• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 25 - July 1

theowne

30k is understandable for an official Steam release, but I guess I have a hard time seeing this game as a Steam release. It has no single player, no netplay, the mechanics are simple, the art is basic, as others said it is closer to free flash games than to indie Steam titles. Yes, I know AI and netplay are on the kickstarter... but only if they make 60k.... Going through all these hoops to release Divekick as a legit Steam title seems like overkill.

Good luck to Keits though, maybe there will be a lot of people who take the game seriously enough, but I sort of doubt it will hit 30k.

It's not like they're just gonna release the current build once it hits $30k. Every single aspect of the game can be expanded on. The UFGT build was a very solid kernel of an idea, felt like a really solid demo.

theowne

It's not like they're just gonna release the current build once it hits $30k. Every single aspect of the game can be expanded on. The UFGT build was a very solid kernel of an idea, felt like a really solid demo.

Actually he makes it pretty clear that the 30k goal is mostly for licensing and QA fees which are required to release on Steam. "..it is going to cost a good 30k to get this baby out the door....We'll squeeze in as many new features as the time and money allow, but this goal is really just to get us started in self publishing."

Any substantial changes (netplay, more characters, etc) is listed under goals for 40k, 50k or 60k.

Musan

I actually think more kickstarters will start skimping on extraneous rewards. They represent a huge logistical and monetary undertaking if it is not properly taken care of. Most of the rewards seem focused on the game itself, which I appreciate.

Tizoc

Nuki has to cancel his trip to EVO due to the passing of his grandmother.

Oh man my condolences to Nuki.

they are literally locked in the back of the book. You have to send Capcom $8.95 and they send you the physical key to unlock it.

The science of this must be of cosmic proportions.

Came across these recently:

7c6bi.png

Foz2H.png

r2VFJ.png

Magic The Gathering card generator: http://magic.falseblue.com/

I love Magic the Gathering card generators, there needs to be more of these for FGs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay FGTV was confusing. Other dude was using Yipes team I think, and Yipes is running the Nova team.

That can be the only explanation for dude getting bopped so hard. I've been trying to read the player cams forever trying to read who is who and it seems like that :lol

BTW who is the other guy?

Alright, so snarky response earlier aside, here is how I would have done the Kickstarter. Base level $5 contribution gets you the current build of Divekick. There would be a disclaimer on the build saying "This is an early, basic build of the game that may not work on your machine and there will be little/no tech support for this build. The money from purchases of this build will go towards continued development of Divekick." Then maybe at $10 or $15 you would get a Steam key for the new version when it comes out. Then you could have all your silly big prizes above that.

God damnit...Guess I'll be 24/7 stream monstering FGTV all week until evo when I'm not busy or going out.

Yipes, Marlinpie, and THE JAPANESE PLAYERS? Gonna get no fucking sleep at all this week.

And Yipes Nova looks really sharp...that instant overhead is too good.

Infinite

God damnit...Guess I'll be 24/7 stream monstering FGTV all week until evo when I'm not busy or going out.

Yipes, Marlinpie, and THE JAPANESE PLAYERS? Gonna get no fucking sleep at all this week.

Getting my "EMP_Phil_Fish" troll account ready.

Lulubop

Fanatiq is suppose to be there today too.

The only the only person I would ever consider donating money to in the FGC is Spooky, because he works his ass off all the time and barely ever actually asks for money except for the very occasional donation drive. If you want to make a cool product and sell it to me, and let me support the FGC that way I am all for it. I have 2 Brokentier shirts because I think Koogy makes an awesome product (also a cut of the TS shirt I bought went to Spooky so that is a win-win in my book.)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I usually don't care about twitter but Raffle monster is too funny not to follow. And I was never a fan of donating to random everyday streams. In fact, I've been vocal about being disgusted with it. Haunts also made it clear he doesn't care to do any of that crap either.

From the AMA Cannon seems to think the California raffles are illegal. They'd never be prosecuted...but still.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/vxdkc/ima_evo_founder_ask_away/c58i5gt?context=3

inkblotSRK said:
I don't think it's a great look for a top player to win a bunch of sticks then flip them on the internet for $10 raffle tickets. When it happens practically every day, I also think it cheapens the products.

By the way, it's also illegal, at least in CA where FGTV, Fanatiq, JWo, etc operate.

Horseress

inkblotSRK said:
I don't think it's a great look for a top player to win a bunch of sticks then flip them on the internet for $10 raffle tickets. When it happens practically every day, I also think it cheapens the products.

By the way, it's also illegal, at least in CA where FGTV, Fanatiq, JWo, etc operate.

Lol, he talks about them like drug dealers

I think the only time Spooky ever outright asked for donations was when his stuff got confiscated by DHS. Didn't he get around $1600 in a day after that?

Infinite

I think the only time Spooky ever outright asked for donations was when his stuff got confiscated by DHS. Didn't he get around $1600 in a day after that?
It's different when sp00ky asks for donations to help provide an actual service to the community then where top players (some of whom who are sponsored) raffle off shit they don't want.

Top Bottom