• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Anne

If you honestly think I'm the only person not on board with MvC:I because of Capcom's recent track record I don't know what to tell you. If you can't understand why Tekken's flaws are less of an issue to most competitive players, I really don't know what to tell you there either.

What I can tell you is that from other people here, in the discord, on twitter, reddit, and all sorts of other places have a pretty similar opinion on what's going on with fighting games. Capcom's been fucking up and MvC:I looks rough, so people are weary. Meanwhile other developers have been on a roll for years and years and are having higher quality output on a consistent basis so people are jumping in. Even the podcasts and media I consume of some casual or entry level FG players are saying the same thing and branching out away from Capcom.

Meanwhile there's a few dudes on here like TLD and you who get called shills with shitty opinions in multiple threads. Like if you enjoy Capcom games, go for it. But the defense force is pretty wild and y'all taking the time to shit on Tekken because it gets more praise is some next level shit.

Idk. I'm just gonna assume something has happened to turn you into Capcom's bitch boy on this forum. If you or other people wanna disagree with that go for it, I don't think I have an argument convincing enough to break through this level of shill.

There's many reasons not to like or buy MvC:I, that much is obvious, the game hasn't exactly set the world on fire, and people are justified in having gameplay concerns as well (especially given the drastic change going from the last iteration), but that's perhaps the most subjective quality a game can have next to character design. Dunno what you're referring to in terms of bugs unless you're talking about the shit MikeZ was perpetuating despite not patching the game?

I'm just saying, lack of support or not paying attention to the periphery things outside of gameplay is demonstrably not one of them, and prospectively not so given what we know and how DLC plans are rapidly unfolding.

I can actually respond to this. It's basically the small bugs like the stuff with proximity block or animations not working right with the camera we found almost instantly. It's not bad, but it's basically leaving us going "so what else is going to happen?" with all these other things going on. And like, I'm not too worried about them being there. I'm more worried about what impact they might have on the game and how Capcom will handle it. It takes a lot of nuance to address certain unintended things or outright bugs/glitches in a way that doesn't affect the rest of the game. SFV is a good example because their anti-OS stuff didn't work, and they put in a band-aid solution that just makes the game a bit worse honestly. That type of mentality is really something that makes me worry, along with the amount of time it took Capcom to address SFV issues in S1 and fix their own fuck ups in S2.

I have no doubt there will be better content support this time. Like I said though, I don't care about the content. I played games like Yatagarasu which horribly failed on their own Kickstarter and had like nothing in it. I just want it to be a good FG to play over time, which I can't be as confident in with Capcom right now.

I have around 1,000 hours played of Marvel 3, and I do not have MvCi preordered. I think I am going to wait for a sale. There are just too many frustrating decisions for me.

On the other hand, I went in last night and did all of Necalli's trials to get the hang of him. =)

Tripon

I have around 1,000 hours played of Marvel 3, and I do not have MvCi preordered. I think I am going to wait for a sale. There are just too many frustrating decisions for me.

On the other hand, I went in last night and did all of Necalli's trials to get the hang of him. =)

lol, I had MvCI preordered on PC because CD keys had it for $26. Figured that was a good price, then found out the keys are only for Europe and Steam has region lock.

I didn't even know region lock was a thing on Steam. Ah well, at least I got refunded. I'll eventually pick the game up on sale.

MechaX

Like,

I do want to pre-order the MvC:I special edition or whatever because I want to give X and Sigma some love (and hold out hopes for Breath of Fire Nina/Ryu).

But on the other hand, I may have accidentally bought the last Nintendo Switch at my local Best Buy when I was going for nothing other than Metroid 2 3DS, so I can't really justify another $60+ purchase until my next pay period. Plus, I finished Yakuza Kiwami, am balls deep into Ys 8, and my friend let me borrow Breath of the Wild.

I swear, my biggest problem with fighting games is actually finding the time to play time if other games are out.

Are PC preorders for the "DLC characters + costumes" edition still cheap? Because I might just turn to that at this point.

Harada really does have you on a leash.

I mean, if anyone had Anne on a leash, hypothetically speaking, my first guess wouldn't have been fucking Harada....

MrCarter

If you honestly think I'm the only person not on board with MvC:I because of Capcom's recent track record I don't know what to tell you. If you can't understand why Tekken's flaws are less of an issue to most competitive players, I really don't know what to tell you there either.

What I can tell you is that from other people here, in the discord, on twitter, reddit, and all sorts of other places have a pretty similar opinion on what's going on with fighting games. Capcom's been fucking up and MvC:I looks rough, so people are weary. Meanwhile other developers have been on a roll for years and years and are having higher quality output on a consistent basis so people are jumping in. Even the podcasts and media I consume of some casual or entry level FG players are saying the same thing and branching out away from Capcom.

Meanwhile there's a few dudes on here like TLD and you who get called shills with shitty opinions in multiple threads. Like if you enjoy Capcom games, go for it. But the defense force is pretty wild and y'all taking the time to shit on Tekken because it gets more praise is some next level shit.

Idk. I'm just gonna assume something has happened to turn you into Capcom's bitch boy on this forum. If you or other people wanna disagree with that go for it, I don't think I have an argument convincing enough to break through this level of shill.

ChrisETryingNotToBeInsulted.gif

Yeah, you still sound like the daily mail tabloid rag that think it's smart and know what they are talking about but don't realise they are in a small ignorant vacuum. I didn't say nobody has an issue with the game, I have issues with the game myself, my real issue is aunt Diedre's like you who go off on a hypocritical, slippery slope rant with nothing to back it up with. To me, it seems like you are resenting people for being positive about the game just because it's made by Capcom, which, to be fair, reeks. Just judge it on its own merits. Harada really does have you on a leash.

Tripon

ChrisETryingNotToBeInsulted.gif

Yeah, you still sound like the daily mail tabloid rag that think it's smart and know what they are talking about but don't realise they are in a small ignorant vacuum. I didn't say nobody has an issue with the game, I have issues with the game myself, my real issue is aunt Diedre's like you who go off on a hypocritical, slippery slope rant with nothing to back it up with. To me, it seems like you are resenting people for being positive about the game just because it's made by Capcom, which, to be fair, reeks. Just judge it on its own merits. Harada really does have you on a leash.

What the hell are you talking about?

Tripon

Can't help with comprehension I'm afraid. In short, I responded to that reply without calling names and accusing people of shilling.

I'm going to be short and sweet, you're not winning whatever argument you think you're in because you're acting like a deranged person.

Anne

I was under the impression that Anne didn't even fuck with Tekken like that lmao

Tekken 7 is actually my first one and I'm enjoying it a lot. It actually got me to go back and watch/study competitive Tekken from the last decade or so. Really makes me feel quite bad about ignoring it for so long because it's been such a good series (but lmao arcade releases).

I'm surprised the shill accusations don't come down on like ASW or some shit though lol

I swear, my biggest problem with fighting games is actually finding the time to play time if other games are out.
My biggest problem is finding people to play with. Ever since 2015, I've had such a passion to play as many fighting games as I could but it's difficult enough finding people close by to have good online matches with. If a game doesn't have a consistent playerbase in my area, I'm pretty much fucked :(

Would love to play more GG Xrd and get into MvC:I and DBFZ but I just know finding people to play with is gonna be a chore.

That's why I really really really really hope well-made netcode like Killer Instinct's and Injustice 2's becomes the standard. There really is no reason for it NOT to be.
Tekken 7 is actually my first one and I'm enjoying it a lot. It actually got me to go back and watch/study competitive Tekken from the last decade or so. Really makes me feel quite bad about ignoring it for so long because it's been such a good series (but lmao arcade releases).
Similar situation here, I've always played it casually but starting taking it seriously with T7 and I feel like I've been missing out on a great franchise. Would've killed to get a chance to play Zafina, she's like my dream character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
MrCarter, you have no idea wtf you are talking about. Like why the fuck do you even keep bringing up Harada are you so ignorant of fighting games that you only know the current big things? (and not even very well)

Every post sounds like some damn dude that has zero understanding of the genre and only plays the one thing. Look dude not everyone is going to be slobbering on whatever pile of shit capcom dumps on their plate, little issues in some games can go a long way. People giving criticism don't want to hate capcom shit they want capcom shit to be good.

The fact you and lone dragon always bring up Tekken out of fucking no where like it NTR'd your wife from you is lame as hell and gets old when half the shit you guys complain about makes zero damn sense in the grand scheme of things.

Like you can't even get who the hell Anne would actually be a shill for right yet you are calling them out, come on.

MrCarter

I'm going to be short and sweet, you're not winning whatever argument you think you're in because you're acting like a deranged person.

You can calm down. Don't think there is a argument here to be fair just some lunatic trying to cause toxic havoc by using piss poor annecdotal evidence.

MrCarter, you have no idea wtf you are talking about. Like why the fuck do you even keep bringing up Harada are you so ignorant of fighting games that you only know the current big things?

Every post sounds like some damn dude that has zero understanding of the genre and only plays the one thing. Look dude not everyone is going to be slobbering on whatever pile of shit capcom dumps on their plate, little issues in some games can go a long way. People giving criticism don't want to hate capcom shit they want capcom shit to be good.

The fact you and lone dragon always bring up Tekken out of fucking no where like it NTR'd your wife from you is lame as hell and gets old when half the shit you guys complain about makes zero damn sense in the grand scheme of things.

Here comes the rest of the village people. Did you even read my posts dude? C'mon. You guys are jumping on the defence force for whoever without thinking outside of the box. I've criticised SFV and I'm doing it now with MvCi however I think it's over exaggerated as usual. LD can be insufferable with his Capcom flag however I think most of the time he keeps it real but the shill meme is a thing of nature with him now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Did you miss the "deranged" part? You know what. I'm just going to leave it. It's clear this convo isn't going anywhere.

Well it can't really go anywhere when you think the Lone Dragon keeps it real when a majority of the things he says are about as real as the easter bunny

Seyavesh

mvci still looks like ass in person and still feels like ass too movement wise

idk why but different chars have different framecounts for when they start actually moving on dashes and for some reason the ones with higher/worse values are the chars who already seem bad to begin with

its really fun just to dash around and do shit with 8way airdashers still though. everyone and their mother is gonna pick ultron because of how much more inherently fun he is over like the entire rest of the cast

mvci still looks like ass in person and still feels like ass too movement wise

idk why but different chars have different framecounts for when they start actually moving on dashes and for some reason the ones with higher/worse values are the chars who already seem bad to begin with

its really fun just to dash around and do shit with 8way airdashers still though. everyone and their mother is gonna pick ultron because of how much more inherently fun he is over like the entire rest of the cast
Day 1 tier list will be air dash vs no air dash.

I saw FChamp wave dash with Ultron and it looked like Marvel 3 Haggar.

Seyavesh

Day 1 tier list will be air dash vs no air dash.

I saw FChamp wave dash with Ultron and it looked like Marvel 3 Haggar.

yeah, the airdasher thing is what i've been feeling for awhile as well. anti-airing in the game is really hard across the board too so chars with really good air control and the ability to convert off airthrows seem like they'll end up being super important
as for ultron's wavedash, it's one of the faster ones in the cast so that should set a frame of reference for how fast everyone else's dashes are, haha.
a lot of characters' backdashes also have extremely slow startup on the acceleration frames as well- iron man backwards wavedash is pretty extremely garbage (has to be 8f+ before accel) while chars like dormammu and thor just zoom off into the distance

also one thing i havent seen anyone mentioned is that player 1 might have priority on color selection. or at least, what happened once was that p2 picked the color 2 (gold) on ultron first then p1 picked the same color and it literally took the color away from p2 and gave it to p1

Numb

Jesus
Gootecks without Mike ''I'm The Best'' Ross is as boring as a brick
Especially if the guest doesn't add to the hype

Thank god the Steves are holding it down

MrCarter

lol mccarter is just as dumb or dumber than tld. Havent had a good laugh in a while since deckard cain

Can't be as dumb as you, a person who can't even spell and use punctuation properly. You are probably from r/Kappa.

Given the hardware limitations, TvC looks as good as it can be, and there was no massive pushback against the game's graphics.

That I can agree on. TvC looked really impressive for its time. I remember going round to my mates to first play the game and it blew me away with all the visual effects.

jett

D-Member
Jesus

Excellent Adventures has gone to shit.

What does Mike Ross even do for a living these days

Excellent Adventures has gone to shit.

What does Mike Ross even do for a living these days

He is Mike Ross.

He doesn't go out and find the money... The money finds him.

Also he might be working at Espn or something. There was a hint awhile ago in like the Christmas episodes that he would be working with someone huge in sports. Idk tho my memory is a bit hazy on that.

VariantX

Jesus

Gootecks was always kind of boring without Ross. Mike can be pretty damn entertaining on his own or no matter who hes paired or grouped with.

That SFV E3 stream with high(?) Gootecks and Haunts was magnifico.

Talking about how he doesn't play SFV that much, then proceeds to do a combo that's only possible in Season 2.

And other shit.

Csr

lol, I had MvCI preordered on PC because CD keys had it for $26. Figured that was a good price, then found out the keys are only for Europe and Steam has region lock.

I didn't even know region lock was a thing on Steam. Ah well, at least I got refunded. I'll eventually pick the game up on sale.

They used to show the icon for global region in the CDKeys site, now i see that it shows as European only, did they make a mistake before or do they only have European keys right now? A lot of people bought them thinking there was no restriction.

NEO0MJ

Can't be as dumb as you, a person who can't even spell and use punctuation properly. You are probably from r/Kappa.

Come on MrCarter, don't be like TLD. You're taking criticism of Capcom's games too personally.
People don't like aspects of the game, so what? Don't lose sleep over it.

choosing Street Fighter over Marvel, that's unexpected

Can't go wrong with Necalli.

Guys, give Carter and TLD a break. They're going to have their hands full these coming weeks.

Gotta think outside the box and keep it real

That SFV E3 stream with high(?) Gootecks and Haunts was magnifico.

Talking about how he doesn't play SFV that much, then proceeds to do a combo that's only possible in Season 2.

And other shit.

That was Harrison, not Haunts

Dahbomb

Let me just tell you this.

Every single character that has been in a MVC game from the Capcom side I have played their game except for like the Son Son game. Every single Marvel character in the games, I have seen their movies or cartoon shows.

I am a massive Capcom fanboy, not just talking about Capcom fighting games here. I also really like Marvel characters and have watched pretty much every Marvel movies even the older non MCU ones like Blade, Punisher and F4.

And then I also really like fighting games and follow the competitive aspect of it. On top of that, I also like theory crafting in games and the VS series is a series which allows for some theory crafting to take place unlike other FGs. I like the battle system in the VS game.

If they made a Venn diagram of all the fanbases of both Capcom properties and Marvel properties, fighting game fans, competitive game fans and people specifically liking the systems in VS game... a person like me would be right in the center of that giant Venn diagram cluster fuck.

Like if no one else buys the game, someone like me should still be there day 1 for it.

Yet I have to actually THINK about even buying this game day 1. Of course I never pre-order because plebs pre-order video games but I may not take time out of my daily life to go over to a store to buy this day 1. I should be all over it yet I am not.

There have been way too many missteps with the game. And not just the game itself but the way that Capcom has handled the PR around it and other fighting games. Capcom gives their fans no confidence in their products. Their FG divisions have had a series of blunders in a row, many of them can't be excused. Other fighting games haven't actually stepped up all that much, they are delivering games that are expected of them in the current day and age. Tekken 7 doesn't do anything special that the older games didn't do as well... it just doesn't fail spectacularly in its design (visually and mechanically) and PR. People wouldn't give a fuck about Tekken 7 if Capcom didn't fail so hard as of late. DBZ wouldn't steal MVC's thunder if Capcom had done right by their games in the past.

Honestly if the game play didn't look as fun as it does then I wouldn't even be watching streams of it or following it competitively. But like people have said before... there are other fighting games out there that also have good game play. That doesn't make it special, in fact it makes the way that Capcom has handled it even worse. Capcom has some gold on their hand but they are trying to market and present it like coal.

choosing Street Fighter over Marvel, that's unexpected

Can't go wrong with Necalli

lol, I'm surprised, too.

But it comes down to a few things:
1) Bad decisions made for MvCi.
2) I think the game will bomb hard and I can get it for $30 in a month.
3) I have zero time to fuck around in training mode and figure out my optimal team stuff. This is a great feature of the game, but I think the wiser thing for me to do is to let someone else figure it all out for me.
4) Feeling pissy about Dormammu's input changes.

I'm also excited by a lot of the leaked info coming out about SFV Season 3. There's a lot of potential there.

my local round 1 has had a scene for SF4:AE for a long time, 4 cabs occupied and regulars showing up to play. Last night there was a good 14 players watching and cheering matches.

Its the most confusing thing.

Dahbomb

lol, I'm surprised, too.

But it comes down to a few things:
1) Bad decisions made for MvCi.
2) I think the game will bomb hard and I can get it for $30 in a month.
3) I have zero time to fuck around in training mode and figure out my optimal team stuff. This is a great feature of the game, but I think the wiser thing for me to do is to let someone else figure it all out for me.
4) Feeling pissy about Dormammu's input changes.

I'm also excited by a lot of the leaked info coming out about SFV Season 3. There's a lot of potential there.
3 of those things are personal hang ups to be honest.

Though granted there are way more than 3 bad decisions made for MVCI anyway.

Top Bottom