• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | January 7-13 | All Eyez on Mr. Wizard

I don't know if you guys watched all of the Cooperation Cup, but what a fantastic grand finals set that was, great tournament overall. The team that won really deserved it, after all the work they put in. I felt for Rikimaru though, seeing his head down on the cabinet for that long really got to me...

Every time I tried to watch I had to give my seat up.

BadWolf

They didn't mug them yesterday.

Yesterday was the KCECup 5, the two top teams would get seeding points in the tournament tonight. 6 teams of two were already determined via other tournaments so two more teams had to compete in the preliminary tournament to get into top 8. There were 3 Korean teams and only one made it into the top 8, MADKof and the CafeID manager. Their team was out without winning a single match in the top 8.

MADKof got owned by an Athena.

Busaiku

Video X Games is sponsoring everybody, what the heck.
That government paypuh.
They didn't mug them yesterday.

Yesterday was the KCECup 5, the two top teams would get seeding points in the tournament tonight. 6 teams of two were already determined via other tournaments so two more teams had to compete in the preliminary tournament to get into top 8. There were 3 Korean teams and only one made it into the top 8, MADKof and the CafeID manager. Their team was out without winning a single match in the top 8.

MADKof got owned by an Athena.
Maybe it's like that Evo sandbagging, where they got swept by Bala in teams, but then destroyed everyone in singles.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So Team MRN is about to qualify for some big LoL tournament.

That means, the first impression a lot of people are gonna get of the FGC is gonna be through Marn.

destroy the other teams nexus. its tower defense mixed in with pvp

Oh I see. I was watching a little bit yesterday and the match just seem to drag on forever since the heroes just keep re spawning and shit. Then at the top they had a counter for kills, gold, and turrets taken out. I guess none of that matter (in a sense that you can be down in all 3 phase and still win) it just who gets the nexus.

Oh I see. I was watching a little bit yesterday and the match just seem to drag on forever since the heroes just keep re spawning and shit. Then at the top they had a counter for kills, gold, and turrets taken out. I guess none of that matter (in a sense that you can be down in all 3 phase and still win) it just who gets the nexus.

Well it matters since players gain exp for kills, so if one side is dying a lot the game's gonna be over soon.

Well it matters since players gain exp for kills, so if one side is dying a lot the game's gonna be over soon.

Yea I know, but there still hope. You can be down in gold, kills, and turrets but do some random ass all in push and catch the other team napping or just off guard. I know it's highly unlikely, but at least it's possible.

In let say basketball you down by 20 points there isn't an "all-in" move. You're pretty much fucked.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I watched some LoL before, it was actually pretty interesting and entertaining compared to SC2 and most other e-sports titles.

Some pretty hype 2002 UM going on right now. I am impressed with 19K viewers. Do Nico streams routinely do those kind of numbers?

Great to see some stream monsters on there as well.

After Ramon beat May Lee.

"And Mexico Beats Korea"

OceanBlue

Some pretty hype 2002 UM going on right now. I am impressed with 19K viewers. Do Nico streams routinely do those kind of numbers?

Great to see some stream monsters on there as well.

After Ramon beat May Lee.

"And Mexico Beats Korea"

I think those are total views, not concurrent views. Watching this makes me miss KOF13, but I'm way too bad for that game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's it for the day? No salty suites or anything? Wonder what Bum and the crew are going to say now that Chris G looked pretty dominate again somebody who dominated them.

Sanford: "I told yall, yall (bad word) suck!!!"

That's it for the day? No salty suites or anything? Wonder what Bum and the crew are going to say now that Chris G looked pretty dominate again somebody who dominated them.

Sanford: "I told yall, yall (bad word) suck!!!"

More of the "Chris G is only good because of his team. If he picked Ryu he wouldn't have won"

Then some "Yipes would have won if he didn't stay with Wesker"

Some stats for Apex Marvel grand finals:

- All 5 games came down to Phoenix vs a full ChrisG team
- The 2 games that Phoenix turned dark, FChamp made a reverse OCV
- The 3 games that ChrisG won, he made a Morrigan OCV and Phoenix did not turn dark
- ChrisG never tagged or DHC'd Morrigan out for the entire set

Dahbomb

- The 3 games that ChrisG won, he made a Morrigan OCV and Phoenix did not turn dark
Vergil basically never got to play that grand finals sets.

Neither FChamp's Dorm or Doom for that matter. Phoenix's combo breaker mechanic allowed her to actually play otherwise it would've been a 3-0 Morrigan destruction.

It was a completely lop sided match, FChamp couldn't really get a clean hit on Morrigan without Dark Phoenix.

I am not kidding when I say that I've barely seen any Mahvel since EVO 2012. This was one of my biggest pet peeves about Chris G's Morrigan play. He constantly tried to aerial exchange into Doom and it really messed with his momentum against smart players. It was so good watching him play again without any unnecessary exchanges.

Top Bottom