• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

Im Free! After nearly a 100 days since I started working straight 7 days before the outage I'm free! Had only 3 days off in that time all 10 hr or more shifts. Now no more ash and oil covered work clothing and hello comfort.
nTxxm4f.gif

^Me Right Now.

Now I can FINALLY get back to gaming.

Time to play some Injustice 2 and build the cabinet for my arcade stuff to go in. Gonna relax like a full on couch potato.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
not counting DOA revisions, hasn't it been five fucking years since we got a 3D fighter on console? i'm in on T7 day one baby.

Beckx

What's y'all's go to PS4-PC stick? Whatever price.

I just got a brook converter for my 360 stick. I got the old MLG TE, modded with LEDs and Space Cruiser Yamato art (which goes great with the red/blue panels on the old MLG).

If i was buying today i would probably get a Hori RAP or build my own with a Brook board.

Dahbomb

Man that Capcom/Switch thread... LMAO! Some hella salty Nintendo fanboys in there. It's like some of them just live in a bubble when it comes to Capcom and are only just being exposed to Capcom's bull shit.

pizzacat

Banned
Man that Capcom/Switch thread... LMAO! Some hella salty Nintendo fanboys in there. It's like some of them just live in a bubble when it comes to Capcom and are only just being exposed to Capcom's bull shit.
It's hard to not be exposed by their bullshit when they are hurling it violently in every direction

Kumubou

Havent played 5 yet. Tried training mode of VF4 Evo and saw a huge command list with dozens of moves.
Couldnt even figure out Aoi's counter move. Dreamcast manual was so easy 😵
The movelists aren't really bigger in VF4 or VF5, though. The example you gave is actually VF being seemingly more complicated than it is: Aoi has something like two dozen counter moves listed, but in actually you only need to worry about one thing -- the hit level. You hit 4P+K for high attacks, 1P+K for mid attacks and 2P+K for low attacks, and that's it. They're just all listed differently because they bothered to give her different reversal animations for each attack type (which is actually a really neat detail).

I actually think the reason people think VF is so hard is that VF4:Evo was really the first game that went out of its way to show people all of the various systems and techniques that the game was designed around. A lot of the concepts were around in older fighting games, but it's not something a more casual player would have been aware of or even thought of without the various training/challenge/mission modes in VF pointing them all out.

Beckx

Combo Breaker is this weekend? Snuck up on me.

Kenny Omega will be coming back to CEO to play. Also CEO will be a Tekken Master event.

Line_HTX

This time I want to see a set between Kenny and Xavier Woods in Tekken. With all the outfits and customizations. Maybe bring a real life golden Dangerous Chair, heh heh heh.

Am i the only one who thinks SFV is a better looking game than injustice2? I am talking from design and art direction and how fluid the animations look while playing.

Pompadour

Animations in streetfighter are janky with those cloth physics as well.

I havent seen enough IJ2 to really judge its art though, the style is much better, no banana hair.

I don't know if "physics" count as animations but even so, they look fine in the middle of matches. The clipping is only really apparent in intros, character select, win poses, etc.

I don't know if "physics" count as animations but even so, they look fine in the middle of matches. The clipping is only really apparent in intros, character select, win poses, etc.
its not teh clipping in matches thats looks so bad, its everything flipping around spastically. Karin's skirt looking like marilyn monroe when she just moving left to right for some footsies.

mbpm1

SFV has better animations and looks better in motion bc of it

Mitigating factors: The background npcs, rollback while online, cammy's air throw

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Injustice looks better on a technical level. SFV looks better from an artistic level and has better animations. Tekken and Guilty Gear craps on both.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
its not teh clipping in matches thats looks so bad, its everything flipping around spastically. Karin's skirt looking like marilyn monroe when she just moving left to right for some footsies.

tekken 7 also has this problem and it's really unfortunate because that game looks real nice in every other respect, and many of the cooler costumes have lots of flappy bits and just end up looking like something broke when in-motion.

Line_HTX

Has Bandai Namco said anything about ingame Tekken 7 stuff on tutorials and such?

I haven't heard anything about in-game tutorials at this point. Maybe I missed something, but hopefully people can learn about the game with a mode of some sort before going to listen to Markman's tutorials, ha...

Top Bottom