other way around means Chop Till You Drop!!! when it comes to Capcom and multiplat games thus far for Wii.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
It would be perfect if the S-Links could go both ways for all characters. That way everone is satisfied. This way, girls who played the game will get to enjoy their S-Links now, but I want to be able to enjoy my girl/girl action too.

xero273

Pein said:
Hopefully when funimation releases the dub of the anime sengoku basara will be more popular and could hopefully get a release over here.

I only remember one thing from the anime. PUT YA GUNS ON!!! :lol

zoku88

Aeana said:
Female character in Persona 3 is how it should have been from the start, but... if they don't change the social links, it won't really matter that much.
If they don't change social links, everything magically becomes hotter :p

TunaLover

lupinko said:
Nah, other way around means Chop Till You Drop!!! when it comes to Capcom and multiplat games thus far for Wii.

Sure, DR was ported down to Wii like one year later, SB3 is the same situation.

Linkhero1

Mellahan said:
Excuse me, but where are you guys finding the scans?
Don't ask, don't tell. You can get banned.

I'm not surprised that Basara 3 was announced for Ps3. I'm more surprised that there isn't a 360 version.

B.K.

Teknoman said:
I wonder what the english turn around time on P3P will be.

Probably depends on how much of it is new. For all we know, the game may be a sequel and be completely new.

ZoddGutts

TheCardPlayer said:
It would be perfect if the S-Links could go both ways for all characters. That way everone is satisfied. This way, girls who played the game will get to enjoy their S-Links now, but I want to be able toenjoy my girl/girl action too.

Well Yuri (GirlxGirl) is the new fad in anime/manga right now...

Linkhero1 said:
I'm not surprised that Basara 3 was announced for Ps3. I'm more surprised that there isn't a 360 version.

same for me, but considering it's Capcom, we could see an enhanced version for 360 later :lol

Linkhero1

Moor-Angol said:
same for me, but considering it's Capcom, we could see an enhanced version for 360 later :lol
I wouldn't mind that, but I'll be getting the Wii version :D

I'm hoping they bring these over to the states.

MechaX

Persona 3 is probably the only, only game that I am most likely going to triple dip for.

Aeana said:

Well, I would imagine that they might try to rework the s-link system slightly for the party members (considering P3's links were virtually female centric). I doubt they're going to change too much on the school folk (most of which were male to begin with).

xaosslug

yeah, if Sengoku Basara 3 don't make it to the US I'll be importing the fucker. Couldn't import 2 because I wasn't about to mod my PS2 or buy a Japanese PS2 for 1 game. But will def. be importing SB3. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom