• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FarSight Studios releasing a new pinball game in early 2012

Chojin

So I haven't seen this posted yet and their website has not been updated. To be honest their website looks kinda crappy. I got this news from their own Facebook and their Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection page:

FarSight Studios is extremely proud to announce that we will be releasing a new pinball game in early 2012! We’ve been busy acquiring licenses, building new tables, and developing our technology on many platforms (including iPhone, iPad, and Android). We welcome all comments and table suggestions (we keep a running tally of all requests). We want to ensure that our game will be the definitive collection of classic pinball! Stay tuned for updates over the next few months!

Now they didn't say what licenses they aquired, so it could very well be a rehash of Williams Collection with a few more Williams tables.

Even though Williams owns Bally pinball, there was a lack of Bally/Midway tables in Williams collection. I'd really love to see some Bally tables, especially Whodunit, Theatre of Magic, Revenge from Mars and Safecracker.

Classic Bally I'd love to see Nip-It (as seen on Happy Days whoot!) Fireball II, 8-Ball, BMX, and Rampage (yes based on the actual arcade game Rampage).

Of course they Holy Grail would be for them to secure licensed properties so we could get The Addams Family or The Twilight Zone, but I would bet that would be a logistical nightmare.

The announcement of releasing on other platforms is pretty sweet. I'm getting really excited for these guys. When Gottlieb collection came out I thought it was an okay title on PS2, the physics were kind of wonky and the tables I don't think were Gottliebs best. But Williams blew me away, and then continued to do so on the 360 and the PSP versions. I haven't played the 3DS version yet but I'll probably be picking that up first after I get a 3DS.

From what I understand they were supposed to rerelease Gottlieb on XBLA using the physics from Williams, but I haven't heard any other news on that.

Bebpo

Banned
Great, but what the hell happened to Gotlieb HD collection for XBLA/PSN that was announced at the end of last year for a Jan/Feb 2011 release and then NOTHING.

Did they cancel it?

Chojin

Bebpo said:
Great, but what the hell happened to Gotlieb HD collection for XBLA/PSN that was announced at the end of last year for a Jan/Feb 2011 release and then NOTHING.

Did they cancel it?

As soon as I got done stealth editing I see that hahaha :p

Yeah, no word. They don't seem like a very big company, maybe they got one guy working on it in the basement?

Best news in a while! I hope to see a day 'n date release on GoD/PSN as I'd rather have my pinball always available instantly, like Zen's stuff. This is, of course, assuming it is another disc release. Ideally, I'd love for them to offer a real classic pinball table alternative platform to Zen with the same constant stream of new tables that span many if not all of the major manufacturers/brands.

Chojin

MightyHedgehog said:
Best news in a while! I hope to see a day 'n date release on GoD/PSN as I'd rather have my pinball always available instantly, like Zen's stuff. This is, of course, assuming it is another disc release. Ideally, I'd love for them to offer a real classic pinball table alternative platform to Zen with the same constant stream of new tables that span many if not all of the major manufacturers/brands.

I'd like that too. Zen/PinballFX is fine for original, arcadey titles, but there's nothing like a re-creation of a real table.

I don't want to know what the nightmare of trying to untangle something like a Movie Licensed game, even an old one would be though. I mean since its video pinball it would count as a video game license rather than a pinball license they'd have to get. But then you'd have to get the rights to the actual pinball license too.

Maybe Stern's heart will grow three times and they'll work with FarSight. Oh wait...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If they somehow get the Addams Family and/or Twilight Zone tables, they win everything in the universe.

I'd also love to see High Speed, but that uses a ZZ Top song... or was it the sequel?

Chojin

twinturbo2 said:
If they somehow get the Addams Family and/or Twilight Zone tables, they win everything in the universe.

I'd also love to see High Speed, but that uses a ZZ Top song... or was it the sequel?

The sequel had the ZZ top song. Regular High Speed should just be fine.

Bebpo

Banned
This thread is way too small considering that Williams HD collection is easily one of the top10 games this generation and the best Pinball game in decades.

These guys are amazing developers. I wish they were bigger and had more funding so we didn't have to wait so long for more awesome pinball with awesome goal sets and super realistic visuals.

Fantastic news! Hope it gets a disc-based release on PS3 so I can import. The William's Collection was flat-out incredible. No other pinball game this gen has gotten the physics so right. <3

... And it still hasn't been released in PAL regions! Only System 3 could somehow delay a pinball game over and over again for three years.

Chojin

Bebpo said:
This thread is way too small considering that Williams HD collection is easily one of the top10 games this generation and the best Pinball game in decades.

These guys are amazing developers. I wish they were bigger and had more funding so we didn't have to wait so long for more awesome pinball with awesome goal sets and super realistic visuals.

The fact their games come out as budget titles is insane. What you get for the price is is chock full of goodness. And yes, Williams HD on 360 is easily in my top 10 for this entire generation.

I hope the next round they go with they add in more historical stuff. I'd love to see interviews with people that built the tables.

They should make a collectors edition, making of DVD with a 10 hour documentary on the history of Pinball. I'd pay for that :p

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
YES! Will multi-dip for everything they put out. Best pinball physics EVER by a country mile (sorry Zen Studios, not even close).
Can't wait for the upcoming 3DS game, I hope there's an option to play in 2D using both screens (fat chance) but at keast it'll be nice ti have every perk/score led on a separate screen.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Williams for PS3 is god-tier pinball, I only play Zen/Marvel cause it's got some real challenging trophies and a great DLC implementation.

FarSight could run this thing with the pinball aficionados by really doing up the licensed tables and yes, somehow getting those holy grail Addams/Twilight machines in. Pretty excited for this.

PS3 release oh please dear god.

Top Bottom