• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

pizzacat

Banned
These last few posts...
Someone please bet on something...ANYTHING!
I bet marvel infinite will suck even thought everything about it seems cool because capcom don't know what they're doing these days

I'm betting my """"""""""""""""""""""""""neo gaf reputation""""""""""""""""""""

pizzacat

Banned
I think DC is sorta tainted in the casual eye, Id like to see what happens with it.

I sorta have to buy it since it's a fighter and captain cold is in it and my casual friends will enjoy playing with me since I won't really play much of it.

This is why these folks don't get insider information and others do.

I got insider info on Twilight Princess HD before it was announced, and confirmed it was happening for GAF when the thread on the icon for it was found after data mining.

Does this make me an insider too? I'm using your definition, after all.

pizzacat

Banned
I got insider info on Twilight Princess HD before it was announced, and confirmed it was happening for GAF when the thread on the icon for it was found after data mining.

Dude when does skyward sword hd come out

Dahbomb

It doesn't make you an insider but it makes the person who got the info for you an insider.

Not saying Ryce is an insider but his source could be one.

Dahbomb

What if I told you guys...

That Ryce's insider was ....

giphy.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mahvel thread need no news to go on
7K posts over nothing

There are very few good nuggets in the thread tho, like Niitsuma reviewed his processes with MVC3/UMVC3 on the twitter. We had some translations in that thread. At least, we know his thought behind the process why they didn't make in the game or almost did.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There are very few good nuggets in the thread tho, like Niitsuma reviewed his processes with MVC3/UMVC3 on the twitter. We had some translations in that thread. At least, we know his thought behind the process why they didn't make in the game or almost did.

That sounds like something that deserves its own thread and not buried under thousands of speculative posts

Dahbomb

Oh so the cat is out of the bag?

According to Ryce there were playable builds in Germany (and wouldn't be surprise in France too) a few days ago and the embargo for it lifts soon. So more information particularly game play related will be coming out soon.

You can add to this if you want.

shaowebb

According to Ryce there were playable builds in Germany (and wouldn't be surprise in France too) a few days ago and the embargo for it lifts soon. So more information particularly game play related will be coming out soon.

You can add to this if you want.

If we get gameplay news it'd make me happier than any sorta character or story mode fluff pieces they could put out. Right now I need to know what kind of gameplay systems its trying to use to get an idea of whether or not it sounds like something I'd be down for. Lately, Ive been putting fightcade stuff on the GPD Win to take to work . MVC 1 and Xmen Children of the Atom have been a lot of fun to return to. I could see it having a flow closer to MVC1 than most things.

shaowebb

I just want the button layout.

Thats a biggie. 6 attack buttons? 3 attack buttons + launcher button and macros? This is kind of a big deal in knowing what sorta comfort zone you'll get to enjoy in terms of stick layouts or pad setup. Me and Q spent a good bit of time since he's pure pad and I roll with stick in trying to figure out shit that would feel good for BOTH styles of players. It was a big eye opener on design. It can get trickier than you'd believe in finding something that works for everyone if you plan on having macros in a fighting game, or assists, or two button throws or etc etc etc. That shit adds up and can make things pretty shit in trying to get a decent layout for all the players with different equipment preferences or restrictions.

Im thinking that MVCI goes with 3 buttons plus launcher again since they want to keep it casual friendly but all those new things from Ironman make me wonder if they went with command normals or 6 buttons on attack layouts honestly.

Dahbomb

0 chance this game has 6 attack buttons layout.

They are going to make this as casual friendly as possible, even more so than SFV.

Reverse DPs and half circles from Marvel 3? Gone. Would not be surprised if they do something about regular DP motions as well because that's the thing that casuals and pad players struggle with the most.

shaowebb

They are going to make this as casual friendly as possible, even more so than SFV.

Reverse DPs and half circles from Marvel 3? Gone. Would not be surprised if they do something about regular DP motions as well because that's the thing that casuals and pad players struggle with the most.

I just got familiar with playing a dude who has command normals that all cancel into each other creating probably the fastest and easiest one button rekka machine since Noel Vermillion (Seriously Blade Arcus Rick is awesome). I would be down for command normals and a 3 button + launcher layout again in marvel.

Man I was looking at the steam concurrent players for most top name fighting games. And aside from sfv most of them barely have any players playing. I am taking sub 300-250. PC players really don't like FGs huh?

Kumubou

Man I was looking at the steam concurrent players for most top name fighting games. And aside from sfv most of them barely have any players playing. I am taking sub 300-250. PC players really don't like FGs huh?
Why would PC players mess with a genre that's been stuck in the 90s and has consistently failed to provide an online experience that isn't complete trash? PC players have thousands of more modern, more polished experiences to bother with.

At least it's a genre that only requires one other player, so you can just poke people in game-specific Discords to find players.

MrCarter

Apart from SFV and MKX having a good and steady stream of players the rest don't do as well unfortunately.

The day we get Smash inputs for specials is the day I quit.

jbug617

Banned
Hypothetically, which cats are you questioning the whereabouts of?

I found someone from Capcom Europe on twitter. She mentioned that they had events last week in Dubai, Paris and Hamburg. They are doing London this week. She was also with Combofiend (airport pic).

Negaduck

As much as I love 3p3k, if there is any variation my money would go to 2p2k (I'd love this personally).

Could have lp+HK (or Lk + hp) as the tag crash, or even lp+Lk be the tag crash and have the diagonals be gem factor.

Ah who knows. But that is the thing I'm most eager to see. There will be plenty of characters I'll want to use.

Top Bottom