• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #994 News Thread of Kid-Tested, Imas-Approved

antiloop

Famitsu gives high scores for FPS games often. I wonder why, people don't seem to like them over there? If we don't count the Fam staff that is.

duckroll

jesusraz said:
I know it's a small amount of text, but does the description of Baroque explain what is new in the Wii version?

It just says that in the first-person mode, you can use the new and exclusive wiimote and nunchuck to control scheme. Doesn't seem to have any extra content, and I wouldn't expect it to if it was just ported for Atlus to have two versions to release in the US.

Acosta

Cel-Shading + HD= Win, hope they profit the extra juice to work a little on the animation side for that DB game, looks really nice.

PolyGone

Banned
FF4:TA looks like a romhack :/ but the story should be interesting so long as they make the most of things.

antiloop said:
Famitsu gives high scores for FPS games often. I wonder why, people don't seem to like them over there? If we don't count the Fam staff that is.

FPSs don't give you a reason to be fighting, and the fighting lacks honor

cvxfreak

I`d provide digicam pics and all, but my dorm`s internet has been down all day. :(

I`ll fulfill the first three requests (if any) hopefully tonight. :/

Dascu

cvxfreak said:
I`d provide digicam pics and all, but my dorm`s internet has been down all day. :(

I`ll fulfill the first three requests (if any) hopefully tonight. :/
Castlevania DS 3, Persona 4 and Kurayami scans would be nice.

:(

PolyGone said:
FF4:TA looks like a romhack :/ but the story should be interesting so long as they make the most of things.

But that is what thats making it seem interesting to me, it just looks like the snes version but with better and sharper sprites..

It sounds from the details being revealed that the game is consisting of downloadable episodes... hmmm

No prob!

I put the link to the BD+ scans in the "Are Mistwalker's days numbered?" thread, but no one noticed!:lol

Edit: Want to translate them?

harSon

Banned
duckroll said:
Hey thanks for the links. Yay more Mistwalker scans!!! :D

But they're doomed! :p

Blue Dragon really looks great in 2D (Toriyama designs in general look good in 2D though...)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
More handheld KHs scans. :D

That's the dwarves house from Snow White in the Birth by Sleep screen. Awesome, Maleficent and Queen in the same game!

duckroll

WARNING. THERE ARE MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILERS FOR BLUE DRAGON IN THE SECOND BD+ SCAN. IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY THE GAME BUT HAVE NOT, SO NOT CLICK!

jesusraz

duckroll said:
It just says that in the first-person mode, you can use the new and exclusive wiimote and nunchuck to control scheme. Doesn't seem to have any extra content, and I wouldn't expect it to if it was just ported for Atlus to have two versions to release in the US.
That's what I was worried about, the possible addition of pointless waggling. That sounds ambiguous, though, so there might not be any motion control in it after all. I don't mind if it's done well, but as you say it could well just be churned out at Atlus' request and not be too hot. Cheers for the info :)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
soul said:
Star Ocean 1 8788
* Limited field of view and long map movement times make it seem like a poor fit for the PSP.
* Map expanded too much, and you can't save on it.

The SFC SO1 had a fair amount of backtracking in it, so hopefully that's either cut back on, or else these new "additions" are gonna start to grate on my nerves. SO1 SFC was an awesome game though.

Arg, I want FFIV TA really bad. I like that it's being done in the traditional FFIV style. S-E better find some way to make it available in North America...

Top Bottom