• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 25 - July 1

Ok. So in a few days when a dude who is twice the size of F champ fucks his shit up noel style gets on destructoid what will your response be?

That they couldn't resolve the game-related trash talk in game? People have been trash-talking/popping off in the FGC in person for years. People know the shit isn't personal.

Ok. So in a few days when a dude who is twice the size of F champ fucks his shit up noel style gets on destructoid what will your response be?

he had it coming? D:

except i expect to see fchamp to get hit by a car driven by yipes.

AND IT TURNS OUT YIPES WAS WORKING WITH GOOTECKS THE WHOLE TIME

Has anyone bothered to see what DiosX actually thinks of all this shit?

That they couldn't resolve the game-related trash talk in game? People know the shit isn't personal.

I dunno. Shit was pretty personal. The talk wasn't game-related. Champ straight up said he hated how he looked, and tried to, with a straight face, legitimately compare his head to a Pelican's as a defense for his statements. Which is ridiculous as hell, yes - but definitely personal.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That they couldn't resolve the game-related trash talk in game? People have been trash-talking/popping off in the FGC in person for years. People know the shit isn't personal.

Really? Tell that shit to Dark Prince or DSP. If dudes popped off FAR enough they were OUT effectively period.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Bunch of stupidity everywhere.

I think the logic is something like "Hey the FGTV stream monsters want to see you chill at the house so much that they'll be happy to donate so you can get to evo if you take the detour" which is still pretty dumb. Yipes seems like cool peoples and everything, but yeah, probably not a great decision.

Really? Tell that shit to Dark Prince or DSP. If dudes popped off FAR enough they were OUT effectively period.

I don't know what happened with DSP, but the Dark Prince stuff was about some like, threats to do bodily harm and stuff. Big difference between that and this, though all the people going in with the pelican business makes me feel bad for the dude. Hope they play in their pool and he gets it in on Champ.

lol @ all the negative comments toward FChamp.

And why are people expecting class and dignity out of every player in the FGC? FUCK that!

Part of the FGC is the pop-offs, blow ups, and shit talk...Every player doesn't have to be BFFs and lovers. Come on guys, this is the real world.

And at least Fchamp talks shit and backs it up.

Saying that someone is a shit player counts as pop-offs, blow ups, and shit talk. Calling him a Pelician with low IQ doesn't count as those things, it counts as something you would expect from a Chimp with low IQ.

I've been around since both and they both left on their own terms...

Matter of fact they both have also made a FGC stream appearance within the last 2 years. DSP made one on a east coast major, and Dark Prince randomly showed up to a WNF at Super Arcade.

The only thing that happen to either two was like a banned on the SRK forums which is hardly a punishment because DSP had like 3 accounts anyways....

If DSP or Dark Prince wanted to make a come back they could..

Actually you know what? You could have made a much better example with Jin Kid since he actually used violence rather than bark with his mouth. What Champ did was child's play to the shit they used to say to one another.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I've been around since both and they both left on their own terms...

Matter of fact they both have also made a FGC stream appearance within the last 2 years. DSP made one on a east coast major, and Dark Prince randomly showed up to a WNF at Super Arcade.

The only thing that happen to either two was like a banned on the SRK forums which is hardly a punishment because DSP had like 3 accounts anyways....

If DSP or Dark Prince wanted to make a come back they could..

Actually you know what? You could have made a much better example with Jin Kid since he actually used violence rather than bark with his mouth. What Champ did was child's play to the shit they used to say to one another.

I got you. Say whatever you want. literally. Im here.

Well played, Spooky. Well played.

ReiGun said:
I don't think so. Yipes didn't even interview him after CM4.

I kinda got the impression Champ felt he could talk like that, and players who reacted pretty much with a shrug and a chuckle, did so because DiosX isn't exactly "in." Like, even amongst semi-professional nerds playing video games for a living, he's considered a big nerd. So its safe to call him ugly and stupid as a legitimate criticism.

Basically, the whole thing feels like some Mean Girls shit.

I kinda got the impression Champ felt he could talk like that, and players who reacted pretty much with a shrug and a chuckle, did so because DiosX isn't exactly "in." Like, even amongst semi-professional nerds playing video games for a living, he's considered a big nerd. So its safe to call him ugly and stupid as a legitimate criticism.

Naw. Yipes is always looking for that popoff. He encouraged some shit talking in every CM he has held. He wants those rivalries so people have reason and heart to level up their game.

Dios X may not be in the popular crowd, but he's in with Wizard and the Cannons. He's been a mod on SRK for god knows how many years.

I think it's just not many top players have respect for Dios-X. So regardless of him winning or not he's not getting any credit. Gotta do it over a long period of time over top opponents I guess.

Also if he went up to Champ and said "knock that shit off, you already know Champ going to knock that shit off. You know Champ ain't no fighter.... Ricky can probably out scrap Champ.

Oh well who cares... it's pointless the only thing that *might* happen is a grudge match at the next Bar Fight where Cross Counter can sell for $8.95!

you know...i have been getting that vibe for a long ass time. Like if you notice, all the top 8s are always the same familiar faces.

and ALL these dudes are going all over the country staying in each others' apartments, hosting everyone in the FGC clique in their own shows, training together to keep the same troupe as the top.

I mean it's understandable tho. they have the means to travel and the only way to keep up this hobby is through connections.

...i jelly QQ. i wanna go drink with gootecks and mike ross. i want to chill with PR_Rog. i wanna eat platanos with Yipes.

jbug617

Banned
okay that video made me download Vanguard Princess just to try it out. How do I use my arcade stick on PC, it recognized my buttons but not the stick.

jbug617

Banned
The thing that pisses me off about people going to the donation well so often is that it takes away from people who legitimately deserve that shit. Like Spooky and Haunts.

And to a lesser extent, people like USD. Was he able to make it to Evo?

I noticed Spooky doesn't run ads during majors (unless i'm not getting them). I only noticed he does it at Big 2.

Belenos

Banned
Naw. Yipes is always looking for that popoff. He encouraged some shit talking in every CM he has held. He wants those rivalries so people have reason and heart to level up their game.

I've watched all of the CM (except for the 3rd one because of all the stream problems they had that day) and this time Yipes didn't seem to agree at all with what Champ was saying (he even seemed awkward). All Yipes was saying to Champ was "let's not discredit the man", "he did his thing".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've watched all of the CM (except for the 3rd one because of all the stream problems they had that day) and this time Yipes didn't seem to agree at all with what Champ was saying (he even seemed awkward). All Yipes was saying to Champ was "let's not discredit the man", "he did his thing".
Yeah Yipes doesn't really pop off or shit talk. It's mostly just jokes and good fun, even when he's saying someone is ass.

I noticed Spooky doesn't run ads during majors (unless i'm not getting them). I only noticed he does it at Big 2.
He does but very infrequently. If there are some good matches going on back to back he won't run them.

The thing that pisses me off about people going to the donation well so often is that it takes away from people who legitimately deserve that shit. Like Spooky and Haunts.

And to a lesser extent, people like USD. Was he able to make it to Evo?

I agree that people like Spooky and Haunts definitely deserve those donations compared to most of the people who do stream raffles and donations. But I also get why those people do the raffles. Its essentially free money for these guys. They are just giving away things they don't need. Its easy for me to say I wouldn't do it for my own reasons, but I'm also not in that position where I can do it. Maybe it'll all cool down after Evo, but who knows?

Also, really really random, but anyone able to recall why Shizza stopped playing competitively in the scene? I just started playing Chun and his Evo 2010 vids have been a main inspiration.

theowne

Also, really really random, but anyone able to recall why Shizza stopped playing competitively in the scene? I just started playing Chun and his Evo 2010 vids have been a main inspiration.

He was taking a break from SF4 for a while and then disappeared since then.

He randomly made a post about Revelations looking good this year a few days ago on SRK though.

Mr. Fix

When's the EVO thread going up?

And shittttt, my friends and I are going to see Spidey either on Friday or Saturday. NOT LIKE THIS!

When's the EVO thread going up?

And shittttt, my friends and I are going to see Spidey either on Friday or Saturday. NOT LIKE THIS!

Skipping out on some pools action is okay... Just be there for Friday, and Saturday night for SF4 semi narrowed down to top 8, and Marvel semi narrowed down to top 8.

That's going to BE NUTS!

Whoever's making the EVO thread, please say to PM me if you're going and want to meet up. I'm thinking Cravings buffet at the Mirage next door to Caesar's friday at 8PM.

Mr. Fix

Skipping out on some pools action is okay... Just be there for Friday, and Saturday night for SF4 semi narrowed down to top 8, and Marvel semi narrowed down to top 8.

That's going to BE NUTS!

Pools was hype for me last year though. And Sunday's not the day for finals? I thought Fri/Sat were pools. SHIT NOOOOOOO!

Pools was hype for me last year though. And Sunday's not the day for finals? I thought Fri/Sat were pools. SHIT NOOOOOOO!

Sunday is the final day. I meant that since you're missing out for the movie, don't miss the semi. Like go to the movies early and not 8PM (west coast)!

SF4 is all day Friday up to top 8.
Marvel is all day Sat up to top 8.

KOF 13 is spread between friday and sat to top 8.

(clueless about the other two games.. sorry.... *rolleyes*)

Sunday = all finals top 8.

Mr. Fix

Sunday is the final day. I meant that since you're missing out for the movie, don't miss the semi. Like go to the movies early and not 8PM (west coast)!

SF4 is all day Friday up to top 8.
Marvel is all day Sat up to top 8.

KOF 13 is spread between friday and sat to top 8.

(clueless about the other two games.. sorry.... *rolleyes*)

Sunday = all finals top 8.

Awesome, thanks for this!

Damn, is all that true? PR Rog could have been on Complexity had he not threatened Laugh and Infiltration at Season's Beatings? I've gotten salty a few times at tournaments too, but the worse I've gotten is only showing it with my facial expression and body language and never verbally or physically.

you didn't hear about PR_Rog getting kicked out of fchamp's house? you need to keep up with the FGC weekly tabloid mang!

Top Bottom