• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Man looking at those banners, they almost always mix units I want with units I have (and am likely to pull instead of the units I want, knowing my luck). Regardless, next banner I'll pull on is Tamamo halloween, provided we get that one. Wouldn't mind Orion, but I already got Gil and it's a waste of resources to hard target an Archer when I really need a caster.

Question - How does Grailing a low-tier ally work? I notice it would just give my Gil 2 levels, for instance, but I saw a pic floating around of a level 80 or 90 Leonidas, which is impossible unless grails give 10 or more levels to low characters.

RSchmitz

I think the servants I want are 8 months away (Jalter) and then another 9 months (Merlin).
With that in mind I just spent my summon tickets trying to get Gil and failed. Got another cat and 2 5* CE´s that will be useful.

bilas

Banned
I have no interest in the story but the game is already boring me...I'm doing the daily missions only. To the people who plays Dokkan Battle, will this game have any kind of special events, farmable units with 'dokkan awaken'?

anyone?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Of course, there will be new events and things to farm as time goes on. However, if you have no interest in the story or the characters, then you should move on. This game is a very story and character driven game.

Question - How does Grailing a low-tier ally work? I notice it would just give my Gil 2 levels, for instance, but I saw a pic floating around of a level 80 or 90 Leonidas, which is impossible unless grails give 10 or more levels to low characters.

At level 60 grailing gives 10 levels (so this applies to 1*s only).
At level 90 or higher grailing gives 2 levels.
All other cases, grailing gives 5 levels.

KHlover

Banned
You will when they finally put in Gothic Lolita Battle Maid Waitress Altria who ends up super broken OP.

z8wFU0x.png

I'll download the game should they ever end up releasing the 2nd best Saber. I'll download it and spend some money should they ever release the best Saber.

Best Saber being Saber Lion of course

Pejo

At level 60 grailing gives 10 levels (so this applies to 1*s only).
At level 90 or higher grailing gives 2 levels.
All other cases, grailing gives 5 levels.

Ah thanks. Might seriously waste my grails on Lancer Cu. We'll see when the time comes. Too bad his berserker alter form looks so stupid.

Azusa

Use this image as guide:

68j4jEg.png

Grail not only add few levels and attack/hp stats but also will make your bronze 2* to silver (1 grail) or gold 2* ( 3 grail). Same for silver 3* at level 80 (2 grail) you will get gold frame.

Apparently there was a typo where it says the 27th on the Facebook page or in game so they are extending it to honor the longer time frame. Oh well.

I need a break after 2 weeks of grinding dailies anyways.

Is there an optimum way to enhance servants and CEs?

Do you just feed them whatever XP items you have for their class or in the case of CEs just feed it all the 1 star junk CEs?

Strimei

I just wish his moveset was more akin to CCC, and he had a tracksuit, but his constant laughter during fights is A+.

I could have sworn he had his tracksuit as an option but I double checked and no. Huh. Well since they're finally giving costumes to characters (in Japan anyway, gonna be a while for us), I imagine it'll be coming.

...also come to think of it, we don't have Proto-Gil, do we? I know we got Proto-Cu and Arthur in the game (Arthur in Japan, not here yet obviously).

Slashlen

Nerofest prediction: Stream announced for Thursday. Stream tells us nothing. Facebook post on Friday announces Nerofest for following Tuesday.

elty

Stupid question - let's say you click on your deck (so that 5 cards are selectable) but you want to back out because you forget to use as kill - how do you do that?

Accidentally pulled a 10-roll and it was bleh.

All 3* except the mandatory 4* which is Imaginary Around. Not that helpful since I have no good Q Servants in my team

Zanzura

The design is intentional. They want you to commit when you hit the button.

Can you put something other than Rin's Pendant on your Gil? Like maybe Sakura or something? Thanks.

I kind of get why it's there so people can't easily check star distribution but you can circumvent it by just resetting so it's pointless to not allow people to back out. I dunno, they could just leave it, it's a minor inconvenience to me since I rarely forget to use a skill.

Sakura? You mean the 60% starting NP one? I'm surprised to hear someone actually wanting to use Gil's NP pre-upgrade right now, it's pretty weak against anything that's not a Servant-type. I figured people would want to use him for crit-gen or crit-damage. If you want wave-clearing you could use my Lancelot with Kaleidoscope. His NP's at 2 as well. I've basically given it to him since I've become a bit lazy changing it around for each daily.

chrono01

Is there some place where I can see what servants are releasing when, or is this just based off the timing of the Japanese version?
There's this that someone made that lists all of the releases in the Japanese version. The Global version should, more-or-less, follow the same schedule, since they released around the same month (albeit, two years behind). This is assuming Global follows the same pattern, but in all likelihood it will.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...82ihM98PZEG0/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1747575292

Kenai

I could have sworn he had his tracksuit as an option but I double checked and no. Huh. Well since they're finally giving costumes to characters (in Japan anyway, gonna be a while for us), I imagine it'll be coming.

...also come to think of it, we don't have Proto-Gil, do we? I know we got Proto-Cu and Arthur in the game (Arthur in Japan, not here yet obviously).

There's a child version and a caster version but that's all I know of. I guess child isn't the same as proto?

chrono01

Ah ok so i guess i should just use them whenever i get them then.
I'd still save them for whenever we get a rate-up on a character you want, such as now with Atalante (4*) and Gilgamesh (5*). Use the Google doc I posted above to plan your spending for someone you really want, but it doesn't hurt to do a ticket pull here and there to "scratch that itch".

There's a child version and a caster version but that's all I know of. I guess child isn't the same as proto?

[Prototype] stuff is specifically a rather different timeline from the mainline Fate stuff. Basically it's the world where King Arthur is actually a guy.

Ala Alba

Finally max level'd, max fou'd my Jeanne.

What kind of CE would you want to see on a Jeanne? Currently have an Arts-up CE on her.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Kid Gil is an actual character in one of the Fate/ spinoffs.

Were these prototypes even used in a proper* Fate storyline? I thought they were just plucked from his earlier F/SN script.

*ie one that's fleshed out and not a ten minute anime short.

Tohsaka

Not really feeling motivated to bother logging in to do dailies since I easily finished all the story content with just Heracles/Gilgamsh and random support summons, and we don't know when the next chapter will be coming. I've never gotten any of the other characters I want through all the summons I've used, either. I thought about switching to the Japanese version, but a lot of the characters I want are event limited so I wouldn't even be able to get them anyway. Maybe I should just go back to ignoring mobile games like before.

jonjonaug

Kid Gil is an actual character in one of the Fate/ spinoffs.

Were these prototypes even used in a proper* Fate storyline? I thought they were just plucked from his earlier F/SN script.

*ie one that's fleshed out and not a ten minute anime short.

Hikaru Sakurai wrote a spinoff novel series based on the original drafts for Prototype, although it's very different. There's three things you can be talking about when you mean "Fate/Prototype".

"Old Fate": Nasu's original Fate novel that he wrote in school.
Fate/Prototype: The early draft outlines for what eventually became F/SN, mostly made up of Old Fate.
Fate/Prototype - Pale Silver Fragments: Hikaru Sakurai's series of novels loosely based on the Fate/Prototype outline. Some elements are the same, but most of it is quite different. Some of the Servants that debuted in this are also in F/GO.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hikaru Sakurai wrote a spinoff novel series based on the original drafts for Prototype, although it's very different. There's three things you can be talking about when you mean "Fate/Prototype".

"Old Fate": Nasu's original Fate novel that he wrote in school.
Fate/Prototype: The early draft outlines for what eventually became F/SN, mostly made up of Old Fate.
Fate/Prototype - Pale Silver Fragments: Hikaru Sakurai's series of novels loosely based on the Fate/Prototype outline. Some elements are the same, but most of it is quite different. Some of the Servants that debuted in this are also in F/GO.

I see. Thanks for this.

Kenai

Who should I get from the Recruitment event to round this out?

I'm thinking either Seig/D'Eon or Elizabeth.

Elizabeth is a good choice, so is Carmilla. Carmilla was my pick and I've gotten decent use out of her, she has Charge Drain and dmg bonuses vs female characters (and there's a lot of those). There seem to be more options for Assassins than Lancers down the line, but that might not necessarily matter due to rarity. You have to actually pull them after all.

Zanzura

Don't see any Assassins there so you may want to consider Carmilla.

I like Elizabeth as a versatile pick that fits into any party. Here she can pile on double attack buffs alongside Gil and debuff a boss, plus both her attack and HP are solid.

I agree with this as well.

Elizabeth is a good choice, so is Carmilla. Carmilla was my pick and I've gotten decent use out of her, she has Charge Drain and dmg bonuses vs female characters (and there's a lot of those). There seem to be more options for Assassins than Lancers down the line, but that might not necessarily matter due to rarity. You have to actually pull them after all.

After using Carmilla as my first starter up to lv. 50, my conclusion is that you don't actually need a powerful assassin yet.

Right now, assassins are support with low damage and high star generation. Carmilla is a weird outlier with very high attack and lower star generation, so she's not great at either. You can only get frontline damage out of her if you build the party around spamming her (powerful) NP.

Your party headliners are Gil and Herc, so you want someone to support either of their strengths.

The absolute best would be Lancelot to feed Gil stars and to buster chain with Herc, but he's not a free pick.

Siegfried is just irredeemably awful, being overspecialized with far too much HP and far too little attack. D'Eon can eventually act as a tank to draw attacks away from Herc, but you need three ascensions to get that skill.

I like Elizabeth as a versatile pick that fits into any party. Here she can pile on double attack buffs alongside Gil and debuff a boss, plus both her attack and HP are solid.

It sure is nice of them to give us 2 free quartz every week from doing the weekly master quests. That wasn't in JP at launch lol

Sakura? You mean the 60% starting NP one? I'm surprised to hear someone actually wanting to use Gil's NP pre-upgrade right now, it's pretty weak against anything that's not a Servant-type. I figured people would want to use him for crit-gen or crit-damage. If you want wave-clearing you could use my Lancelot with Kaleidoscope. His NP's at 2 as well. I've basically given it to him since I've become a bit lazy changing it around for each daily.

Yes, I like using Gil because I like seeing his NP. At this stage of the game, it hardly matters who I use for their NP. For awhile there I was using dual-Alteras so I could see Photon Ray twice a fight. I don't really use Gil except on days when I fight the Saber enemies and I pretty much only use him to see his NP.

Sciel

She's.....beautiful. Finally done, just in time for the end of 1/2AP dailies too ;_;.. I guess i'll spend the rest of my AP farming some QP.

Pretty much Liz to round out your team. Unless you want Emiya (you already have some Archers though).

I watch this video every time I feel the urge to whale. Works wonders for me. :)
Good deterrent eh? Else we'll end up like Gudako here lol.

Not really feeling motivated to bother logging in to do dailies since I easily finished all the story content with just Heracles/Gilgamsh and random support summons, and we don't know when the next chapter will be coming. I've never gotten any of the other characters I want through all the summons I've used, either. I thought about switching to the Japanese version, but a lot of the characters I want are event limited so I wouldn't even be able to get them anyway. Maybe I should just go back to ignoring mobile games like before.
That's most of mobile gaming for you in a nutshell :/ .

Final pull from the free tickets:

itsfuckingnothing.gif

I still have 30 quartz, but I was saving them for nerofest...maybe I should try.

xequalsy

Started saving for Iskandar after I yolo'd a Vlad from a ticket.

Still not sure if I want to save tickets or use them to yolo pull and help me satisfy the urge to pull. On one hand, will probably get to save a lot of tickets by the time he comes out. On the other, urge to pull is strong...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why do so few Riders actually ride anything?

Plz nasu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom