• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVI Advance (gba) release on Virtual Console WiiU (Japan)

Robin64

Can you explain why? They put it on every other platform. Plus, NOA has a history of being a roadblock for tons of VC releases.

They are the publisher. Which is more likely, that SE don't care, or that Nintendo said they couldn't release their games here?

KingWool

Banned
They are the publisher. Which is more likely, that SE don't care, or that Nintendo said they couldn't release their games here?

More likely is that NOA simply doesn't want to put any effort in. Surely you can see the difference between NOA, NOE, NCL when it comes to VC?

mrmickfran

How do people not know that this is Square's property; therefore, they're the ones who have any say in releasing it.

Pinkuss

I'm close to purchasing a WII U, FFVI being released in the EU would make me order one instantly, depressingly I owned the GBA version and it lived in my old DS lite but I managed to lose it somehow.

TunaLover

In the other side Japan just recently got OoT, make you wonder if it's just a regional thing, Zelda is not as popular in Japan as it's in the west, I think they just don't see releasing FF games in america as worth.

Javier

In the other side Japan just recently got OoT, make you wonder if it's just a regional thing, Zelda is not as popular in Japan as it's in the west, I think they just don't see releasing FF games in america as worth.
I wonder if it has more to do with using VC games to fill up gaps on the weekly releases, as the NA eShop has considerably more original/indie games than the EU eShop and (specially) the JP eShop.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Were there any worthwhile additions to the GBA version? I thought it was just cool because it was the first portable version of the game. Why would anyone buy this over the SNES version that's already on the VC?

I want this in NA so bad, Nintendo and Square plz.

Were there any worthwhile additions to the GBA version? I thought it was just cool because it was the first portable version of the game. Why would anyone buy this over the SNES version that's already on the VC?
The more accurate translation is a big reason to play the GBA version.

Top Bottom