• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA World Cup 2014 Qualifying Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
I would do terrible things for Turkey to draw into group F...

edit: fuck :(

Hungary and Romania. Home draws and away losses incoming.

Kozak

Banned
Facism said:
Wasn't targeting you specifically, put ya pitchfork away ;p

Turkey gets a winnable group :D

haha looks like UV-6 and I don't have the same confidence in the national team as you do :p

edit:

Getting the Dutch as our top seeded team isn't so bad. We performed pretty well against them in that friendly with our newbies.

Facism

Kozak said:
haha looks like UV-6 and I don't have the same confidence in the national team as you do :p

Hiddink will be sacked in September, match fixing and TFF corruption being looking into, all means we're looking at a decent team, hopefully a decent coach and no TFF mafia inteference by the time we play the qualifiers!

Kozak

Banned
Oh wow. I'm quick to start hating on that draw for Greece.. Almost looks like a free walk to the tournament...

Hopefully Slovakia and Bosnia's recent improvements hold up.

kharma45

Group F is Portugal, Russia, Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg. We could potentially qualify if we can somehow get lucky against Russia...

We've beaten Spain in the past, we can beat Portugal :p

xbhaskarx

Why does Cuba have an easier path than Canada?

I don't know their respective FIFA rankings, but Cuba was rather awful at the Gold Cup...

Desmond

wdH4T.png

Shitty groups, meaningless matches, should just automatically qualify pot a and do play-offs between croatia-turkey-norway-sweden-russia etc.

faridmon

kharma45 said:
Group F is Portugal, Russia, Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg. We could potentially qualify if we can somehow get lucky against Russia...

We've beaten Spain in the past, we can beat Portugal :p
If we (Norway) have beeten Portugal, so can you.

Kozak

Banned
woah woah. Why is Norway top seed? What gave them a top seed?

Also only 1 team goes through group I right? Or is it decided on one of those weird rulings where the best placed 2nd teams play off???

Azuran

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
Why does Cuba have an easier path than Canada?

I don't know their respective FIFA rankings, but Cuba was rather awful at the Gold Cup...

Cuba is 40 places ahead of us. We just suck dude.

Kozak

Banned
L0st Id3ntity said:
Shitty groups, meaningless matches, should just automatically qualify pot a and do play-offs between croatia-turkey-norway-sweden-russia etc.

woah woah, which nation is placing above Croatia in that group?

Kozak said:

Also only 1 team goes through group I right? Or is it decided on one of those weird rulings where the best placed 2nd teams play off???
Group winners go through and the eight highest ranked runners up play in play-offs to determine the other four teams.

faridmon

Kozak said:

Because we have been playing some sexy footballl at times beating Germany and Portugal in the process,

and then we became shitty after than super saiyan mode. Luckly for us, the decided to base the seeds on those performance.

Meadows

Banned
I'll probably support Wales internationally, I fucking hate the same cycle of being an England fan. At least in Wales we know we'll get beaten.

[Nintex]

Turkey vs. Holland is gonna be fun, lol Fifa trolling. otherwise pretty easy for the Dutch, World Cup is finally ours.

UV-6

Always-honest said:
God, i hope we win.. the horn-noize will be unbearable in my street if we lose those matches.
:lol

We might snatch a point off you in Turkey. Doubt we would win though.

Sylver

Banned
Are we going to play against our lovely frenchy neighbors another time? Spain Vs. France.
This match will be good.

UV-6 said:
:lol

We might snatch a point off you in Turkey. Doubt we would win though.
Well, good luck anyway. Lots of friendly neighbours are turkish. They just do that honking the motherfucking horn thing and ride the streets for hours if they win something :p.
It's pretty amusing actually.

elsk

Banned
Meadows said:
So are NZ gonna sneak in again through weird qualification systems = i.e. beating some bullshit island nations and then getting lucky against a SA team?

Nope, NZ versus CONCACAF n.4 this time

painey

blinding draw for England, especially as I have Montenegrin and Moldovan friends who I can gloat to when we do 'em in ;)

Desmond

off topic here but I was thinking, when the Hell are NI gonna get an official flag? Hand of Ulster hasn't been official since the 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom