• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

smh2ems9b.gif

It's time for the first fresh Stream Monster Headquarters of 2016! Where the best and brightest gather to theorycraft, gossip, and do everything but play our "favorite" fighting games! Without further ado let's kick off...

THE ROAD TO

1WrnuLY.jpg

Let's take a look at some new entries and returning favorites in this year's Tournament of Champions, starting with the important Capcom games!

Incomplete Fighter V: The Phantom Game

lNZRzLq.png

PIvg2Np.jpg

Capcom's newest fighting game masterpiece. Such a lust for season pass money, ONOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ryu vs Comic Book Mans: No Age For Contract Renewals

oA2zKTw.jpg

qFIKgcH.gif

Did you know people still play this? Crazy, right?

What if I don't like Capcom games?

Go to hell. There are lots of awesome games not made by Capcom on the Road to Evo! Let's check them out!

Ninjas vs Movie Monster: Frauds Among Us

jAeIJDf.jpg

ai3dMQx.jpg

The EX Clone just doesn't work right. You know I'm in the lab but the move doesn't work. It's more than a 50/50. MORE than a 50/50. It's FRUSTRATING playing Sub-Zero.

Divekick 2

64SQ2bi.jpg

OfyRKbt.gif

They really went in a different direction with the sequel.

Everybody's Gone to the Volcano aka Akuma's Last Resort

zQRKTun.jpg

4TPtCA3.gif

This isn't ever coming out in the US so don't worry about it.

At Least It Looks Good Xrd -$60Update-

nQDDJsZ.jpg

5DDlWfq.png

Where the hell is Bridget?!

Pokkén Tournament

OgPYi74.jpg

P3Cqwy6.jpg

Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game combines gameplay elements from Bandai Namco's Tekken series with characters from the Pokémon franchise. It was released for Japanese arcades on July 16, 2015, with a worldwide release for the Wii U on March 18, 2016.

Look forward to the rest of the game summaries in our big update this June~!

There were a couple of titles that didn't make it to EVO this year. I've compiled a video package of FGC reactions for those games below

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Skullgirls
King of Fighters XIII
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

----

Here are some quick links:

header1qza11.png

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too. If you would like to add your channel to this thread, send me a PM.

header2vglhe.png

Often, some fighting games can seem intimidating to players new and old. Below are a bunch of resources that may be of aid to new players, or handy as references.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game combines gameplay elements from Bandai Namco's Tekken series with characters from the Pokémon franchise. It was released for Japanese arcades on July 16, 2015, with a worldwide release for the Wii U on March 18, 2016.

giphy.gif

lol, I was going to visit UGC next week for SFV, but they had a long ass post about moving their location from Panorama City (bad area) to North Hollywood (another bad area). That was months ago with no update. I have no idea if they really did move North Hollywood, still at Panorama City or what actually happened.

What's with arcades in SoCal just being blown up?

Why are you shocked that arcades are being blown up in the first place in this day and age
It's fighting game headquarters.

We aren't savages.

but marvel is in the op...

Rhapsody

Banned
Just got through a session. Lots of SF4 habits showing from players. I see crouch jab jab jump over. I see mashed throws. I see wakeup jump because they're scared. It's great.

K.Sabot

Just got through a session. Lots of SF4 habits showing from players. I see crouch jab jab jump over. I see mashed throws. I see wakeup jump because they're scared. It's great.

Aaaaand that's why I quit 8 months ago.

Heck even a year ago since I basically stopped playing when XRD came out.

I was still hung up on whether I should go for M.Bison or FANG as my main.

Then I saw that you can follow up that crouching fierce with the command dash as FANG, allowing you to punish with an anti air and even scoot away to a better position

CXSSHh2.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
I want to play some more. Cammy's so much fun to me, just on the level of footsies and rushdown.
HP in footsies and even spiral arrow. Really good at making people stop pressing dumb buttons lol

I want to work on a Dhalsim though. He might not end up my best character but he's too fun to not use for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom