• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIA 2016 WEC (World Endurance Champ.) |OT| Porsche, Audi, Toyota, Ford, Webbah

Status
Not open for further replies.

blanky

I really hope Toyota can show they are back in the game now through performance and not due to misfortune of the other teams. Sadly I'll miss pretty much all of the race live :( I'll rewatch it tomorrow.

welp

Now let's see if Toyota can hold onto the lead. Beumi didn't take tires during his last stops, right?

Edit: He's now extending the gap over the #7 Audi while double-stinting. Good shit.

Edit 2: Another puncture for the #1. When it rains, it pours.

#1 in the garage as well.

Given the apparent reliability issues of the VAG cars, might this be the year Toyota finally breaks through at Le Mans?

They have the pace here (didn't at Silverstone) so yeah it's going to be an interesting Le Mans.

But all the teams will face reliability issues at Le Mans.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
At the rate the factory P1s are going down, maybe Le Mans will be Rebellion's to lose this year.

With amount of tech issues and other stuff I wouldn't be surprised if only two factory LMP1s would finish in Le Mans

Plus you always have the Ferrari factor (aka LMPs crashing due to lapped cars) in Le Mans. In nightly hours mostly.

Looks like the Toyota is out. Bummer.

Kinda concerning for Le Mans a month away, even the private LMP1s had issues.

Amazing the #2 Porsche is running without hybrid and still faster than private LMP1s.

Great race Audi won but not the best pace, reliability is going to be a big issue for Le Mans.

Next race is the 24h of Le Mans, on the 18th of June.

Catching up with the whole race on delay...

Love the moment with about 2:05:20 to go in the race when the WEC/RLM announcers figure out how the Ford GTs were sandbagging (with their Le Mans gear setup).

"One of those Jerry Bruckheimer gearboxes, where every time you want to go faster you just dip the clutch and move the lever"

Humidex

Will be there a Le Mans OT? I'm overhyped already.

Good question...just to hype this up;

tbwamexfm3qdntxvdpyn.JPG

LoveCake

Is there going to be a 24hr all nighter club (thread) on here, or is this the thread for it?

It's going to be hard for the Toyota's to win I think, just don't think they are quick enough over the distance, I hope the #4 car does well as they are a privateer in LMP1 basically, also #82 the Rizzi team, it's just not the same without the Flying Lizard team or the JLOC team though, Interesting garage #56 this year the driver is a quadruple amputee driving in a modified car https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans#Garage_56 really hope the car makes it to the end of the race, shame there is no DeltaWing or the front engineed Nissans this year.

Juicy Bob

I was going to do an OT for Le Mans tonight but I've been called into work last minute so probably won't be able to do one now. :/

Has anybody said if they are doing a full free stream this year? I remember NISMO doing one for the past few years. If not, Radio Le Mans for me!

Juicy Bob

I will second the WEC paid stream. Worked superbly for me throughout the whole race last year, ad-free.

Eurosport Player is also a good option, as it tends to have more entertaining commentators, but they have ads every 20 minutes or so. And it's the same ads every time, which can get very grating, very fast.

jcutner

Nice. Just got my 24 hours subscription! Looking forward to the OT, and looking forward to joining you there during the race!

6h of Nurburgring this weekend.

Benoit Treluyer out due to a spinal injury. Will not be replaced.

No BoP penalties for Ferrari or Ford.

Porsche has a new high-aero kit, makes the drivers' neck hurt.

Porsche ahead in both FPs so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom