• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

VariantX

It is. Cheapo announcer though lol. So cheesey...other than that its actually really good to play.

• You get to equip two moves before the match starts to help customize your gameplay. One extra super and one extra special. These are quite varied and really change your gameplay.
  • You can choose between dash or run before the match starts
  • Super jump, double jump, air dash, dodge roll environment so pretty good movement all around outside of the custom run/dash
  • universal mechanic that lets you guard crush folks for a bar. If you block string into it then it does less damage but its got good stun
  • counters...or tactical guards or whatever. Press two buttons to blow folks back mid attack and punish. Combos off of this are heavily scaled of course.
  • CHAOS SHIFT CANCELS! This is the real meat of the game. You can cancel the animation of a super move into neutral or a forward lunge. This is what makes Chaos Code's pressure and countering so intense and fun. Some moves can be shifted, some cant some can even be shifted on whif lol.
  • Exceed Chaos. Costs 3 bars and lets you perform combos you couldnt before like Koihime Enbu or DFCI. The kicker is that during this YOU HAVE INFINITE SUPER METER AND GAIN HEALTH. When its over your super meter is locked till the overheat gauge runs out, but this plus Chaos shifts equates to insane comebacks and moments in this title.

This version also added , in addition to Ray, a new girl character in a Cammy theme complete with thong called "Lupinus". She's a neat character with lots of long range grapples and such. She has a great corner mixup like Chipp Zanuff with her wall cling and her movement overall is great given her walk is so fast it beats some runs and her run is ridiculous.
https://giant.gfycat.com/ClosedAshamedIslandcanary.webm https://fat.gfycat.com/SeverePoliticalFeline.webm

https://fat.gfycat.com/ElaborateDeepIrishredandwhitesetter.webm

That thing Lupinus puts on the ground in the first webm is a Claymore super that pulses on the ground 3 times for setups. Given she has huge AA and some unblockable grab AA command normal stuff with her 3C move this is a devastating tool for her to use to setup folks. In general, given her huge hitboxes, movement, unblockable stuff, frame traps and what all she is hard to punish even if she has weak defense. Once she gets goin it never stops and she's hard as shit to catch or get in on.

Looks fun, and I had absolutely nothing else to do wtih my PSN money so I bought it. Going to boot this up later today and mash some buttons in training mode.

Line_HTX

Long reach and giant hands, huh.

C7SkrFEVsAEs--e.jpg

Tizoc

Kalamari

I'm pretty sure Aris would get banned for showing his pepperonis. Call it a hunch.

Also, I'm finally free from Gafjail, you probably didn't even notice I was gone.

Top Bottom