• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm laughing. Capcom will stay Capcom. Nobody has any right to make fun of nrs anymore. Even if you do not like their designs, they at least always up everything else.

Dahbomb

Injustice 2 actually looks significantly better than Marvel Infinite this time around. Can't even go back on the "artstyle" excuse anymore... at least Injustice 2 doesn't look like an Iphone game.

I wouldn't harp on the visuals that much but based on the information given about the game play.. this game is meant to attract in casuals and I don't know if casuals want to spend money on those visuals for a console game. Maybe that stuff flies for phone games but people expect more for $60-$80. I could be wrong.

Same dudes who gave the thumbs up to the numerous decisions in SFV.

Itsuno-sama please save me from this mediocrity already.

2v2
simplified
downgraded

this would be the dark ages again but there's Rev2/Tekken 7 & IJ2 coming out at least..

nah this the dark ages again

Pompadour

I'm pretty sure MvCI, like SFV, is rushed with a budget that matches what Capcom fighting games have been selling this decade. This isn't much of a surprise.

I'm more interested in match footage, though. Hopefully the roster is huge because they're recycling what they can from MvC3.

You jest, but just wait a year when injustice 2 is the most complete game in the fgc

RIP

I don't care how pretty or feature rich Injustice 2 is, it's still going to play like shit.

MvCI may have equally janky animations though.

Tripon

What I don't get is that Arika was able to hack out a Fighter Layer/Street Fighter EX demo in Unreal 4 that looked way better than SFV or even Tekken 7 with little to no investment. Why the fuck can't anybody outside of the Tekken guys make their games look decent?

Dahbomb

Dahbomb be real with me. Is Marvel dead? You can PM me the answer. I just need to know before I even consider investing time into the game for my scene.
Maybe you might have a dream one of these days and you can get enlightened.

Only you can decided for yourself is Marvel is dead or not.

pizzacat

Banned
What I don't get is that Arika was able to hack out a Fighter Layer/Street Fighter EX demo in Unreal 4 that looked way better than SFV or even Tekken 7 with little to no investment. Why the fuck can't anybody outside of the Tekken guys make their games look decent?
Xrd is in ue3 iirc

No one wants to put in the work graphically when people like me who don't really care about graphics exist

That being said if the gameplay sucks lmao send this shit to the moon
It can't be that early for them. The game comes out in less than 5 months
Last time I checked it didn't say what year in September

I'm pretty sure MvCI, like SFV, is rushed with a budget that matches what Capcom fighting games have been selling this decade. This isn't much of a surprise.

SF5 had a big budget. The problem isn't money but how it's done. Also as Dahbomb said wait for gameplay, you might enjoy some details.

CO_Andy

I dig V's clay aesthetic, although the character models range from great (Chun) to barf (Alex).

Pompadour

SF5 had a big budget. The problem isn't money but how it's done. Also as Dahbomb said wait for gameplay, you might enjoy some details.

I thought he was being sarcastic.

And I'm not saying these aren't AA games but something like Injustice 2 is more AAA because NRS games now sell millions of copies where UMvC3, SFxT, and now SFV all waffled around 2 million lifetime. They're clearly downshifting the budgets to better match these sales expectations. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing because I think SFV looks great. Most of that money would be spent on shit like marketing or a bigger, dumber story mode so I doubt it would impact me.

I'm cautiously optimistic about MvCI. I don't care about Marvel characters and the ones I liked are X-Men so that aspect doesn't appeal to me much. I'm more in it for it being a fighting game and certain Capcom characters.

Dahbomb

I think depending on how the stones are utilized, some of the game play changes/additions are going to get overblown when they probably aren't as big of a deal if the stone implementation is on point.

Dahbomb

Since assists are gone, I expect that all of the characters will be toned down in strength. A loss.
I don't think that's what will make the characters toned down.

If anything, with a lack of assists a lot of the characters should be more complete with less weaknesses. There should be more Magneto type characters instead of Ryu/She Hulk type characters that need assists to function well.

What will make the characters toned down (IMO... this is not insider info here) are system changes and changes to mobility. If they do something like lower air actions or change mechanics of air dash then that changes the dynamics of the game dramatically.

Between the removal of assists and the gem system, I think every character will be viable and some characters won't be relegated to "will only work with the right assists" status.

Dahbomb

Between the removal of assists and the gem system, I think every character will be viable and some characters won't be relegated to "will only work with the right assists" status.
Viability is always relative... you KNOW that man.

Sure Ryu will be "viable" but he isn't going to do shit when other characters are flying above him shooting beams at him while he can't point anything diagonally up at them.

Certain characters are going to abuse gems better than others and they are usually the characters with the best tools.

I feel the loss of assists will normalize the characters vs pushing one aspect of archetype to 11. In theory an assist was used to cover up a characters weakness but at the sacrifice of getting a character that might not be a good point character.

Numb

Remember when fighting (and driving) games were a good way to show how good the graphics on a new system could be?
Good times

Viability is always relative... you KNOW that man.

Sure Ryu will be "viable" but he isn't going to do shit when other characters are flying above him shooting beams at him while he can't point anything diagonally up at them.

Certain characters are going to abuse gems better than others and they are usually the characters with the best tools.

Fair enough but I guess that depends on just how extensive the buffs given by gems are. On that note, I'm still pissed that we still have next to no details on how the game actually plays.

Tekken's character model's arent even as good as DOA5's

Stages and effects are much better of course

Top Bottom