• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Explorers: NA / EU release date + awesome Limited Edition announced

Final Fantasy Explorers will be released exclusively on 3DS on Jan 26 in North America / January 29 in Europe. There was some new gameplay footage in the last Nintendo Direct, showing boss fights, cameo transformation and team co-op.

Also, Limited Edition looks awesome:

QJKQwDcOFFExp_Beauty_e_825_KR.jpg

Available here.

From the website:

The FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS Collector’s Edition includes:
• 32-page artbook featuring illustrations by renowned artists Yoshitaka Amano, Gen Kobayashi and Toshiyuki Itahana
• “Songs for the Journey,” a 20-track music soundtrack sampler comprised of tracks by celebrated Composer Tsuyoshi Sekito
• Themed FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS Nintendo 3DS hard case
• Exclusive box packaging, featuring the artwork of series concept artist Amano

The Collector’s Edition will include codes exclusive to the Western release to unlock in-game quests that allow players to obtain a set of legendary FINAL FANTASY® weapons. These weapons include: Venus Gospel from FINAL FANTASY VII, Death Penalty from DIRGE of CERBERUS®: FINAL FANTASY VII, Crimson Blitz from LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII, and Thyrus from FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Chastten

Banned
Considering ordering it. Will go well with the Project Zero 5, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bravely Second and Fire Emblem Fates LE's. Now I just need to sell a kidney or something :p

Love these kind of games, and even though initial Japanese reviews were a bit disappointing, I'm quite sure I'll love this game as well.

I wish they would offer that FF1 port that the Japanese got. Granted, the game has been ported to everything, but it'd be especially nice to have it on the 3DS.

did this game turn out to be good at all? Seems cool, but I tend to fall into this action rpg handheld game trap where they really do nothing new and tend to get real boring real fast

MrDaravon

I kinda want this, but it's S-E store exclusive again; wonder if they'll buckle and put it up elsewhere later like they did with DQ Heroes. Also it's super neat but no way I'm going to stop using my Theatrhythm Curtain Call 3DS case and I don't care too much about the other stuff. If it was like $10 cheaper or available elsewhere maybe, I'll have to think about it. Definitely looking forward to the game itself though, we've known about the release date for a while.

This game is the closest we'll probably get to Crystal Chronicles now, so I'm definitely getting it, but I wonder what the story is like in this game? Is it on par with the mainline FF's, Bravely Default, etc?

Wish this was available at Best Buy. I'll probably grab a standard copy with GCU and call it a day.

Yeah, same. I'd easily go for it at Bestbuy. No thanks to SE's store.

This game is the closest we'll probably get to Crystal Chronicles now, so I'm definitely getting it, but I wonder what the story is like in this game? Is it on par with the mainline FF's, Bravely Default, etc?

Yeah, I loved pretty much every multiplayer CC, and this is giving me some vibes.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Exactly the reason I'm getting it. It's my only way of supporting the potential return of the CC franchise these days (well, besides buying FFCC music in Theatrhythm and on iTunes).

Top Bottom