• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

JeTmAn81

So what could be better about USFIV on PS4? Obviously higher resolution. Framerate should still be solid. I wouldn't think there would be improved detail on character models or anything. I've heard there's some slowdown on certain stages, I'd expect that to be eliminated. It comes with all the DLC costumes. That's ok. I'm not sure there will be anything to compel a purchase from somebody who doesn't already own it.

So what could be better about USFIV on PS4? Obviously higher resolution. Framerate should still be solid. I wouldn't think there would be improved detail on character models or anything. I've heard there's some slowdown on certain stages, I'd expect that to be eliminated. It comes with all the DLC costumes. That's ok. I'm not sure there will be anything to compel a purchase from somebody who doesn't already own it.

Either way sounds like it would be miles better than the PS3 experience. So if it is, I expect a good flood of players to migrate there if they own it, and its not $60.

Hopefully better netcode than the PS3 version,but that could be a PSN network issue..

I hope it will connect with ps3 players. If not, I might hold off as the player base would be small.

This would just make me get a ps4 faster as I was going to get one anyways. And if they fix the stage slowdown. And just overall faster loading everywhere. And fix the online problems.

Dahbomb

*USF4 unveiled for PS4

ono.jpg

Dude swore up and down that there won't be a USF4 for PS4. The gif has now been vindicated.

Riposte

And people think I would get sued for calling out blatant as fuck money hats.

You are wrong about the "money hats" and posters in that thread are right to call you on it. The truth is most people are stupid and have bad taste. Intelligent people believe this, even if they say otherwise, because this is what it means to be intelligent. Being smart means the rejection of and distaste for bad ideas. Of course, stupid people believe this too and smart people feel this way about each other and so on. It's all a mess, naturally, but you have to find where you stand and then care less about what the stupid (or at least the exceedingly stupid) think. You need to understand this and then get over it or else you'll become resentful towards those who can only disappoint you (videogame journalism).

Smart, tasteful criticism is something you must find (or create yourself), it will generally not be given to you. This becomes more true the more "niche" that subject is (like within videogames, for fighting games, relatively few people are interested enough to really understand them and those that are don't necessarily have the chops to be good critics). To sit here and ask for the better game to win at an award ceremony, the whole purpose of which is to put criticism in the backseat for spectacle and flattery and what criticism it has is aggregated from the same ol' incompetents, is to have ridiculously high expectations. I feel as if you are caught between believing you know better than the know-nothing reviewer and yet craving their approval.

The Light

I guess its a good upgrade for the dedicated that have a ps3. Well if only the issues on ps3 are fixed.

Dahbomb

Can we get a collection of tweets where Ono stated there won't be a USF4 version for PS4?

This shit needs to be immortalized forever.

I found one in one second of searching on google:

I'd like to try to Next-Gen for FG... However we dont have resorce... XO RT @mcmmaster Next-gen port for USF4 would be sweet Ono :D

No resources hunh Ono? YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY! I guess the "resources" magically dropped on your lap once SFV was money hatted by Sony.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No resources hunh Ono? YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY! I guess the "resources" magically dropped on your lap once SFV was money hatted by Sony.
They pretty much straight up said first parties are porting it, so I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ono:
- "Need combined strength of Playstation and Street Fighter" to match vision
- Cross-platform PC and PS4 play
- Co-developing with Sony
- Only console this game ever appears on
- Playable Demo at Capcom Cup with new details

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some prettier particle effects, almost like the SFxTK artwork

Destructible environments :O

Seems very street-fighter esque instead of Marvelly.

Skab

I saw a guard break, and what looked like an otg from chun. Looked faster than 4, too.

Also totally called that being a denjin hadouken.

Top Bottom