• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

Dahbomb

Easier to do Gief's command moves on pad too.

It's not that pad is superior to sticks in SFV... it's that stick no longer has some of the advantages it had before. In SF4 you had the advantage of plinking with stick. You could still plink on pad but it was quite easier on stick.

So players who were good in SF4 with pad despite that small disadvantage are good in SFV.

Alright, so while the Injustice 2 finals were going on, I talked with Snake Eyez about a random variety of subjects.

-His next opponent
-Maintaining focus at a fighting game event
-The hit mechanics of NRS games.
-Unreal Engine 3 vs Unreal Engine 4
-Load times
-His controller. I had no idea that he's been using the same pad for about a decade.
-A bunch of other stuff that had nothing to do with anything.

Then he goes on to win the CEO championship. I mean holy shit.
Dude's the best. THE BEST.

Tripon

Alright, so while the Injustice 2 finals were going on, I talked with Snake Eyez about a random variety of subjects.

-His next opponent
-Load times
-His controller. I had no idea that he's been using the same pad for about a decade.

Yeah, when he was at SCR playing ST, he was saying he probably couldn't get to Capcom Cup last year, and that it was just hard. But he wasn't making excuses for himself. Glad to see he's doing well.

Producer

-His next opponent
-Load times

So, what'd he think about nrs games?

So, what'd he think about nrs games?

Well. First off, he hasn't really had the chance to play them, due to SFV (and previously IV) taking up all of his time. He thinks they're interesting, although he was a little put off by all of the crazy high-damaging combos. He didn't sound too keen on all of the chip damage either. He also didn't like how Top 8 was dominated by top-tiers.

That's just what I recall from the conversation. There were a couple of other guys there who were more versed in NRS to carry on the subject.

M_A_C

-His next opponent
-Load times

care to elaborate on what he said about those things? why'd you get to talk to him so much?

Blueblur1

I think they're done doing trailers at tournaments outside of EVO maybe. Capcom is just dumb like that.

It seems like trailers at tournaments is something they've momentarily stopped doing. Again, it's probably because a new character isn't going to elicit the reaction a returning character would. I don't think we can say whether or not they planned ahead of time to only unveil S2 characters in blog posts. But it's certainly seems like a marketing plan they're going to stick to.

If they're going to stick to the bi-monthly character cadence I would expect for Abigail to be unveiled next/this week (since its Monday already in the States). SDCC will probably have a shitty panel where they pat themselves on the back on the growth of SFV and it's DLC offerings before unveiling a couple new costumes and a stage (again).

Hopefully they do return to brining back classic characters in S3. I imagine that if we get a couple more QoL updates and returning characters, Capcom will be getting the positive reactions they're desperate for. I'm sure an internal "I told you so" moment within the walls of Capcom will follow if they do those two things.

care to elaborate on what he said about those things? why'd you get to talk to him so much?
I should point out that I wasn't trying to do an interview or anything. I write for a gaming website, but we don't do anything fgc-related. This was just a casual conversation that managed to run a bit long. It wasn't recorded.

Blame NRS for having finals that take forever.

- I don't recall the exact wording, but I did ask about his next opponent (Xiaohai). He talked a little bit about the Cammy match-up.
-The "NRS hit mechanics" talk was mostly regarding the lack of appreciable difference between an attack that connects and an attack that's blocked. I think I did more talking on that subject, but he saw where I was coming from on that.
-The UE3 v UE4 talk was all over the place. I said that UE4 probably wasn't the best idea for Tekken 7 and SFV, due to the long load times and other optimization issues. It sorta turned into a talk about graphics. He likes Guilty Gear Xrd's visuals.
-His controller. I'm still surprised that in all the years he's used that pad, he never had to repair or replace it. Damn thing could give the legendary Saturn pad a run for it's money.

BTW: Snake Eyez was a class act the entire time. What an awesome dude. Well, everyone I talked to at the event was cool.

Tripon

I should point out that I wasn't trying to do an interview or anything. I write for a gaming website, but we don't do anything fgc-related. This was just a casual conversation that managed to run a bit long. It wasn't recorded.

- I don't recall the exact wording, but I did ask about his next opponent (Xiaohai). He talked a little bit about the Cammy match-up.
-The "NRS hit mechanics" talk was mostly regarding the lack of appreciable difference between an attack that connects and an attack that's blocked. I think I did more talking on that subject, but he saw where I was coming from on that.
-The UE3 v UE4 talk was all over the place. I said that UE4 probably wasn't the best idea for Tekken 7 and SFV, due to the long load times and other optimization issues. It sorta turned into a talk about graphics. He likes Guilty Gear Xrd's visuals.
-His controller. I'm still surprised that in all the years he's used that pad, he never had to repair or replace it. Damn thing could give the legendary Saturn pad a run for it's money.

BTW: Snake Eyez was a class act the entire time. What an awesome dude. Well, everyone I talked to at the event was cool.
That pad broke multiple times over the years. Gummo has to fix it during Final Round 2016, the pad literally broke during him playing Justin Wong and cost him the match.

M_A_C

Awesome man, thanks!

Top Bottom