• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth director says "close to 30 minigames" in the game

Draugoth

Gold Member
TTa55wHwiotK49idPueWGV-970-80.jpg.webp

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth has almost 30 minigames, including one developed by an internal team of "hardcore card game fans."

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi teased an abundance of mini-games, some of which you'll play throughout the course of the campaign and others you'll only have access to during certain quests or areas on the map. One of the mini-games is called Queen's Blood, and it's a card game that was developed by a group within the development team whose members were passionate card game fans.

"Within our dev team, there were numerous members that were very much hardcore card game fans," Hamaguchi said. "We formed this group where we could discuss the rules and how to develop Queen's Blood. I think we were able to create something that is going to be very satisfying to fans of card games."

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The original had a ton of minigames, Gold Saucer was filled with them, Fort Condor, Snowboarding etc...

Part of its charm and what made it so good.

Oh I remember. It's just that they really blew their load with them in this one. More so than I think anyone expected. I sure didnt, and it makes me think of how distracted and drawn away from the main plot I get in Yakuza games because I wind up playing OutRun and the crane game for hours.

I'm hyped, the piano minigame is what really pushed me over the edge to preorder, lol. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Go_Ly_Dow

Oh I remember. It's just that they really blew their load with them in this one. More so than I think anyone expected. I sure didnt, and it makes me think of how distracted and drawn away from the main plot I get in Yakuza games because I wind up playing OutRun and the crane game for hours.
For sure, I just completed Infinite Wealth and had a blast. I felt that did a bit of a bad job separating the mini games away from the core narrative path, as they merged in a few times in the game. I think in Rebirth they'll be more optional from the sounds of things.

Hudo

Like A Dragon: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - Mario Party Edition

I hope one of the mini games is playing beach volleyball with boob physics activated. It might be the closest we'll get to a new Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

Last edited:
Top Bottom