• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - July 7 2009

VegaShinra

B.K. said:
The art style of the game really looks like it could be a new game in the series.
Yeah, it's nearly identical. Hopefully, it's not a remake of the original with minor enhancements. I actually enjoyed Rhapsody on the DS.

So, Calling is back? It at least looks like more of an actual game than Ju-On for Wii... it'll be interesting to see how it compares to that leaked video from last year, which appeared to be a CG proof-of-concept rather than in-game.

edit: Actually, that old video appeared to be (possibly) on-rails, so maybe that's not quite true.

B.K.

VegaShinra said:
Yeah, it's nearly identical. Hopefully, it's not a remake of the original with minor enhancements. I actually enjoyed Rhapsody on the DS.

The original game was Rhapsody. It's not that. I've never seen any screens of the sequels though. Maybe it's a remake of one of the sequels.

MrDaravon

Hero of Legend said:
WW games also go under their Wii label in the magazine.

Ah. I just hadn't heard anything about any further content for After Years before, so I thought maybe it was just a disc release or something.

Tenbatsu

Katamari TRIBUTE 95/80/90/85
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XII 70/60/70/85
50 Cent ~Blood on the Sand~ 80/70/75/80

lol.

B.K.

Dedication Through Light said:
Is this the first FullMetal Alchemist game ever released?

I'm pretty sure it's the first on PSP, but there have already been quite a few Fullmetal Alchemist games in the past.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Dedication Through Light said:
Is this the first FullMetal Alchemist game ever released?
o_O
Seriously?
There are quite a few. At least two PS2 ones I know of (didn't one of them get a US release or am I crazy?) Pretty sure there are a bunch of DS/PSP games but I could be wrong on that account.

B.K.

RevenantKioku said:
There are quite a few. At least two PS2 ones I know of (didn't one of them get a US release or am I crazy?)

There were three PS2 games. Square Enix released the first two in America, but skipped the third.

RevenantKioku said:
o_O
Seriously?
There are quite a few. At least two PS2 ones I know of (didn't one of them get a US release or am I crazy?) Pretty sure there are a bunch of DS/PSP games but I could be wrong on that account.
I'm pretty sure both of the PS2 games got a US release.

I think the brawler DS one did, as well.

SolidSnakex said:
Because 2K Games has the MLB license. The only reason Power Pro was released here is because there was a deal made between 2K and Konami. I can't see them doing the same with Konami's realistic baseball games.

But doesn't Konami's real baseball game cover the Japanese league not the US league?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any new info on KOF XII?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tenbatsu said:
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XII 70/60/70/85
OK.. anything besides that? Like how good is the net code or something like that?
The game is out this month!!!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Takeda Kenshi said:
Must have SaGa 2 infos. ;(

Please.
Has there still be no photos of the DSi? As SaGa2 is like the greatest game in ever I'll have to dedicate my first (sob?) DSi purchase to its special DSi.

A new Marl Kingdom game? (Possibly?) Awesome.

VegaShinra said:
Too bad NISA botched the US version. I was really looking forward to that game and the treatment it received was terrible.

Oh, and it's definitely not a remake of any of the previous Marl games. These characters (if it is related) are all brand new.

RevenantKioku said:
Unf, unf, unf.

Hey, I figured they would ignore the Wii for FFIV: The After on the account of cellphone makes them more monies. But since this captures other monies (and repeat monies ><;) then yay all around for monies spending.

Should have figured out that Japan wasn't going to be left out after someone ripped the Japanese logo graphics from the dump of the game. (http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ff4tay/sheet/24516)

Interestingly, the WiiWare version is still subtitled The After Years in Japan instead of the The After.

RevenantKioku

Golden Darkness said:
Should have figured out that Japan wasn't going to be left out after someone ripped the Japanese logo graphics from the dump of the game. (http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ff4tay/sheet/24516)

Interestingly, the WiiWare version is still subtitled The After Years in Japan instead of the The After.
Interesting indeed.
Yeah, I blocked myself from info on the English version. Just kinda hoped it would come out in for the Wii in Japanese after I canceled my Docomo phone.

B.K. said:
There were three PS2 games. Square Enix released the first two in America, but skipped the third.

There were actually four PS2 games. Three adventure/action titles and Dream Carnival, which was a Power Stone/Smash Bros. clone.

xfactor

Banned
scans for the 1st half of 2009 game sales are up..

top selling game
1 Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (647844)
2 Monster Hunter 2nd G PSP The Best (595348)
3 Yakuza 3 (485739)
4 Biohazard 5 (472261)
5 Wii Fit (465838)
6 KH 358/2 Days (462453)
7 Rhythm Tengoku Gold (398069)
8 Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid (383326)
9 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (357271)
10 Wii Sports Resort (353817)

Katamari Tribute, Gundam Senki scans are up too

Boerseun

Banned
xfactor said:
[Wii]Calling
- Horror (survival) game
- uses a phone in the game, you can receive text message, record audio and video
- 70% complete
- mystery girl, mystery old man and high school girls trio

The Calling isn't vapourware! Niiice!!

lupinko

Angelus Errare said:
But doesn't Konami's real baseball game cover the Japanese league not the US league?

So did PowerPro but that didn't stop a MLB PowerPro when Konami was given a chance (due to 2K deal).

Nisa65

TheChaos said:
Hey, Beatmania IIDX Empress for PS2. I guess they didn't make the jump after all.

Scans suggest that it'll have over 180 songs and will be released in October. Best IIDX CS ever?

Hoping for a decent Konamistyle LE announcement soon.

Grimmy

Banned
I'm confused - aren't all the Fullmetal Alchemist games releasd by Square Enix? Why's the PSP version by BandaiNamco?

Grimmy said:
I'm confused - aren't all the Fullmetal Alchemist games releasd by Square Enix? Why's the PSP version by BandaiNamco?

SE released the three action/adventure titles on the PS2, but Bandai released Dream Carnival on the PS2 along with the GBA and DS titles. Not really sure why.

Top Bottom