• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

Hahahha...*enter insane laughing*

Every single time i can't play a game i get the good pulls. SINoMaintenance gave me two ssr class weapons and now this.

Tut pull was Herc
First premium Pull

http://imgur.com/a/ZmSHa

Can't get the link for put it into quote...sigh mobile imgur.
Anyway it was Waver and Kaleidoscope.

So i now have Herc and Waver (although i would have preferred the white haired rainbow sword spinnig girl). Who should i choose as my other 4* servant?

I will play it casually on my ipad.

Also rip me using all my luck here instead on friday on the upcoming ff x banner in brave exvius.

Tu101uk

what are duplicate card for in this game?
Duplicate Servants increase their Noble Phantasm level (which usually means increased power/improved effects) and gives the ability to overcharge past 100% during battle (which also usually means increased power/improved effects).

Duplicate CEs (equips) raises their level cap (meaning more HP and/or ATK added when equipped), and fully "limit breaking" them will increase/improve their effects.

OVDRobo

Done a couple of rerolls so far. Chevalier d'Eon and Siegfried. Game's already messing with me.

I'm taking an Emiya or broke stance on my rerolls unless I get something really crazy, since I regretted not getting him in my initial roll when I played the JP version a while back and it's really damn hard to pull a specific character in any gacha.

As a sidenote, it was already noted earlier in the thread but we'll apparently be able to pick one free 4 star out of the tutorial summoning pool. I wouldn't bet on this over rerolling, though because they never specified how and I'm imagining it'll be something dumb like a facebook vote where everyone is rewarded with the winning hero rather than being able to choose individually.

linkent

Duplicate Servants increase their Noble Phantasm level (which usually means increased power/improved effects) and gives the ability to overcharge past 100% during battle (which also usually means increased power/improved effects).

Duplicate CEs (equips) raises their level cap (meaning more HP and/or ATK added when equipped), and fully "limit breaking" them will increase/improve their effects.

i see. so it works kinda like SAO game.
Got Jeanne+Siegfried.
think i am gonna try with this first.

Uthred

As a sidenote, it was already noted earlier in the thread but we'll apparently be able to pick one free 4 star out of the tutorial summoning pool. I wouldn't bet on this over rerolling, though because they never specified how and I'm imagining it'll be something dumb like a facebook vote where everyone is rewarded with the winning hero rather than being able to choose individually.

Seems much more likely it'll work the way it worked in JPN and CHN, i.e. you will be able to choose individually

OVDRobo

Seems much more likely it'll work the way it worked in JPN and CHN, i.e. you will be able to choose individually

Ah, I wasn't aware they did a similar thing in the JP version. If it's already been done then I guess that's the way it will be. Honestly, I've just come to expect so much fuckery from gacha games that I just assume the worst.

It's a relief to know I can still get an Emiya even if I get a really great reroll that doesn't include him.

Nirran

Friend code is 279.231.358 If anyone wants to add. Don't have the patience to keep rerolling so kept the account with Elizabeth and Saint Martha. Did get a 5* craft essence with my premium. Not kaleidoscopic, or a 5* servant, but it'll do. Looking forward to digging in now.

Uthred

So how good is Kaleidoscope? Got an account with nothing particularly good other than 2 K's, are they worth pushing on with? (And Limited/Zero Over, so many 5* accessories and no units)

So how good is Kaleidoscope? Got an account with nothing particularly good other than 2 K's, are they worth pushing on with?

Kaleidoscope is one of the best CEs in the game, because it lets Servants get their NP meter up to full very quickly just by starting at 80%. That being said, it's not vital.

Arabesque

The localization is trash. I kind of figured this would happen, but it's sad regardless.

Yeah, I have been noticing a lot of spelling and grammatical mistakes in the script and the menus already. Even the iOS store page has a pretty glaring spelling mistake on there.

Kinda worrying, honestly. Especially since the story is meant to be the draw here, that they wouldn't proof read the game script to be more on point.

Got my cat from the tutorial pull. Not even gonna use my quartz because I already won.

Muhuhu~

And.... my 1st non-tutorial summon. ;_;

4c6DwCM.png

Vlad is pretty awesome...

Faynwulf

Too bad I have such a bad connection. It takes extremely long for me to redownload the game to reroll. I just want to start with my favorite Fate character. Why must Waver be a 5*?

The localization is trash. I kind of figured this would happen, but it's sad regardless.

Other than misspellings, it seems pretty straightforward. If you're looking for the translators replacing the JP script with whatever they feel like especially dank memes, you should go play some Nintendo localizations or something. I'm fine with this, although they could probably use a spell checker.

Got Martha and a bunch of less-than-appealing 3-stars. TIME TO REROLL.

Other than misspellings, it seems pretty straightforward. If you're looking for the translators replacing the JP script with whatever they feel like especially dank memes, you should go play some Nintendo localizations or something. I'm fine with this, although they could probably use a spell checker.

Yeah, the translation is fine, other than some odd mistakes here and there.

OVDRobo

Hmmm... I'm torn. I got an Emiya from my rerolls finally but he I don't have much else of value with Stheno being the only other 4* I got.

Is it worth rerolling until I get a decent 4 or 5* from outside of the tutorial pool as well as whatever free 4* I get, since I can get a free Emiya later and he's really the only tutorial pool character I'm interested in having?

How far do you go before you reroll?

You'll be forced to summon at a certain point. After that, do one more stage, get your free gifts from your imbox and do one more full roll. If you don't like what you have from the forced tutorial roll and the following one, reroll.

Kumubou

I had decided I was going to get Tamamo Cat with the free 4 star... and I ended up drawing her in the tutorial roll. Oh well, time for plan B (whatever the hell that is).

Yeah, the translation is fine, other than some odd mistakes here and there.
There is some rather bizarre phrasing at times -- why did Mash say I was the best master of the summer? The hell? That and how they keep going on about how the director is evil (which I'm figuring is in the context of the world's alignment system, but it comes across as... really crazy in context?)

Started the Anime yesterday and really liked the first three episodes. Installed the game this morning and played the tutorial before work. Didn't do my first pull yet.

The game looks really nice for a gacha game. At least the characters and Animations. Not a fan of the 3d-backgrounds to be honest.

Will share friendcode and first pull later. Have to work now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You'll be forced to summon at a certain point. After that, do one more stage, get your free gifts from your imbox and do one more full roll. If you don't like what you have from the forced tutorial roll and the following one, reroll.

So the tutorial one is 4* only?

What's a craft essence and how is that different from a servant?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Is there anyway to tie your game into an account? Or is the transfer code the only way to restore your account if you lose your phone?

Rixa

Yeah, weird. My primary account loads fine, but I can't re-roll on my secondary. Keeps giving me a connection error when I try to download the patch. :/

Yup, got problems with downloading too.
3 Rerolls went fine. starting 4th and getting this info: "Failed to connect to server".

Edit: Restarted downloading and atleast its now on 2% heh.

I was braced for some problems, but holy moly. This is worse than I wanted to fear, by a lot.

I mean, god... can you imagine Camelot with this "quality" of TL/loc? Or SERAPH? Or, hell, even Christmas 2016? Halloween? Either Gudaguda event?

Same trash as Persona 5 /s

Persona 5 is a masterpiece compared to this. This is legitimately awful and I can find a problem damn near every other textbox, and the skill names are nonsense. This is not the kind of quality people should pay money for.

chrono01

Yup, got problems with downloading too.
3 Rerolls went fine. starting 4th and getting this info: "Failed to connecto server".
Try resetting your router. Maybe they're doing some sort of IP ban or something, as when I reset it and got a renewed IP, I was able to download the data.

Rixa

Try resetting your router. Maybe they're doing some sort of IP ban or something, as when I reset it and got a renewed IP, I was able to download the data.

On mobile connection. Restarting app helped (my download was at start anyways). This is kinda slow way to reroll, by using mobile phone & mobile conn. :D

Azusa

I was braced for some problems, but holy moly. This is worse than I wanted to fear, by a lot.

I mean, god... can you imagine Camelot with this "quality" of TL/loc? Or SERAPH? Or, hell, even Christmas 2016? Halloween? Either Gudaguda event?

Persona 5 is a masterpiece compared to this. This is legitimately awful and I can find a problem damn near every other textbox, and the skill names are nonsense. This is not the kind of quality people should pay money for.

For me its way better than summary translations on reddit. I couldn't find problems with story translations. Could you point examples?
I only saw questionable skill names and misc misspellings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom