• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Anne

Madcatz uses Sanwa, as did the HRAPs pre-current gen. I actually don't like the Kuros either, I can rock either Sanwa or Seimetsu no problem but the Kuros feel weird in how they push back. Plus I hit buttons to break them, and the Kuros get stuck sometimes >_>

fader

yea i think ill stick with sanwa. I light tap when I hit buttons and sanwa's are perfectly sensitive for me.

In celebration of nothing I want to beat up on Mes. Where art thou?

right here! let's do this!

YKSClYO.gif

Onemic

Madcatz uses Sanwa, as did the HRAPs pre-current gen. I actually don't like the Kuros either, I can rock either Sanwa or Seimetsu no problem but the Kuros feel weird in how they push back. Plus I hit buttons to break them, and the Kuros get stuck sometimes >_>

After extended use my opinion on the Kuros have changed. I definitely like Sanwas better. BUT the Kuro's arent bad enough to me that the difference is noticeable to the point where I feel like it's affecting my play. When I'm not too lazy I'll probably switch my Sanwas on my hrap3 to the hrap4.

And on another note I gotta change up this avy. Def not playing Zato in Xrd.

Rhapsody

Banned
I want to try out Kuros, only because I have Silent Sanwa buttons, so I'm curious on the difference.

Those took some time getting used to though.

fader

i would stay with silent sanwa. from what i am gathering from plenty of reviews, they often squeak loudly, something that even Regular sanwa's don't do, and they stick a lot.

Kumubou

I don't even know why Hori thought shipping the Kuros with sticking issues like that was even acceptable. It gives me flashbacks to playing Beatmania on old Konami controllers and nearly wanting to throw the damn thing through a wall due to dropped inputs.

Onemic

i would stay with silent sanwa. from what i am gathering from plenty of reviews, they often squeak loudly, something that even Regular sanwa's don't do, and they stick a lot.

My FE with Kuros was actually perfect. They had no sticking issues which is why I questioned why people thought they sucked and I still maintain that I liked those more than my Sanwas. The kuros in my hrap 4 tho....The lk button sticks very slightly, almost like theres a really small piece of plastic wedged in between the space of the button.

They don't squeak though.(on either stick) They're actually more silent than Sanwa's. The regular ones of course.

fader

My FE with Kuros was actually perfect. They had no sticking issues which is why I questioned why people thought they sucked and I still maintain that I liked those more than my Sanwas. The kuros in my hrap 4 tho....The lk button sticks very slightly, almost like theres a really small piece of plastic wedged in between the space of the button.

They don't squeak though.(on either stick) They're actually more silent than Sanwa's. The regular ones of course.

they are probably just isolated incidents but I kept reading and watching review of the kuro buttons squeaking very loudly.

.la1n

I don't even know why Hori thought shipping the Kuros with sticking issues like that was even acceptable. It gives me flashbacks to playing Beatmania on old Konami controllers and nearly wanting to throw the damn thing through a wall due to dropped inputs.

I remember being one of two people that preordered the American release of IIDX, got home all excited only to realize Konami's keyboard was shit.

I remember being one of two people that preordered the American release of IIDX, got home all excited only to realize Konami's keyboard was shit.

The controller that came with the US game was still an improvement over the regular Japanese one though... Man one day i'll get an ASC or dj Dao...

Dahbomb

Got home from work, checked out PS Experience thread to see attention whore leaker get banned.

Today is already a great day!

Mr. X

AC is the best iteration of XX
YRC is whacked, its too much reward for so little risk/cost. Yrc/prc should both be 50%, on hit/block/projectiles 25%. It silly to make a distinction between making a move safe before or after active frames when both are whiffs.
Daisuke isn't infallible, Xrd is as boring as #R.

Dahbomb

what was he doing in that thread?
Teasing without any substantial information.

"OMG GUYZ THERE ARE TOTALLY GONNA BE MEGATONZ AT DA SONY EVENT!"

SFV exclusive would be pretty big though. At least Capcom finally has something to show there.

Kumubou

The controller that came with the US game was still an improvement over the regular Japanese one though... Man one day i'll get an ASC or dj Dao...
It really was a better design, and the funny thing is they were a couple of minor modifications (in regards to the key width and plunger mechanism) from it being legitimately decent for its price (I have a modded KAC that's over a decade old that can still put in work). Then it turns out that the PCBs on the boards were complete garbage and didn't work on anything other than a PS2 (and you would even run into problems on PS2s). Nowadays though, if you're buying new there's no reason to buy anything other than a Dao; KASCs are pretty much completely redundant.

Rhapsody

Banned
AC is the best iteration of XX
YRC is whacked, its too much reward for so little risk/cost. Yrc/prc should both be 50%, on hit/block/projectiles 25%. It silly to make a distinction between making a move safe before or after active frames when both are whiffs.
Daisuke isn't infallible, Xrd is as boring as #R.

I'd rather have YRC have no time slow than that. RCs on hit/block being 25 percent would make it a silly game for me.

fader

Teasing without any substantial information.

"OMG GUYZ THERE ARE TOTALLY GONNA BE MEGATONZ AT DA SONY EVENT!"

SFV exclusive would be pretty big though. At least Capcom finally has something to show there.

say nothing of substance for attention ya bish
have mods look at you and get detention ya bish

lol this thread is hilarious! I wish i didn't stop following it. It's just everyone making wild prediction and over-hyping themselves. good god.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Please, I play Vita UMVC3 on PSN through my mobile hotspot. Get on my level been.
I'm trying to send a message to someone else on PSN via a wired connection on the only active Internet device in my house at a given time on Internet that is >10MBPS.

And it cannot connect. And when I do get a message, it sends me the notification 5 minutes late.

Whatever level that is needs to be standard.

JeTmAn81

I'm trying to send a message to someone else on PSN via a wired connection on the only active Internet device in my house at a given time on Internet that is >10MBPS.

And it cannot connect. And when I do get a message, it sends me the notification 5 minutes late.

Whatever level that is needs to be standard.

I've had issues with sending messages before, could be the service is having trouble.

ggs Sol, any criticisms you like to give me to help me get better? My bad for jumping off the boxing arena stage, I had to pick up the phone.

If you guys value being competitive in fighting games at all, don't play Dragon Age. I'm probably gonna starve myself to death or lose my mind from sleep deprivation.

Top Bottom