• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
if online play is fucked and buggy for weeks after launch, that's a pretty big deal. I wouldn't' write it off so quickly as something that can be easily fixed when Mort's own sources think it could take weeks/months. Think about the number it did on PS3's image when PSN was compromised and down for a month. Imagine that happening on a system where online play is so vital like XBL.

It really is like Sony and MS traded places.

It'll work for the most part in a month.

16 hour shifts. Nothing we have to worry about.

Xbox One is a go for Nov. 22

Anything for hits, I guess.

antitrop

Microsoft will clearly blame any OS issues at launch on complications with reversing their DRM policy, even though that's obviously BS.

-PXG-

"Xbox Live doesn't work and is a buggy mess"

...Meh. Not a big deal.

Ummm....that's a pretty big deal. Tell that to the die hard Xbox fans who LOVE XBL and who LOVE party chats.

Man if live, a service people pay for, doesn't work at launch there will be a shitstorm for MS. And it could potentially take months to fix? fuck..

Effecting the whole online experience can prove to be annoying
Since day one Xb1 users would be gold members

If it is not affecting gaming time though then that is good but limited

statham

as I mention in the other thread, this for me is no big deal. 720 is a way bigger deal, both can be fixed after launch.

Ghazi

volcano-erupting-from-space-GIF.gif

Quick, someone photoshop the Xbox logo onto the big white cloud!

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Is all of this as simple as that February 20th reveal catching MS off guard? I just can't believe that there are so many things wrong with one system unless it was rushed.

Bsigg12

Like I said in the UI thread, this will be fixed so what's the issue?

I think the 720p news was definitely bigger. I mean this is a new system, I was expecting Live and OS issues. That's nothing new.

The Live problems, may be ironed out weeks after launch.

Id be more worried about the OS problems. To patch it, they need to patch peoples consoles and if the console OS doesn't work, people aren't going to kill themselves to troubleshoot and fix it.

Its the exact same thing with the WiiU OS. Its an easy fix, but only if your willing to do a decent amount of googling, which is something casual audiences aren't. They will just take the console back and buy an alternative

Shit just keeps getting more real.

I'm not touching launch systems at all. In a year or two hardware will be revised and more reliable and all these software issues will be resolved. Just not worth it.

Guevara

“The system OS and network integration was written by a group of people who do not play games. They don’t understand why things were set up in the ways they were designed by J Allard back in ’05.”

This sounds really unlikely to me. First, that J Allard actually designed such systems; and second that no one at MS can figure it out.

I'm not discounting the major rumor here (software is a mess and won't be 100% by launch), but this reasoning is extremely suspect.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I can't believe that can be possible.

There's going to be a huge shit storm if any of that comes to pass. How can they ship a broken product like that?

I don't think it's true personally. But we'll see...

DeltaJay

Banned
So in summary:

There are bugs in the OS. It might or might not be fixed at launch. No one but the guys working on the OS know..

...that's it.

Heh. Same people who bragged about the 360's party chat and online stabilitynare now brushing this off as if it's nothing.

Love my 360's party chat feature. Why would they change it?

Mugatu

Damn if true.

I never put much stock in those saying Xbox is screwed because the original people left but I assumed they would have left a strong legacy but I guess the corporate culture overrode any chance of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom