• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Readers voted their MOST WANTED sequels

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sign me up for:

2 Shenmue Sega
3 Okami Capcom
5 Xenogears Square Enix
8 Ogre Battle Square Enix
9 Chikyuu Boueigun (aka Earth Defence Force) D3
14 Chrono Square Enix
15 Z.O.E Konami
16 Mother Nintendo
18 Senjou no Valkyria (aka Valkyria Chronicles) Sega
19 Justice Gakuen Capcom
24 Panzer Dragoon Sega
27 Lost Odyssey Microsoft
30 Jet Set Radio Sega
31 Dewprism Square Enix
32 Ougon no Taiyou (aka Golden Sun) Nintendo
33 Estopolis Denki (aka Lufia) Taito
37 Eternal Arcadia (aka Skies of Arcadia) Sega
38 Shirokishi Monogatari: Inishie no Kodou (aka White Knight Chronicles) SCEJ
40 Seiken Densetsu Square Enix
41 Front Mission Square Enix
48 Metal Wolf Chaos From Software

There's quite a few there that I'd never played but I'm sure would be awesome (Demon's Souls, for example). I had never heard of Kowloon's Gate before but it looks AWESOME!

Sydle

Surprised to see Okami so high on the list. Why didn't they buy more of it? Oh right, this is likely from an incredibly small sample of gamers.

Hell yeah, Gotcha Force! If Capcom made an online Wii sequel to Gotcha Force the Wii would become, hands-down, my favorite console this generation.

Paco said:
Surprised to see Okami so high on the list. Why didn't they buy more of it? Oh right, this is likely from an incredibly small sample of gamers.

Yeah but the fact that that despite the small sample size it was able to get so high is still pretty surprising...

Haunted

Tailzo said:
I love Shenmue more than any other game, but I never expected it to be in this list, let alone number two.
249 votes.

Paco said:
204 votes.

I'm as happy as anyone that these games appear, but this was a survey where less people participated than in most GAF threads.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yes Wild ARMs!

I heard the creator wanted to remake 2nd Ignition using HEX. He just needs time though.

Boerseun

Banned
DigitalA1chemy said:
Hell yeah, Gotcha Force! If Capcom made an online Wii sequel to Gotcha Force the Wii would become, hands-down, my favorite console this generation.

Gotcha Force at number four was in my opinion easily the biggest suprise on that list. I'd certainly love for Capcom to do a sequel, on-line or not.

Ookami-kun said:
Yes Wild ARMs!

I heard the creator wanted to remake 2nd Ignition using HEX. He just needs time though.

sigh, I hate the hex in 4 and never pick up 5 because of it. the hex system works beautifully in XF, but in the main series, it really only drag the pace of the battle. it works pretty good for boss battles, but for standard encounter, it make any fight a chore. and I don't think it adds too much to the battle.

I prefer them making XF 2 or overhaul the battle system again like when they add the hex in 4

Even people who hate Shenmue want to see Shenmue III get made.

That way people like me will finally shut up about it. Come on everyone, next time someone asks you if you want Shenmue III to be made, make sure you answer yes.

Why hasn't there been a Jet Set Radio game on the DS yet? The GBA was the only handheld version, correct?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Callibretto said:
sigh, I hate the hex in 4 and never pick up 5 because of it. the hex system works beautifully in XF, but in the main series, it really only drag the pace of the battle. it works pretty good for boss battles, but for standard encounter, it make any fight a chore. and I don't think it adds too much to the battle.

I prefer them making XF 2 or overhaul the battle system again like when they add the hex in 4

Huh? If anything, HEX made the battles less dull.

And how can it be a drag? It's quite fast, in fact, when compared to the older system.

Ookami-kun said:
Huh? If anything, HEX made the battles less dull.

And how can it be a drag? It's quite fast, in fact, when compared to the older system.

because now with the hex system, I have to worry about positioning my character that can sometimes take one turn to do while in previous system, I don't need to. besides, what's wrong with the previous battle system anyway. the previous battle system is actually pretty straight forward and simple, the only annoyances is in 3 they add running around animation for presentation that don't really add to the gameplay and slow down the pace. the Force system is pretty fun and have enough depth during boss battles.

I actually like the Force system in previous WA, I was hoping for some expanded system of that and some more customization for you character.

after playing XF, I kinda hope a main series WA that have the old battle system, but with Job system with some hex based customization, probably like FF X-2.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Shenmue and Okami wow... Xenogears? With actual gameplay or just another story disc? ;)
Hell I'd play it either way. Breath of Fire, deemphasis of dragon form caused me to lose interest... Demon's Souls...already?!?! Chrone and Z.O.E... yes... yes man... Shadow Hearts! WOOHOO! Haven't played Infinite yet...(no wait that's the one where there are sequences where you take control of a character to do stuff like chick with boo etc... meh didn't even make it 30 min in to that game) really enjoyed Lost Odyssey, and Wild Arms? hell yeah. Front Mission yup, Grandia... sweet Grandia... <sniff> Bullet Witch?!?!?! Really? Man no Lunar?

B.K.

Doubledex said:
Yeah, REAL Xenogears sequel/prequel/remake would be awesome!! :D

Takahashi and Soraya Saga aren't there anymore, so no, it wouldn't. It would probably be even worse than Chrono Cross and the Compliation of Final Fantasy VII games.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
cool to see Shinobido get some love. A great game that fills the sneaky ninja niche nicely now that tenchu is utter nonsense (has been for a while).

Funny how a lot of those games on that list aren't even big sellers. So Japan wants a sequel to Baten Kaitos? Well maybe if Japan had bought Baten Kaitos II, we wouldn't be having this problem. Jerkoffs.

ivysaur12

Banned
Doubledex said:
5 Xenogears Square Enix
6 Breath of Fire Capcom
9 Chikyuu Boueigun (aka Earth Defence Force) D3
14 Chrono Square Enix
15 Z.O.E Konami
16 Mother Nintendo
18 Senjou no Valkyria (aka Valkyria Chronicles) Sega
21 Subarashiki Kono Sekai (aka The World Ends With You) Square Enix
22 Shadow Hearts Aruze
24 Panzer Dragoon Sega
25 Baten Kaitos Bandai Namco
28 Wild Arms SCEJ
30 Jet Set Radio Sega
31 Dewprism Square Enix
33 Estopolis Denki (aka Lufia) Taito
42 Grandia Game Arts / Square Enix

Sign me up for any of those. And listen to them, Nintendo. Give us BK3!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Doubledex said:
14 Chrono Square Enix
15 Z.O.E Konami
16 Mother Nintendo
24 Panzer Dragoon Sega
31 Dewprism Square Enix
33 Another Century’s Episode Bandai Namco
36 Biohazard Outbreak Capcom
Mighty fine taste there

zoku88

With Sakura Taisen being so popular in Japan, maybe it would be popular in the US too, right Sega? Hmm?

O, saw Haunted's post :(

Jokeropia

Doubledex said:
A list with ~2000/3000 votes is a nice sign what they (japan) think/like, so... it's ok :)
Had the participants been selected randomly yes, but Famitsu reader polls (and all Famistu Most Wanted lists) are notorious for not being representative of the market at large.

Dead Man Typing said:
Even people who hate Shenmue want to see Shenmue III get made.

That way people like me will finally shut up about it. Come on everyone, next time someone asks you if you want Shenmue III to be made, make sure you answer yes.

Why hasn't there been a Jet Set Radio game on the DS yet? The GBA was the only handheld version, correct?
Then when Shenmue 3 bombs, we'll be clamoring for Shenmue 4 and beyond. Suzuki has his own studio (Prope) still right? I'm sure he could get the rights/engine from Sega and just finish it off before he dies. For fucks sake Yu, DO IT!

billy.sea

Banned
Their choices are pretty hardcore...

I want:
2 Shenmue Sega
6 Breath of Fire Capcom
14 Chrono Square Enix
16 Mother Nintendo
24 Panzer Dragoon Sega
30 Jet Set Radio Sega
36 Biohazard Outbreak Capcom
40 Seiken Densetsu Square Enix

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Some questionable things in there (IU???) but overall a great list, especially seeing Baten Kaitos, Arc the Lad, Wild Arms, and Xenogears on there. Sony could have probably helped their case with the PS3 a bit by bringing out new Arc and WA games.

I'd shudder to think what an American list of MOST WANTED sequels would be like...

riskVSreward said:
Suzuki has his own studio (Prope) still right?
You've mistaken Yu Suzuki for Yuji Naka. Suzuki is still at Sega. (I think?) Naka is leading Prope.

The penalty for such an error, of course, is death!

lupinko

U K Narayan said:
You've mistaken Yu Suzuki for Yuji Naka. Suzuki is still at Sega. (I think?) Naka is leading Prope.

The penalty for such an error, of course, is death!

Yuji Naka runs Prope which is funded by Sega, Yu Suzuki retired recently.

sphinx

the piano man
I think it's a slap in the face to see famitsu readers mentioning at all baten kaitos.

they let both games and the Gamecube rot and die.

If they didn't want it, then at least they should keep their mouths shut.

Baten Kaitos is dead.

Azure J

djtiesto said:
I'd shudder to think what an American list of MOST WANTED sequels would be like...

I really don't know why a true "What American Gamers Want Revisited" vote has never been done before. There's a ton of good games and series that would get amazing fan turnouts if this ever happened. All imo of course.

Top Bottom