• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite towns

My-Telvanni-house.jpg

House Telvanni... artistically I loved this setting.

Edit: Well it seems I am not the only one waxing nostalgic about some of the best wrpg houses ever.

bengraven

malingenie said:
s I am not the only one waxing nostalgic about some of the best wrpg houses ever.

Several people have posted Telvanni villages or Balmora and I posted Caldera.

Don't worry, though, you're just proving that Morrowind had the best locations in any Elder Scrolls game so far.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Altamira in Tales of Symphonia - a seaside resort town with a huge hotel, and an amusement park.

Parnasse in Baten Kaitos (already mentioned several times in the thread) - town made of candy!

Radiata in Radiata Stories - one of the largest towns I've ever seen in a game, where every NPC has their own daily schedule.

Archades in FFXII - shitty game, fantastic town with lovely architecture.

Kuran

Banned
veil-027.png

Veil of Darkness (DOS) had a great eastern european 'eerie' setting for its main town. Recommended game btw.

Discworld 1 also had an incredible city.

Those mass effect shots do nothing for me, there is such a disconnect between walled off skyboxes and what can actually be explored..

Hansel

Banned
One of mine is definitely Whispering Rock
835541-entirecamp.jpg

It's not really a "town" but I think it fits in the same category as towns in most games.

epmode

SpaceBridge said:
Too bad you cant really "explore" any of what you posted.
The same goes for everything in ME1 that isn't the Citadel (and even that is nothing compared to, say, Athlaka in BG2). Both games are SUPAR STREAMLINED in that regard.

Off the top of my head: Kakariko Village, Nibelheim, Arni Village, Guldove, the peasant village from Resident Evil 4, and the fishing village whose name I can't remember from Baten Kaitos.

Come to think of it, a lot of my favorite locales from games have been cities.

Dynamic3

There is a particular town in White Knight Chronicles that I love, at least conceptually; but given the recent release of II, I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Top Bottom