• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX will be available at launch for $20/€20

original.jpg
Just confirmed in a new Nintendo life article

FAST RMX will cost only 19.99 USD/EUROs! Grab it at launch!

For all the improvements and added features, I suggest you read the article and give these people their deserved clicks.

Here's some choice quotes by Jonneh3003 though:

"First of all we were able to drop all the tricks that we needed to make FAST Racing Neo run at 60fps at all. So the image quality of FAST RMX is much higher then FAST Racing Neo. We also improved the rendering resolution from 720p to 1080p. We also took this chance to create a complete new user interface to make better use of the higher resolution."

"HD Rumble is really cool. I think FAST RMX is one of the first games at all that makes use of it. HD Rumble gives you the impression you are really 'on the track'. You feel when you bump into something, and you really feel 'where' it happened in regard to your vehicle. You could even try to close you eyes and play blind just by that feedback. You also recognize just by HD Rumble feedback if you drive over a jump-pad or if you get propelled by a boost-pad. We think its really something novel and thats a lot to get more immersed."

"Our goal was to deliver always 60fps, no matter if console or mobile mode, and no matter how many players in splitscreen. To achieve that we render in 1080p @ 60fps with dynamic resolution scaling. So we always have the perfect balance of high frame rate and maximum graphics quality."
If you want to know what FAST RMX is all about/based on, here's the Metacritic of the Wii U version. Please note that this is a port with many improvements, so if you're on the fence, be sure to read the updated game's reviews too.

This is a Nintendo Switch game, in case you don't know. Sorry to leave that out of the title. I'll go stand in the corner.

Videos:

Fast RMX: Tepaneca Vale 1080p/60fps
Fast RMX's Cameron Crest at 1080p/60fps

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Feb 28:

New trailer uploaded by Nintendo featuring a bunch of new tracks and the 4-player splitscreen in action!

Amazing price for an amazing game. Everyone getting a Switch needs to pick this up, here are some quotes from the article:

"First of all we were able to drop all the tricks that we needed to make FAST Racing Neo run at 60fps at all. So the image quality of FAST RMX is much higher then FAST Racing Neo. We also improved the rendering resolution from 720p to 1080p. We also took this chance to create a complete new user interface to make better use of the higher resolution."

"HD Rumble is really cool. I think FAST RMX is one of the first games at all that makes use of it. HD Rumble gives you the impression you are really 'on the track'. You feel when you bump into something, and you really feel 'where' it happened in regard to your vehicle. You could even try to close you eyes and play blind just by that feedback. You also recognize just by HD Rumble feedback if you drive over a jump-pad or if you get propelled by a boost-pad. We think its really something novel and thats a lot to get more immersed."

"Our goal was to deliver always 60fps, no matter if console or mobile mode, and no matter how many players in splitscreen. To achieve that we render in 1080p @ 60fps with dynamic resolution scaling. So we always have the perfect balance of high frame rate and maximum graphics quality."

"We have a massive number of 30 tracks, and each track has its own setting. So it's like 30 tiny worlds to explore. And we really mean 'worlds' because each track is so unique. We also have 15 anti-gravity vehicles to unlock and 10 cups to complete. So even when you come from the original Wii U eShop version you will experience almost twice the content!"

60fps all the time even in 4 player split screen but the resolution scales dynamically depending on what mode you're in. I assume docked mode can manage full 1080p 60fps natively. Can't wait to feel how HD rumble is implemented.

Stopdoor

I think they're implying you can do splitscreen + online (and consequently LAN) in that article? The wording is a little weird, hope so, 8 people between 2 Switches is my dream.

To be fair that's one poor review on a page that's mostly full of glowing impressions and that was for FAST Racing Neo for Wii U. Shin'en have stated they've restructured the AI so rubber banding shouldn't be a problem anymore and there's plenty of new content.

Added to OP

Thanks :) I recommend anyone interested in the game flicks through the article, there's some really nice information in there, the game has twice the content of the Wii U version (I think they were refering to the base game) and runs significantly better.

Oregano

Hmm that quote about dropping the tricks does that mean it's actually rendering natively at 1080p and no doing the temporal reprojection thing the Wii U version did?

If so that's insanely impressive.

Hmm that quote about dropping the tricks does that mean it's actually rendering natively at 1080p and no doing the temporal reprojection thing the Wii U version did?

If so that's insanely impressive.

They later state it has dynamic resolution scaling but they mentioned that alongside 4 player split screen, the docked single player experience could very well be native 1080p.

Fredrik

Oh my. Perfect price. I'll buy it even though I thought the WiiU version was too fast for it's own good.

Oh man, I thought I was safe from spending even more on this thing...

My wallet is now somehow double-empty

Super stoked that both FAST RMX and Snipperclips are 20 bucks each

With Shovel Knight, this and Snipperclips all around the $20 price point, this launch is suddenly both stacked and rather affordable.

opricnik

Banned
This has shit more content and features then any other third party game on launch. Take that Bomberman,Street Fighter.

"We also added a new GRAPHICS option to the Pause menu. There you can toggle effects like 'Dynamic HDR Exposure' and 'Chromatic Aberration'"

I know how much GAF likes Chromatic Aberration. I wonder if these graphical options do anything to the performance.

They also say this:
"All these additions were not in the demo version that many people already played, because the demo was created last year."

By last year do you think they mean late 2016 or is the event build really old?

Top Bottom