• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers : more info from Famitsu magazine

Kater

Banned
Why did I miss that?
I like the artwork on the official site. Can't wait to see more about it (maybe at TGS).

bumpkin

- Even though it looks like Monster Hunter, it feels more like FF11/FF14-lite.
Hmm... I don't know how I feel about this. While I did participate in the FF14 beta on PS4 and enjoyed it for the most part, I was way more interested in Explorers when it sounded like a true ARPG ala Zelda or Secret of Mana. I like my RPG battles to either be 100% turn-based or 100% real-time, not a weird hybrid.

Khrno

White Mage totally looks like Yukari from Persona 3. :D
And the knight on the left like Aegis from the same game.

This is Akihiko Yoshida's artwork for FFIII DS, just making sure you're not confusing it with artwork for Explorers (and I do agree with the similarity to the P3 characters).

Ponn

Banned
I'm not sure if I should be hyped or super hyped for this. Honestly i'm not a fan of multiplayer but i'm sure there will be some sort of single player component. Love the artstyle.

My destiny this generation is with handhelds it seems. This, Persona Q and STEAM looking forward to. Oh and Bravely 2.

Insaniac

so do we know if this will be a straight up action RPG a la Crystal Chronicles, or slower paced like FF11? (I never played FF11, but the combat looked "cooldown" based)

Shauni

This sounds like it could be real fun. I just wonder if Square will localize it or if it'll be up to Nintendo to bring yet another Square 3DS title over.

Kandinsky

so do we know if this will be a straight up action RPG a la Crystal Chronicles, or slower paced like FF11? (I never played FF11, but the combat looked "cooldown" based)

It will be closer to CC imo, the only thing I can see being FFXI like is the job system and its ja's and maybe skillchains, which CC kinda did as well (merging/combining spells).

duckroll

From the way they described it, it's more of an action RPG than even CC. Definitely nothing like FFXI or FFXIV in terms of actual combat gameplay. The emphasis is on action, and you assign abilities to buttons. Actual movement and timing, etc.

Zornica

Banned
From the way they described it, it's more of an action RPG than even CC. Definitely nothing like FFXI or FFXIV in terms of actual combat gameplay. The emphasis is on action, and you assign abilities to buttons. Actual movement and timing, etc.

sounds kinda like somabringer...
But I guess this one is going to be in 3d

This is looking awesome! And 100-200 hours of 'replaybility' after the main story?! Hell yes!

Edit: changed my wording lol
100-200 hours of content isn't true lol

Insaniac

fantastic!

L~A

Okay, more credits have popped up for the game. Along with details on the director.

Director: Atsushi Hashimoto (Lead Planner on SaGa 2 DS, planner on Kid Icarus Uprising)
Logo/Key Art Design: Yoshitaka Amano
Character Supervisor: Toshiyuki Itahana
Design Supervisor: Gen Kobayashi
Composer: Tsuyoshi Sekito
Project Manager: Takahiro Abe
Producer: Hiroyuki Miura

Quite a number of the staff seem to have been involved with the DS SaGa remakes: Miura, Abe, Kobayashi, Hashimoto.

Thanks, added that to the OP, too.

roknin

Definitely looking forward to this. :)

We need more Selkies up in here.

* raises hand * Selkies 4 lyfe

Though to be fair, I only played the original CC and about 60% of Ring of Fates. Skipped Echoes of Time and owned Crystal Baerers for about one week...

Falk

that puzzling face
White Mage totally looks like Yukari from Persona 3. :D
And the knight on the left like Aegis from the same game.

They're from FFIII

edit: For comparison

e1LdA61.jpg

Prototype

Im very excited for this. FF X MH sounds amazing. I really liked the position changing stuff they introduced in 14 so that's all good in my book. With the mh formula I could see myself sinking lots of hours into this.

ss-hikaru

Add me to the list of people who wanna play dragoon! (that's the same as valkyrie in Bravely Default right?) Hopefully there is a salvemaker or equivalent job so I can make my favourite job combo again :3

Game is sounding really good. A little RPG-ish, a little monhan-ish~ I have a really bad track record when it comes to after-the-main-story-content but the multiplayer aspect will most probably keep me going! Looking forward to seeing what jobs my friends prefer and whether we'll can make any balanced teams (probably not) :p

Okay, more credits have popped up for the game. Along with details on the director.

Director: Atsushi Hashimoto (Lead Planner on SaGa 2 DS, planner on Kid Icarus Uprising)
Logo/Key Art Design: Yoshitaka Amano
Character Supervisor: Toshiyuki Itahana
Design Supervisor: Gen Kobayashi
Composer: Tsuyoshi Sekito
Project Manager: Takahiro Abe
Producer: Hiroyuki Miura

Quite a number of the staff seem to have been involved with the DS SaGa remakes: Miura, Abe, Kobayashi, Hashimoto.

Wonder if Racjin could be involved at all since they worked on the DS SaGa games, like assisting where as SE are mostly responsible for it in-house hence them being credited as developer. Unless Racjin had greater involvement with the DS SaGa games?

Top Bottom