• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

If Capcom is in so much financial trouble they need moneyhats to create a new entry in one of their greatest and most successful franchises, than Riposte has some explaining to do for his company

The fact that there are about five Capcom franchises you could be talking about says it all really.

fader

『Inaba Resident』;141754699 said:
Please, no KI model.
And this is probably why Ono urged press to come to Capcom Cup.
Playable SF V

I know it's not as convenient as a full game but i don't think Capcom is in the best positions right now in terms of cash...

The fact that there are about five Capcom franchises you could be talking about says it all really.

and plus the fact that theysaid that game that sell under 2 mill are not worth investing in a sequel

WarRock

Seriously, it's so ugly.
Reaching NRS levels here.

Kind of underwhelmed that it isn't as big a jump as any of the previous SF series in terms of visual tone. 2 -> Alpha -> 3 -> 4 where all huge jumps in style, but so far this looks like 4 with cleaner graphics and air combos.

But whatever, if this is what it takes for Capcom to make new fighting games then that's just the way it is.

Are we seeing the same models? The anatomy and faces are way closer to SF2 and 3. Even the hadouken looks more like its old sprite, a sphere with a tail and ring/spiral, than the the blue/purple farts from SFIV.

http://i.minus.com/iEQ588Xx05AUs.jpeg
http://i.minus.com/ibnu0777Zlh9o1.jpeg

Logo and teaser are both GREAT. Gimme details about the mechanics at PSX pls.

• Of course I think its good that Ryu and Chun-Li made it in but I'm a bit disappointed that they are stuck with their classic looks. I loved for example Bogard's transition from KOF/FF to Mark of the Wolves and I'd love to see some of the SF stalwarts move in that same direction as well. If they just port over SF4's cast and designs over to SFV I'd be disappointed. System mechanics will of course make it a new game but I wish the character design would reflect that as well.

This I agree with. It's time to move on, and a new gen is perfect for it.

mbpm1

Juri and C. Viper are among their most popular characters, so they'd have to be ArcSys levels of dumb.

They are? Guess that's an out-of-game thing.

I'm surprised I'm saying this but I'm interested to see if they do anything with Decapre

alstein

It just hurts more knowing after using deejay for 4 years.. he'll never get a chance to be good.

Feel like I'm getting forced to get a PS4 smh

You can use your PC. It's not just PS4. PC version will have to be better now due to all the folks who don't want a PS4 being on PC.

Shito

Well, this was 100% a leak. Wonder if they will officially announce it this weekend or at Capcom Cup, probably this weekend
I've had someone tell me about it two weeks ago, and it was to be revealed this weekend. Makes sense because of the PS4 exclusivity.
I'm sure we'll get a little bit more at Capcom Cup, though (but I doubt it'll be a playable version).

Yeah honestly, outside of the stages, I absolutely hate the direction they went with the look of the actual characters. Regardless, this is beyond huge news. There's no way you could have told me with a straight face that SF5 was going to be exclusive to a single console, no way in hell should Capcom be in a financial situation that would make them have to rely on Sony to kickstart its development ... but here it is.

Horseress

I'll wait for more footage to judge the graphics

I've had someone tell me about it two weeks ago, and it was to be revealed this weekend. Makes sense because of the PS4 exclusivity.
I'm sure we'll get a little bit more at Capcom Cup, though (but I doubt it'll be a playable version).

I think they'll only show more game footage, which is good enough for me

You can use your PC. It's not just PS4. PC version will have to be better now due to all the folks who don't want a PS4 being on PC.

jake.gif

No Rufus thanks.

Rufus is fine apart from anything=>Space Opera Symphony. That's just too dull.

If characters should be dropped, Fuerte, Seth and maybe Viper should top the list.
Of the SF4 newcomers, Rufus and Juri are the characters I want to see come back most.

Yeah honestly, outside of the stages, I absolutely hate the direction they went with the look of the actual characters. Regardless, this is beyond huge news. There's no way you could have told me with a straight face that SF5 was going to be exclusive to a single console, no way in hell should Capcom be in a financial situation that would make them have to rely on Sony to kickstart its development ... but here it is.

It's completely unsurprising, IMO. IIRC they're in bad financial shape so moneyhats help nicely.

Shito

I think they'll only show more game footage, which is good enough for me
Yep, that's what I think as well.

I also wait to see more of the game before judging the graphics. For the moment, it's kinda like SF4's reveal, with ugly models and all. In the end, I adapted to SF4's weird "style", and kinda like a lot of characters, except for the first ones that were made and teased, Ryu and Ken. I suspect we'll deal with the same problem here, with the devs adapting to their engine and style as they are building characters, so hopefully the next ones will be a bit better looking.
The stage presented looks awesome, though.

Sheroking

Mortal locks: Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Akuma.
Pretty certain: Guile, Sagat, Zangief, Cammy, Blanka, Balrog, Honda, Vega, Dhalsim.
Fair chance: T Hawk and Dee Jay.

From there I think they could pretty much go any direction with the Alpha, 3S and 4 characters. I hope we get to see some returners like Charlie, Q, Karin, etc in place of like Adon and Gen.

Then there should probably be like 5 new characters. 25-30 characters sound fair for a vanilla version?

mbpm1

Pretty certain: Guile, Sagat, Zangief, Cammy, Blanka, Balrog, Honda, Dhalsim.
Good chance: The rest of ST.

From there I think they could pretty much go any direction with the Alpha, 3S and 4 characters. I hope we get to see some returners like Charlie, Q, Karin, etc in place of like Adon and Gen.

Then there should probably be like 5 new characters.

I wouldn't be too sure. We don't know how large they want the roster to be yet.

WarRock

Pretty certain: Guile, Sagat, Zangief, Cammy, Blanka, Balrog, Honda, Vega, Dhalsim.
Fair chance: T Hawk and Dee Jay.

Then there should probably be like 5 new characters. 25-30 characters sound fair for a vanilla version?
T. Hawk before Sakura or Juri?

Sheroking

T. Hawk before Sakura or Juri?

Nah, Sakura is probably a safe bet. I just think they're married to Super Turbo in a way they aren't any other version of the game.

Don't see why Juri is a good bet. Seems to me the only SF4 original they seemed to groove on was Viper.

Top Bottom