• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feliz Día de la Independencia de México! Come celebrate with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

This date is of great importance for Mexicans and I'm super proud of being one but, hate to be that guy, there is nothing to celebrate. Corruption, massacres, drug war, the dollar is almost $20, journalist are being censored or killed and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. To celebrate today is to approve of all the things listed above and accept Peña's legitimize.

Fuck off with that shit. You are a free citizen of a beautiful country with beautiful, noble and hardworking people. Celebrate with them that you are alive and that you are capable of making a change together and take a day off to consider the things worth waking up every day for without putting your fellow mexicans down for celebrating as well.

Africanus

Felicidades Los Estados Unidos Mexicanos!

I'm using this thread as practice for Spanish, and I've understood much.

Why viejas for women though? I saw that as old ladies and was confused haha.
I hear mujeres more around friends up here.

I just think its kinda weird. A battle that was won against the French. Sure. But soon after, French retake Mexico and then establish Maximiliano as emperor and ruler of Mexico. LOL
That short lived empire left us lots of good stuff that we see to this day. They're the reason we've been using the Metric system since the 1800s making Mexico one of the first countries of the new world to adopt the GOAT of measurement systems.

I celebrate France conquering Mexico. Viva la Metric system!!!

Roo

Felicidades Los Estados Unidos Mexicanos!

I'm using this thread as practice for Spanish, and I've understood much.

Why viejas for women though? I saw that as old ladies and was confused haha.
I hear mujeres more around friends up here.

It's one of the many many synonyms we have for women.
Mujer, vieja, chava, chica, morra, mami (lol) etc.
All of them mean the same here.

Lot of Mexicans can't even grow staches.

Don't even go there

BcXhabV.gif

brau

That short lived empire left us lots of good stuff that we see to this day. They're the reason we've been using the Metric system since the 1800s making Mexico one of the first countries of the new world to adopt the GOAT of measurement systems.

I celebrate France conquering Mexico. Viva la Metric system!!!

lol...

tumblr_m4awasTJ4o1r9c63ao1_r1_500.gif

Viva la france!

Dai101

Banned
hugocésar;179388790 said:
Oh fuck, my family is from really close to there (it's the town's municipio). I've never actually gone though (it's been 5 years since I've visited thanks to school, work, and whatnot).

Next time you go there give me a call :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom