• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried adding you, all full. :(

Cleared some space again, since there were some non gaffers with mashu lv 20 something, so it should work now :)

Sometimes people might ask, "Just how much money DOES FGO make in Japan?"

Now I can conclusively answer: "Just about this much."

If you don't get it, this guy fed 40 of his extra 5* servants to level up Arjuna.

Something inside me just broke ;_;

Sometimes people might ask, "Just how much money DOES FGO make in Japan?"

Now I can conclusively answer: "Just about this much."

If you don't get it, this guy fed 40 of his extra 5* servants to level up Arjuna.

Wow, some people sure have disposable income.

In other news, been trying out a crit team with Gil (with Be Elegant 25* crit star drop) and Cursed Arm Hassan ( With Imaginary Around) + friend Gil. Getting 20 + stars a turn is very fun, if not especially effective.

x-Lundz-x

Tried adding you, all full. :(

Man I wish I could expand my list with SQ, I'd easily add another ten slots if I could.

I managed to free up a few slots on my Friend List (due to a couple in-actives) and added you two! Waver + Gilgamesh as of now, but hope to get another 5* soon. :/

Name is (unsurprisingly) Chrono, BTW.

I got it thanks!

In other news, been trying out a crit team with Gil (with Be Elegant 25* crit star drop) and Cursed Arm Hassan ( With Imaginary Around) + friend Gil. Getting 20 + stars a turn is very fun, if not especially effective.

If you like that, try maxing out the Moonlight Fest CE during the next event.

+20% star generation and +20% critical damage at max makes it one of the better CEs for that kind of team for a while.

Quonny

gdb9APn.jpg

2x Grail

No ragrets.

chrono01

Cleared some space again, since there were some non gaffers with mashu lv 20 something, so it should work now :)
Oh, we were already friends. I didn't get the prompt when your Friend List was full, but now that it isn't, the game let me know we already added each other. I knew your name looked familiar!

Kieli

I think my account is seeded to get nothing but Archers from solo yolo, 10 pulls, and free summons.

I have no lancers. I just want to get Cu Bro to complete my RGB squad.

Dezner

Is Nero not available in any of the banners? It doesn't say she's not like Gilgamesh is mentioned, but she's not in the list of them that are available. :p I've got 4 tickets saved up sometime to use on her if she re-appears soon. :3

Is Nero not available in any of the banners? It doesn't say she's not like Gilgamesh is mentioned, but she's not in the list of them that are available. :p I've got 4 tickets saved up sometime to use on her if she re-appears soon. :3
She's an unlockable, meaning she's only available on the regular story banner if you've cleared Septem and not on rate-ups unless she's featured. Next banner she's on is the Saber Wars event which should be 4-5 months from now.

Dezner

She's an unlockable, meaning she's only available on the regular story banner if you've cleared Septem and not on rate-ups unless she's featured. Next banner she's on is the Saber Wars event which should be 4-5 months from now.

Ah, ok. Cool! :eek: Needless to say I need to work on the Story, still on the First Singularity. >.>

Thanks though! :3

Oh god, master missions are gem farming again. Just when I was going to take a few days off terrible drop rates.

Unless you want to do nothing but farm XP all week, these are pretty doable while farming materials.

Rider and caster gems are basically guaranteed if you farm the Friday 30AP at all. Saber gems are common from any of the Thursday dailies.

Assassin gems you might want to find a cheap free quest with dragon tooth warriors.

Unless you want to do nothing but farm XP all week, these are pretty doable while farming materials.

Rider and caster gems are basically guaranteed if you farm the Friday 30AP at all. Saber gems are common from any of the Thursday dailies.

Assassin gems you might want to find a cheap free quest with dragon tooth warriors.

The annoying part is that it interferes with the Moon Goddess Event. Same problem we had with Nero Fes.

The annoying part is that it interferes with the Moon Goddess Event. Same problem we had with Nero Fes.

Wow, I almost forgot.

But actually, that should make it easier. The farmable free quests have saber, rider, and caster gems (from werewolves, wyverns, and daemons). And one of the story quests has assassin gems (from ghosts).

Gems are not guaranteed drops here, but they're not exactly rare either.

wilstreak

whenever i am farming monument, i always thinking whether the rate for all type are equal or somehow the system knew which one we don't need and decide to spam on them.

Need 1 caster and 2 assasin monument, but i keep meeting Marie (Rider) like 60% of the time.

whenever i am farming monument, i always thinking whether the rate for all type are equal or somehow the system knew which one we don't need and decide to spam on them.

Need 1 caster and 2 assasin monument, but i keep meeting Marie (Rider) like 60% of the time.

That's the Desire Sensor in action

Strimei

I am ready to tear out what hair remains to me (male pattern baldness sucks) over these dumb golem crystals.

I need four, and I got 1 to drop for me in Gaul on Friday. I've gone through so much AP to farm Gaul. I've essentially conquered Gaul several times over at this point (aside from one small village of indomitable Gauls).

I need three more. THREE. Give it to me game! I want to ascend Cu again before Orion & Artemis, damn it. I've heard he's really good at handling her.

And now I remember that Cu's VA voices Orion, hehe

If there's one thing that does make me happy, its knowing that the upcoming event will let me max ascend EMIYA.

Articalys

A handful of fragments ain't worth it. I'll get what I can before the event and won't worry about the rest.

And speaking of the event, I think I understand how the dango currency works but I'm not quite sure. Hopefully I can figure it out in time so I know what I need to farm.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Owarimonogatari S2 - 01

I love Monogatari, but I legit feel like I only remember a couple of things here and there in detail about the series. Even then, I do enjoy watching every episode of this franchise and I always do my best to watch the stuff as soon as I can get access to it. Not sure whether there is another series that would be able to do the same. I mean Bakemonogatari aired in like what, 2009? My memories of all the seasons of this show have tons of information gaps, but it's okay. I still manage to enjoy myself and the crazy ride that is Monogatari in general.
Yes I agree.

Laiza

The only thing I'm worried about is getting caster gems. Already got my rider and assassin gems out of the way with the free quests, and saber gems will drop freely from the event.

Those caster gems, though... if we had a free quest that dropped them, they wouldn't be so much of an issue. But we don't, so it feels like a kick in the genitals. Not cool, man. Not cool at all.

Quonny

Owarimonogatari S2 - 01

I love Monogatari, but I legit feel like I only remember a couple of things here and there in detail about the series. Even then, I do enjoy watching every episode of this franchise and I always do my best to watch the stuff as soon as I can get access to it. Not sure whether there is another series that would be able to do the same. I mean Bakemonogatari aired in like what, 2009? My memories of all the seasons of this show have tons of information gaps, but it's okay. I still manage to enjoy myself and the crazy ride that is Monogatari in general.
threads2hard4you :p

The only thing I'm worried about is getting caster gems. Already got my rider and assassin gems out of the way with the free quests, and saber gems will drop freely from the event.

Those caster gems, though... if we had a free quest that dropped them, they wouldn't be so much of an issue. But we don't, so it feels like a kick in the genitals. Not cool, man. Not cool at all.

The Friday 30AP daily quest drops a lot of caster gems, if nothing else.

So I am interested in playing this just for the story mode. Perhaps that's a bit silly, but somebody described it as some kind of a Kingdom Hearts: Historical Characters Edition and, well, how could I resist that.

So in light of that, I have a few questions:

If I got decent characters from the start, would I be able to use them all the way through, or would they become obsolete and then I am forced gamble for newer, stronger characters?

I read that there are a Moon Goddess Event coming up. Do these events usually have story to them?

Strimei

So I am interested in playing this just for the story mode. Perhaps that's a bit silly, but somebody described it as some kind of a Kingdom Hearts: Historical Characters Edition and, well, how could I resist that.

If I got decent characters from the start, would I be able to use them all the way through, or would they become obsolete and then I am forced gamble for newer, stronger characters?

I read that there are a Moon Goddess Event coming up. Do these events usually have story to them?

You can go through with anyone. Japanese players have beat the game with the game's sole 0-star servant (though from what I read he's actually on par with 3-stars, to be fair. That said, people have used all sorts). You do want to have one of each class at the minimum, but it shouldn't be difficult.

You could very easily go through with who you got for like, ever, if you want. Characters released later may have updated or better toolkits, though, but they may also have worse (I've seen more than a few people complain about one of the three latest releases in Japan
Scheherazade
)

The events do have stories usually (the NeroFest one we just had didn't really, but the rest should).

The best characters right now won't become obsolete. At worst they'll become just merely good as opposed to beastly.

The thing is that the story will eventually progress to bosses that can only be beaten by a team, not any one individual character. But even then, you can build those teams using low-tier or high-tier characters, plus support characters from friends.

I will say that going through the game is faster and easier with powerful characters, but even the strongest characters in the game can be borrowed off of friends or even random strangers on an unlimited basis.

Yes, basically all events have story, and many introduce characters to set up the main story. The Moon Goddess one is actually the first of these.

Sounds about right. I'm almost done Chapter 1, (Orleans) and the characters are entertaining and surprisingly heartwarming so far. My knowledge of the franchise is a little lacking, however, and I get the feeling that the game assumes you're familiar with the anime series at least. But there's been a couple of standout scenes and I think most of my units are pretty lovable, so I'm enjoying myself. I've heard things ramp up beyond chapter 3, so I'm looking forward to that, myself.

As far as FGO goes, during the tutorial you get a free 10 pull where you are guaranteed one 4* as a starter. Almost all of them have their own unique niche that they preform well in, but Heracles is the one who can handle the most content, so he's the one to hope/re-roll for. Only Stheno is a mediocre pull. I pulled Emiya and I don't regret it, even if he's said to be slow burn. You are also given Mash at the start, who I'm hearing stays helpful to the end.

Also, each quest you take on has you pick from a list of Servants that other players have assigned for others to use from their roster. So, If you're ever having any trouble, you can just turn to someone else's OP servant for help.

Regarding the gacha, there are two kinds: One that requires Saint Quartz and the other that requires Friend Points.

For the Saint Quartz Gacha: a 10 pull requires 30 SQ, and it guarantees one 4* and up card (either a servant or an equip-able card called Craft Essence) and at least one 3* servant, but it's probably best to save your Quartz until a favourite character is featured on a rate-up banner.

For the Friend Points Gacha: Costs 2000 FP to roll 10 times, but you get a free 10 pull every day. You can get low rarity Craft Essences, EXP cards and Servants, but some 1* and 2* Servants are very useful in spite of how common they are.

Grazzt

You can farm 30ap moon goddess quest for caster gems. Although 5 ap one is the most efficient for getting dangos, I still need two more hearts (in addition to awarded 3) for Gil so I'm gonna farm it anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do y'all level your servant skills? Do you go all in on one or do you level all 3 evenly or what?

Haven't used a single gem yet.

Quonny

How do y'all level your servant skills? Do you go all in on one or do you level all 3 evenly or what?

I level the good ones and ignore the meh ones. Some servants have one-point-wonders whereas others scale really well.

Strimei

I choose the ones that seem the best or otherwise very useful. Also bear in mind the items you need for upgrades go up drastically. For example, Herc's first skill (an attack increase and mental debuff resist increase) requires 10 magic gems (the second stage gem) and 2 hearts of the foreign god. Going from 9-10 for anyone requires a Crystallized Lore, I believe, and those can only be gotten in a few rare cases (events chiefly). Or so I understand.

But that aside, things like increasing damage in some capacity, usually are what I focus on.

T-Rex.

Banned
Hopefully the Moon Goddess event has better drop rates than Nerofest. I need them hearts and don't want to have to choose between Altera's max ascension and Emiya's ascension to 80.

Hopefully the Moon Goddess event has better drop rates than Nerofest. I need them hearts and don't want to have to choose between Altera's max ascension and Emiya's ascension to 80.

If you have to choose then Altera is the way to go since Emiya has comparatively little stat gains in his last 10 levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom