• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

Dahbomb

Flocker has destroyed 2-3 of the gods before. His teams do very well in the meta. I just don't know where he has been these days, surprised to not see him at WB.

Flocker has destroyed 2-3 of the gods before. His teams do very well in the meta. I just don't know where he has been these days, surprised to not see him at WB.

That's only the real reason I didn't put him in. He hasn't been around in the spotlight lately. I'm sure he's still playing, but who knows. I would've thought he'd have been at Winter Brawl. Was he at NEC?

Shouta

GGs Q. Though technically we didn't get many matches in lol.

I think I need to work on the stream settings so the in game matches don't look like blocky messes.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky is doing the recap of WB7 and will also reveal Curleh Battle Royal tonight at 9.

Also Markman is taking suggestions for a team exhibition for the Mad Catz event. Someone suggested EG vs MCZ.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

h3ro

So I'm watching the SFxT Top 8 archives which the first extended time I've spent watching v2013 in action. The game is actually fun to watch!

Loving these long combo strings with multiple tags. Hwoarang <3

Might have to throw the disc back in and give this some burn.

Too bad Dick Win is not in there I feel like he's miles ahead of Fanatiq and Knives right now and he barley plays.... Someone give him motivation to play.

Plus he plays Zero (makes me happy), and Dante (makes everyone else happy).

What can go wrong?

#InBeforeBeef

Too bad Dick Win is not in there I feel like he's miles ahead of Fanatiq and Knives right now and he barley plays.... Someone give him motivation to play.

Plus he plays Zero (makes me happy), and Dante (makes everyone else happy).

What can go wrong?

#InBeforeBeef

But Zero is so ResidentSleeper

When is the LI Joe tonight?

I wanna hear the announcements

Will probably start at 9 pm EST

USD

For WGC this weekend, there are five players from Japan going to the tournament for SoulCalibur V: Itabashi Zangief, Kamichang, Shining Decopon, Sawazuma and Hameko.

Just to let you guys know, Valle's new show Rushdown Live is on http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive right now.

It's Valle Time
tumblr_miqd43rDhT1rq56feo1_500.gif

sleepykyo

So for the same of argument and discussion let's entertain this hyperbolic situation....

Say there's a 5v5 Gods vs Mortals exhibition and Gods include the 5 Gods of Marvel (ChrisG, FChamp, PRRog, Yipes, Justin)... who should be on the mortals team? It could be any player in the universe.

My 5 picks would be MarlinPie, Flocker, ShadyK, Fanatiq and probably Zak Bennet. Although this team would still get trounced. Combofiend can't be picked because he's Capcom now.

No man Honzo is the face of Norcal Marvel.

Dislike the concept. Pitting the five best players to beat on scrubs is fairly pointless.

For WGC this weekend, there are five players from Japan going to the tournament for SoulCalibur V: Itabashi Zangief, Fuudo, Shining Decopon, Sawazuma and Hameko.

Interest rising.

Dahbomb

Dislike the concept. Pitting the five best players to beat on scrubs is fairly pointless.
They aren't playing against scrubs and this would be an opportunity for mortals to become gods. Players like ChrisG, FChamp and PRRog were not gods of Marvel starting out, they became gods by beating them.

Whatever the case it would be way better than the USA vs Canada or USA vs the World exhibitions. I mean just one of those gods OCVs the rest of the world and Canada...

So for the same of argument and discussion let's entertain this hyperbolic situation....

Say there's a 5v5 Gods vs Mortals exhibition and Gods include the 5 Gods of Marvel (ChrisG, FChamp, PRRog, Yipes, Justin)... who should be on the mortals team? It could be any player in the universe.

My 5 picks would be MarlinPie, Flocker, ShadyK, Fanatiq and probably Zak Bennet. Although this team would still get trounced. Combofiend can't be picked because he's Capcom now.

No man Honzo is the face of Norcal Marvel.

I think that's a pretty good team, though you could probably take out Flocker, replace him with... someone else. I really have no clue who though. Abegen maybe? I only think of that because you have Zak Bennett there.

And yes, you need Honzo for the trolls. I wouldn't accept any other NorCal team without Honzo Gonzo at this point.
Why don't you want NorCal to win? ;-;

phaonaut

WB recap on spookys stream. Larry currently talking with yipes about curleh.

This event will kick off final round on friday.

16 Teams, 5 on 5 pokemon style, double elimination.

Team Latin America
Neo Karsh
Kane Blue River
Taekua
Frutsy
Yahiko

Team Norcal
Champ
CJ
Neo
PR Balrog
Shady

Team Socal
Justin
+his picks

Team NYC
Yipes
Moons
RayRay
Noel
Chris G

Team Georgia (FR)
TooMuchDamage
Roach King
Darius
Some Brown Kid
Sam

Team Mid Atlantic (Maryland)
Unknown
Dj Houshen
Meep
PZ Poy
RyRy

Team Midwest
Footwork
OMG Andre
Frankie
?
?

jbug617

Banned
Curleh Mustache Battle Royal

5v5v5v5

Regions against Regions.

Latin America vs Nor Cal (Champ, CJ, Neo, PR Rog, Shady K?) vs Justin team vs East Coast (Yipes, Chris G, Ray Ray, Moons, Noel)

More teams to be confirmed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Team Latin America
Neo Karsh
Kane Blue River
Taekua
??

Team Norcal
Champ
CJ
Neo
PR Balrog
Shady

Justin is setting up team socal

Team NYC
Yipes
Moons
RayRay
Noel
Chris G
Frutsy is one of the other guys on Latin America.

Dahbomb

Holy Crap best fucking CM ever!!!

My hype is through the roof right now. The pop offs will be legendary!

CJshowstoppa on team Norcal, they got this in the bag.

jbug617

Banned
Happening the Friday before Final Round.

Teams also confirmed. 16 teams
Team Atlanta, Team Mid-Atlantic (MD/VA), Team Midwest,

Infinite

This event will kick off final round on friday.

5 on 5 pokemon style, double elimination.

Team Latin America
Neo Karsh
Kane Blue River
Taekua
Frutsy

Team Norcal
Champ
CJ
Neo
PR Balrog
Shady

Team Socal
Justin
+his picks

Team NYC
Yipes
Moons
RayRay
Noel
Chris G

Team Georgia
TooMuchDamage
Roach King
Darius
Some Brown Kid
?

Think Sam is the last person for Georgia. Don't sleep on team georgia guys

Dahbomb

I want team Maryland, Long Island, Florida, Texas, Japan, UK/Europe and Canada up in this bitch.

This is officially Marvel's Canada Cup. Represent your fucking region!

Infinite

Team GAF would be awesome if they can make it. In 645 I trust.

Lame but expected. EC really wants the win, their team is stacked as fuck.

Team Long Island would probably look like Moons, Marv, LI JOE, Predator and I'm forgetting someone. Team NY would still be gdlk lol

Top Bottom