• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 22-28 | 2 Fast 2 Fuerte: Tokido Drift

I'm sure that thread will get me banned. I just couldn't help it. That dude is a smarmy fucking asshole how doesn't understand what he's asking for.

Is it really worth getting banned over a troll? There's no honor in death

The edit button is just a click away

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I bet that thread just gets deleted. Get thread great experience.

Actually I stumbled upon that thread before and thought it said "One Piece Street Fighter 4" reference. Was disappointed.

You could tell the thread was going to be dumb with the picture he lead with.

Kumubou

The funny thing is that thread isn't actually a half-bad resource for a new SF4 player trying to learn the game... you just actually have to read a bunch of the posts.

As for AH3LM, anyone know a good YT channel with footage? I never jumped in to AH really. Would like something to maybe aim me in the direction to see if I should really pick it up or not.
SugoiDB has a whole database of YouTube matches. Just watch out for some of the older AH3:LM matches, as they are before the final update and everything may not work exactly the same. The page also links to several YouTube channels directly as the database isn't up to date.

Beckx

Funny enough, there is a "one page" list of the specials, supers and ultras, some of the SRK guys made it as an insert for Vewlix cab clones. (Only current through Super, though.)

I'm not going over there to link it, though. Edit: oh, boo. Someone already did.

He should stream himself just playing with specials/ultras on random.

Rhapsody

Banned
The funny thing is that thread isn't actually a half-bad resource for a new SF4 player trying to learn the game... you just actually have to read a bunch of the posts.

SugoiDB has a whole database of YouTube matches. Just watch out for some of the older AH3:LM matches, as they are before the final update and everything may not work exactly the same. The page also links to several YouTube channels directly as the database isn't up to date.

Thank you.

I wouldn't mind just having the ultras on one page for all the cast. He is abrasive but what he is asking for doesn't sound unreasonable. I was trying to find something for Xrd.

Beckx

I wouldn't mind just having the ultras on one page for all the cast. He is abrasive but what he is asking for doesn't sound unreasonable. I was trying to find something for Xrd.

The file linked later in the thread will have all except the Ultra additions/changes.

petghost

Banned
what if we are actually the worst? :(

i dont fuck around with other gaming communities is the fgc notably bad compared to dota or lol etc? i know we got a real bad wrap with the mainstream press after cross assault.

i dont fuck around with other gaming communities is the fgc notably bad compared to dota or lol etc? i know we got a real bad wrap with the mainstream press after cross assault.
I played DotA for years. FGC doesn't even have a fraction of DotA's vitriol.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What are your favorite mechanics from the current selection of fighting games and why? What are your least favorite and why?

My favorite would have to be the random select option. Least favorite is the lack of move lists while playing online

El Sloth

Banned
Guys, please don't start acting childish to someone just because they are being dumb. Why lower yourselves to that level

So Shiine and I both go to St John's. Time to hunt him down and learn how to finally playe SF.
Just a heads up that over the way at Queens College there are group of people who regularly play fighting games in the basement of the Student Union. Specifically the Anime and SciFi Club room. You can usually find someone to play most anything. Even crap like ehrgheiz.

Dahbomb

FGC doesn't compare to the FPS online community or the various MOBA communities.

Dlent

FGC doesn't compare to the FPS online community or the various MOBA communities.

Maybe we'll get there one day.

Once we stop being anime. /s

Mr. X

i spent an ungodly amount of time on what noun subtitle to add to street fighter 3 if somehow capcom decides to update it

we have sf3: 2nd impact, sf3: third strike.

what about sf3: 4th blunt trauma? sf3: 4th attack? sf3: 4th collision?
SF3: 4th Down

And FGC is so so so so much better and helpful than other competitive communities I've seen.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Guys, please don't start acting childish to someone just because they are being dumb. Why lower yourselves to that level.

It was a misunderstanding, that much is understood. However, when you ridicule a community for no reason, your just asking for it. An eye for an eye.

If it's cheap then Tokido will pick it.

Now for the most anticipated discussion on Ultrachen... "what's a major?"

I don't remember if someone questioned it nor answered it. But really, what makes a tournament a major? I remember looking at results of that one event, don't remember the name, but Smug took first place. And people were like making excuses that the tournament wasn't a major since there weren't any well known players there or something like that.

petghost

Banned
how you guys gonna get so mad at some dude who is like helplessly ignorant? weird ass crusade shit happening over there.

Top Bottom