• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Level 5's PSP game revealed (LOLZ PSP'S NOT DEAD?)

Jonnyram

It's an SRPG called Jeanne D'Arc:

jeanneus5.jpg

Also, Idol Master for 360:

idolmasterlu7.jpg

im1bf3.jpg
im2uh7.jpg
im3nk9.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
But but but RIP PSP!

In all seriousness, that looks neat, need a bigger scan. :)

ProphetZG

SRPG's are one of my favorite genres for handhelds. So very nice.

However, will it be good? And will it get translated?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Tyrone Slothrop said:
whatever happened to rogue galaxy btw

is that coming being coming westward or not
Yeah it is and it's apparently getting tweaked pretty good for the NA release. It looks great.

Zeed

Banned
I'm liking the art style of Jeanne D'Arc, but there's no battle screenshots so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Idol Master looks...interesting. Any details? Is it like a rythm game or something?

Mrbob said:
2007 will be the year of the PSP.
:lol

Amir0x

Banned
god i hope this TGS lets us see some of these neat PSP games. Jeanne d'Arc and Devil May Cry Portable PLEASE

Jonnyram

Zyid said:
Idol Master looks...interesting. Any details? Is it like a rythm game or something?
Not exactly sure about gameplay, but in the arcade game, I believe you create your own idol and then have her dance to different songs and stuff. It's a bit of a weird concept for gamers, perhaps, but I hear it's rather popular.

kenta said:
What what? Disgaea is being ported to PSP?

It was kind of announced at E3 although NIS really didn't want it made public at the time (similar to Odin Sphere). RPGFan reported it

Fans of Disgaea have a lot to celebrate however. The PSP will see a new Disgaea title with multi-player capabilities. NISA wasn't able to confirm how many players or how multi-player will precisely work, but they did note it would be an integrated feature, and not merely an additional mode.

Zeed

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Not exactly sure about gameplay, but in the arcade game, I believe you create your own idol and then have her dance to different songs and stuff. It's a bit of a weird concept for gamers, perhaps, but I hear it's rather popular.
Erm...that sounds kinda...shitty. Does the article indicate that this will be any different from the arcade version?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
srpgs ftw! and it'll probably be good with level 5 behind it. has there actually been an srpg on current portables? well, besides random psp shovelware? i'll kill someone if this stays in japan when all kinds of awful psp rpgs have been localized.

ProphetZG

drohne said:
srpgs ftw! and it'll probably be good with level 5 behind it. has there actually been an srpg on current portables? well, besides random psp shovelware? i'll kill someone if this stays in japan when all kinds of awful psp rpgs have been localized.

Agreed.

I'm still hoping for Fire Emblem on DS. But so far, no really good SRPG's have been released for current handhelds. Perhaps this new Level 5 game will be the first.

ethelred

ProphetZG said:
Agreed.

I'm still hoping for Fire Emblem on DS. But so far, no really good SRPG's have been released for current handhelds. Perhaps this new Level 5 game will be the first.

So sad, but so true. And I, too, eagerly await Fire Emblem DS. But Level 5 SRPG = holy crap awesome. Can't wait. Looks like the SRPG situation is finally turning around for the better.

Srider

Banned
x360 is becoming the box of choice for many Japanese arcade games...

Now even Idolmaster!!!

I'll probably have to get 360 soon for these Japanese arcade games... next stop... Gundam Seed 2???

Zeed

Banned
Troidal said:
IDOL MASTER

WE HAVE A WINNAR!

*secretly preorders a copy*
If it only had some engaging gameplay...or any gameplay at all, come to that...I'd chalk it up as another reason to get the 360. As is though, Trusty Bell stands alone.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh, of course -- i've actually had mg acid since the psp's us launch, though i haven't spent much time with it.

Jonnyram

Zyid said:
If it only had some engaging gameplay...or any gameplay at all, come to that...I'd chalk it up as another reason to get the 360. As is though, Trusty Bell stands alone.
You can see some screens from the arcade version here:
http://www.comptiq.com/top_news/04_11/imas_sp1.html

It seems to have some rhythm elements, and you have to teach your idol how to dance, or something. It must have something going for it to achieve the success it has.

Zeed

Banned
Jonnyram said:
You can see some screens from the arcade version here:
http://www.comptiq.com/top_news/04_11/imas_sp1.html

It seems to have some rhythm elements, and you have to teach your idol how to dance, or something. It must have something going for it to achieve the success it has.
Sounds like Nintendogs with anime girls and a musical twist. I can see that gaining wild popularity...despite sucking. I mean Nintendogs sucks bigtime, yet look at its sales. Crazy.

EDIT: Hm...looks like there is a rythm element:

imas_a3.jpg

I guess I'll keep an eye on it. But there's also the fact that it appears to be the kind of game that has like...zero chance of coming to the US.

Top Bottom