• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV E3 Q&A - DLC Plans, Resolution/FPS For PS4/XBO, HUD, UI, Controls & More

.JayZii

Banned
I don't know what to think about their tech at any given time. I hope they are really putting a lot of effort into optimizing the game and making it look smooth.
kill me

stella standing in the city at night.jpg is now completely dead
He said it wasn't an explorable town because it was a battlefield when you return.

I'm not saying that scene is still in it, but the streets were empty and those two where about to battle in that short scene from that super old trailer, no?

He said it wasn't an explorable town because it was a battlefield when you return.

I'm not saying that scene is still in it, but the streets were empty and those two where about to battle in that short scene from that super old trailer, no?

I'd wager someone will stand dramatically in the moonlight in the war-ravaged streets of Insomnia (Luna maybe?)

Zexen

What?

That makes no sense.
Yes, exact same reaction.

I mean, what?! I guess it explain why the Platinum demo was better aliasing wise depending frames. It will create really inconsistent visuals and be a distraction to the eyes, just as a locked 30 fps vs unlocked sub 60.

PC/Neo/Scorpion ver. can't comes soon enough.

Cloud7

I am so damn excited for this game. The more I see and read, the more I like it. I'm on that HYPE TRAIN. I've been there since 2006 and I will keep on trucking. The fantasy is never final.

Jeels

Man, they should never go back to Luminous again. They should also make sure to build mechanics and a game first before building all this tech that the hardware can't manage...

Blobbers

He really tried to drive home that there will only be a few summons. I wonder if there end up being like 4-5 in the final game + Carbuncle.

Sorry if this is a little off topic but I feel so bummed about FFXV right now after seeing the Xbox demo and hearing a few lukewarm impressions. I want to try restore my hype but there seems to be a bunch of stuff I have missed (the Xbox+Sony presser trailers/demos are the only ones I have watched). What is the best stuff out there I missed?

MogCakes

I'll enjoy the game however it looks cone september, i'm not picky about the graphics. Story DLC down the road means i'll have to drop more cash though...

Aters

I guess the frametime is still terrible in the E3 Titan Demo since several sources said the framerate is still pretty bad and the game doesn't feel smooth at all.

Really? I heard the Titan demo was fine. The indoor demo was the one with bad framerate.

muteki

Disappointing, but understandable Insomnia isn't really explorable in any real sense.

Climbing to the top of the building in the Platinum Demo and looking out over the city...no way they can do that in any way believable. I'm only expecting a few streets.

Have we seen any footage of where the enemy/invading army are from?

Sorry if this is a little off topic but I feel so bummed about FFXV right now after seeing the Xbox demo and hearing a few lukewarm impressions. I want to try restore my hype but there seems to be a bunch of stuff I have missed (the Xbox+Sony presser trailers/demos are the only ones I have watched). What is the best stuff out there I missed?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234221

There's also links to more footage further into the thread.

And it does all look a lot better than what they actually showed during the conferences.

wmlk

I think every preview I've seen of the game other than Easy Allies has been positive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233627

Here's a jolly town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBXsBCthC4

Flying car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4aTxpT-48

Go_Ly_Dow

Since they were able to sacrifice development resources to make that VR demo then I would like to think they have a small team working on a NEO version of the game.

Hmm PS4 Version or get it on Xbone then play it on scropio?

Honestly, would love a PC version but looks like I'll be getting the PS4 version.

TheTux

Since they were able to sacrifice development resources to make that VR demo then I would like to think they have a small team working on a NEO version of the game.

That makes sense tbh, maybe not really developing the Neo version yet but at least studying some kind of Neo PS4 model?

Zophar

Doesn't the weird AA comment just mean they're using a kind of temporal AA? Blending information between frames sounds a lot like "implement it every few frames" to me, lost in translation.

wmlk

Doesn't the weird AA comment just mean they're using a kind of temporal AA? Blending information between frames sounds a lot like "implement it every few frames" to me, lost in translation.

It's lost in translation. Interpreter couldn't keep up with Tabata's technical lingo.

It is temporal AA.

Go_Ly_Dow

That makes sense tbh, maybe not really developing the Neo version yet but at least studying some kind of Neo PS4 model?

Well all PS4 games need to also support and ship on NEO for when it releases. So if it releases in fall then they'll likely be developing the game for it as we speak.

The NEOs design suggests that getting the Base PS4 game to ship as is will take little work since it will scale to its hardware (like how games do on PC between graphics cards).

So really, the question is if they wish to take advantage of the additional power it brings and improve the performance and visuals of the game. I think they will because then they market the game without the flaws being so apparent.

Many speculate Sony will unveil it during Gamescom in mid-August so we may find out soon enough.

Hell when that scene was released it was nothing more than a CGI concept.
It has been immortalized now as Kagari's avatar.

image.php

benzy

They already got some people working on DLC and even made a VR vertical slice for E3. A Neo patch doesn't seem unlikely.

I'm looking forward to the game but I'm glad to say i have very little hype for it, so I'll be judging it entirely unbiased (aka not any negative bias either). Platinum demo wasn't my favorite due to the Combat but I'm sure with a proper tutorial and experience I can be decent at the Combat as long as the Dodge/block button isn't circle or whatever it was in the platinum demo

Athreous

Sounds good to me, specially the 1080p/30fps on ps4, at this stage of the dev...

I'm working on getting vacation by the time the game is released =p

He really tried to drive home that there will only be a few summons. I wonder if there end up being like 4-5 in the final game + Carbuncle.

Well, in this concept art you can clearly see Titan and Ramuh. I suspect the fish lady on the left is Leviathan. That would leave the other lady (Shiva?) and the guy getting cozy w/ Leviathan (Bahamut? Balle dat) at least. Plus Carbuncle would be six.

I suspect there might be a few more "minor" summons like Carbuncle too, though.

As others have noted, also hard to imagine Tabata not including Odin (his favorite).

HponHHL.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And this is why the AA in this game looks like utter d00mp and makes IQ even worse than already how poor it was without it.(Thanks to designing a game that goes beyond the visual scope of what the hardware is actually capable of. FFXV is probably the poster child of why Neo needs to happen. But then again, i'm sure they'd find a way to pull of the same crap instead of focusing on getting things actually balanced..) If you aren't going to put 100% into making TAA work it's best it can. Then just dont' bother and use some crappy basic PPAA method instead. Even if that still looks like crap.

Half assed TAA with all the problems that brings with it along the normal TAA problems, is worse than no AA at all.

I'd rather you just get the performance,texture filtering and frame times in line than waste time and rendering time with a half hearted effort to get worthless TAA that does more harm than good.
luminous engine is poopy

Mortemis

Banned
But doesn't Sony's leaked dev policy state that they MUST do it?

Well they have to do a Neo patch if the leaked documents aren't outdated.

Doesn't the docs say that you need to support it for games coming October and after?

This comes out a day before :lol

Man this neo/Scorpio talk gets me down. I just want the game to run OK on the ps4 I have.

I've got no hope for a good looking and good performance game from them on ps4 tbh. At least at launch. Even if it doesn't come to the Neo, I'll just wait for patches. Hope they patch as much as CDPR did. Who knows if SE is as generous as them though.

Krammy

I wish they would just knock it down to 720p on PS4 and deliver a locked 30fps experience.

The frame rate has been one of the main reasons I've gone from 10 years of hype to almost disinterested in the game before release. Seeing the Xbox E3 demo absolutely gutted me after the Platinum Demo. I had assumed it would be much more optimized but I'm now expecting that to be a reflection of the final build.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wish they would just knock it down to 720p on PS4 and deliver a locked 30fps experience.

The frame rate has been one of the main reasons I've gone from 10 years of hype to almost disinterested in the game before release. Seeing the Xbox E3 demo absolutely gutted me after the Platinum Demo. I had assumed it would be much more optimized but I'm now expecting that to be a reflection of the final build.
What? No.

Nauren

After hearing Duscae controls will be available, I updated my demo and played through some more. Feels great. Behemoth felt my wrath, did the tour quest, Prompto petted a kitten. Was a good time.

benzy

You saw it in person? The e3 Titan demo has been reportedly smooth for both Xbox and PS4.

After hearing Duscae controls will be available, I updated my demo and played through some more. Feels great. Behemoth felt my wrath, did the tour quest, Prompto petted a kitten. Was a good time.

Yeah I still have my Duscae 2.0 installed so I can get some practice in, since I'm pretty poor at the combat and it runs that little better than Platinum in my experience. I don't mind the 900-1080p dynamic resolution on PS4 if it helps maintain the framerate. The image seems to have a...slightly blurry quality to it, kinda similar to DA:I on Xbox One or Halo 5, but I doubt any changes in res will be that noticeable in game.

Top Bottom