• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 23-29

wow, tons of awesome stuff announced for UFGT8 since I last checked:
http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/

chrisG + dieminion panel
spooky panel
pre game stream show -- "A completely unique experience awaits you, viewer! So join us May 24th at 8PM CST to see Alex Valle, NerdJosh, Chauncy “TRU” Talon, Floe, Justin Wong, Juicebox, Alex Jebailey, Ultradavid, and TheBranten throw down in this epic, insane, and spiteful event. The only rule I can announce right now? Trash talk is highly encouraged."

damn keits, damn

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wow, tons of awesome stuff announced for UFGT8 since I last checked:
http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/

chrisG + dieminion panel
spooky panel
pre game stream show -- "A completely unique experience awaits you, viewer! So join us May 24th at 8PM CST to see Alex Valle, NerdJosh, Chauncy “TRU” Talon, Floe, Justin Wong, Juicebox, Alex Jebailey, Ultradavid, and TheBranten throw down in this epic, insane, and spiteful event. The only rule I can announce right now? Trash talk is highly encouraged."

damn keits, damn
How To Lame 101?

Seems odd for a panel.

chrisG + dieminion panel

Speeches will be read extremely slowly, panel will run overtime until the whole crowd leaves, mission accomplished

I was wondering whatever happened to Ed Ma. Seemed like he just disappeared.

Same thing, how could you get top 8 at EVO(3rd overall) and disappear from the FGC? Well this probably explains it, he got a good job making real money. I'm sure this game has been in development for over 2 years at least, so it lines up almost exactly with his exit from the FGC as a regular tournament player.

rCIZZLE

Fanatiq and Rayray planning a 2k (atm) money match at ECT.

I think Fanatiq needs to return to the lab and work out the kinks before risking that much paypuh. Didn't he just lose in an extremely silly match against a fat white guy this past Wednesday? Pull yourself together!

Lulubop

I think Fanatiq needs to return to the lab and work out the kinks before risking that much paypuh. Didn't he just lose in an extremely silly match against a fat white guy this past Wednesday? Pull yourself together!

He's streaming vs Knives right now.

He's been playing a lot of LoL lately.

in addition to all the other stuff announced for UFGT8-- infinity gauntlets, panels with famous FGC people, VF5FS exhibition, pregame show with top players, etc.-- someone said the best is yet to be announced and keits said "something big" that has "never been done before."

this was just in a random chicago fgc thread so don't shoot the man for violating "announcement of an announcement"

No No No this is all apart of the plan!!!

See history has shown us

Fanatiq lose 30k MM to Toan.
Fanatiq wins 50k MM from Toan.

Fanatiq scheming yo!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fanatiq is more consistent than RayRay. On the base of that alone, he will win. I do think that RayRay is more interesting to watch and has dirtier mix ups though, so I want him to win.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/30/seg...r-5-final-showdown-to-evo-15000-up-for-grabs/

Sega providing up to 15k for VF5 at EVO. VF5 isn't even a official game at EVO. But with this much money on the line(and coming straight from Sega), you figure the least EVO could do is stream top 8 or so and help advertise the game in appreciation of what Sega is doing for the community.

I guess that Razer sponsorship is sounding much much better for Itabashi and Fuudo now. There is even more money to win in VF5 than SF4 unless Capcom steps in and shares some of that 500k that we heard about a while ago.

Oh and Beef, quit being a lazy ass and go. Your city is trying to throw there first major and it's also suppose to be a charity event. As a resident of the city, I think you owe it to them to support it. It's not like a 5 hour plane right or drive like others have to do to get to majors. This is probably a 10-20 minute drive for you, right? So man up and get yourself out there please. And besides, this is for the kids? Or is it the elderly? The poor, starving kids in Africa, people with medical conditions? Whoever they are I'm sure they're in need of help. Hope that was encouraging enough.

$100 KOF13 MM!
But I'm only part-mexican!
Oh and Beef, quit being a lazy ass and go. Your city is trying to throw there first major and it's also suppose to be a charity event. As a resident of the city, I think you owe it to them to support it. It's not like a 5 hour plane right or drive like others have to do to get to majors. This is probably a 10-20 minute drive for you, right? So man up and get yourself out there please. And besides, this is for the kids? Or is it the elderly? The poor, starving kids in Africa, people with medical conditions? Whoever they are I'm sure they're in need of help. Hope that was encouraging enough.

10 minute drive.
KuGsj.gif

And the charity is for Child's Play, although I'm not much of a charity man myself (I'm not even an organ donor). But it's either go to the tournament and play SSFIV, or go to SF this Saturday to visit my granny and learn how to make tortillas.

...Ok I'll go to the tournament.

Top Bottom