• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifying Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Also, How come Russia is always as the same group as either Portugal and England? They must have played with those two, like a million times by now.

Fularu

Banned
Well France better hope to place best second place if they want a chance at going to the world cup.

We'll see, we did beat Brasil and England lately though.

faridmon

Ezalc said:
Canada has a soccer team? Next thing you know they'll have an army...
_39514674_radzinski_gi300x300.jpg

Tomasz Bloody Radzinski.

One of the geratest strikers at Everton who is a Canadian. Know your history peasent.

DaNcaKe

Meadows said:
I'll probably support Wales internationally, I fucking hate the same cycle of being an England fan. At least in Wales we know we'll get beaten.
If anything, the Wales cycle is even more predictable.
  • State it's our best chance in years to qualify
  • Get smashed early on by a "lesser" team
  • Play out the rest of the games with a 0% chance of qualification

Even with Bale/Ramsay/Williams/Bellamy, it's highly unlikely well even place 2nd.

Kurtofan said:
Do we (France) have to finish first to qualify?Or can we advance to the play off by finishing second?
The runners up in every group are rankled and the eight best make it to the play-offs. As one group has five teams the runners up in the other groups do not have the matches played against the team with the lowest points in their group taken into account so that the runners up can be ranked fairly.

Clegg

Kurtofan said:
Do we (France) have to finish first to qualify?Or can we advance to the play off by finishing second?
Don't worry, Sepp and his mates will change the rules for qualification at the last possible second to help France...again.Then proceed to ignore obvious cheating in world cup qualification play-offs,for the benefit of France...Again.

Kurtofan

anonnumber6 said:
The runners up in every group are rankled and the eight best make it to the play-offs. As one group has five teams the runners up in the other groups do not have the matches played against the team with the lowest points in their group taken into account so that the runners up can be ranked fairly.
So we still have a chance?I hope you're right! :s

Clegg said:
Don't worry, Sepp and his mates will change the rules for qualification at the last possible second to help France...again.Then proceed to ignore obvious cheating in world cup qualification play-offs,for the benefit of France...Again.
You sound sour ;p

Lunchbox

Banned
faridmon said:
Tomasz Bloody Radzinski.

One of the geratest strikers at Everton who is a Canadian.
he was good by playing on ice once the hockey team was done practicing

imagine how good he could've been if canada actually had stadiums! with GRASS!

Clegg

Kurtofan said:
So we still have a chance?I hope you're right! :s

You sounds sour ;p
Very :(

But at least I can console myself with the fact that Ireland wouldnt have self destructed at the World Cup if we were there :)

Fularu

Banned
Clegg said:

But at least I can console myself with the fact that Ireland wouldnt have self destructed at the World Cup if we were there :)
Ireland wouldn't have made it to the playoffs without cheating its way into it either ;)

Kurtofan

Clegg said:

Ah you're Irish, sorry man, yeah that was shameful.

Clegg

Kurtofan said:
Ah you're Irish, sorry man, yeah that was shameful.
Eh don't worry about it. As was said above you we had a dodgy decision go our way in the qualifying stages too.

It didn't stop me from cracking a smile when I heard about the French players going on strike mid world cup though :)

EvaristeG

Banned
The world can thank us, we will eliminate Spain even before the WC2014.

Fularu said:
Well France better hope to place best second place if they want a chance at going to the world cup.

We'll see, we did beat Brasil and England lately though.
Both England and Brazil are in a period of rebuilding, as we are, so that can explain our wins.

Anyway, in a world where Switzerland can beat Spain, I have hope that maybe...
I'm more afraid of Belarus

BlazeDSM

NORTH, CENTRAL AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ZONE (ROUND TWO)
Group A: El Salvador, Surinam, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic
Group B: Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Barbados, Bermuda
Group C: Panama, Dominica, Nicaragua, Bahamas
Group D: Canada, St. Kitts & Nevis, Puerto Rico, St Lucia
Group E: Grenada, Guatemala, St Vincent/ Grenadines, Belize
Group F: Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda, Curacao, US Virgin Island

Anyone know where and when they will be playing at all?

Fularu

Banned
EvaristeG said:
Both England and Brazil are in a period of rebuilding, as we are, so that can explain our wins.

The brasilian squad is still good, no matter what happened during the last South american competition.

I'm just saying that beating Spain will prov difficult but we can do it, our current rebuilding is going nicely and we have plenty of options to counter Spain's attack.

Clegg

EvaristeG said:
The world can thank us, we will eliminate Spain even before the WC2014.

England are not in a period of rebuilding.As of right now they are a pretty average team as was shown at last years WC.

Any rebuilding of the team will only be done after Capello leaves post 2012 Euros.Whoever comes in after Capello will have a lot of work to do. His first job will be to get rid of the dead wood cluttering the English team eg Crouch,Heskey and to solidify Wilshire as Englands first choice midfielder.

Honestly I can see England struggling In next years Euros and the WC if some major changes arent implemented very soon.

vanty

South Korea got such an easy group ahah. Pretty happy with Australia's, maybe only Saudis away will give us any problems.

$200

Banned
survivor said:
So is France fucked or can they take on Spain?
France to come second in group, and go on their way to reach the WC by handballing a goal in the play-off. You hear it here first.

Bumhead

Banned
England should be fine.

Moldova and San Marino are home and away bankers. I do however fancy us to drop points at any one of Ukraine, Montenegro or Poland. Potentially tricky away ties. So long as we do the business at home however and those sides take points off each other in the other matches, we should be fine.

painey

don't suppose there are any tentative match schedules yet? I have friends in Montenegro and Moldova so if our games are during an off-stretch of college time i'd love to pop over there and watch England play away

NORTH, CENTRAL AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ZONE (ROUND TWO)
Group A: El Salvador, Surinam, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic
Group B: Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Barbados, Bermuda

NORTH, CENTRAL AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ZONE (ROUND THREE)
Group B: Mexico, Costa Rica, Winner of A, Winner of B

Group B is going to be like that.. in resume is a easy one for my country (Mexico)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom