• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers : more info from Famitsu magazine

Don't take that too literally, because the abilities in this game are mapped to buttons. It's an action-oriented system.

hmmm....

on a side note this reminds me of a recent ios game that came out

Battleheart Legacy

which is a top down diabloish style game, but also had multiple jobs where you can mix match skills.

Hope flexible job systems get integrated into more action style games more often.

Tain

I don't know what to make of the "FF11/FF14-Lite" bit. It suggests that positioning is somehow less important in Monster Hunter than FF14, which doesn't make sense to me.

Whatever, I'd love to try an FF-themed Monster Hunter style game.

duckroll

Here's Atsushi Hashimoto's MobyGames page:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/atsushi-hashimoto/credits/developerId,277478/

He's worked on some notable games, but seemingly this is his directorial debut?

I'm not sure if all those credits belong to the same person, and if any of those people are even this guy. Keep in mind that Japanese names can have the same reading for different characters, and English sites generally don't handle different people with the same name written in English well.

Aswell

If it's on 3DS I highly doubt it. I don't think any online game on the system has a paywall.
Yeah I think it would be the first game to have a paid multiplayer mode on 3DS if this was the case.

What? No, this is not an MMO
I see. I initially thought this was an exclusively multiplayer game. I have probably been confused with another recently announced game...

Thanks for your answers

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Don't take that too literally, because the abilities in this game are mapped to buttons. It's an action-oriented system.
That's what's going on in the console versions of FF14. I'm expecting something actionny but with cool-down times for individual actions or straight up ATB gauge.

mclem

The title strikes me as a little odd, given that for the most part, I don't *really* associate the Monster Hunter franchise with 'exploration'. Dunno if it's there as Just A Title or if they're going to add more exploratory elements to the game.

Also, the acronym is FFE. That makes me nervous, even now.

50L1Wc4.jpg

Aeana

The title strikes me as a little odd, given that for the most part, I don't *really* associate the Monster Hunter franchise with 'exploration'. Dunno if it's there as Just A Title or if they're going to add more exploratory elements to the game.

But you're also the one associating the game with Monster Hunter, SE isn't. So if it's odd to you, maybe you should change your association!!

georly

Are there any pictures out there on the internet that show what the dragoon class look like? That's the make-or-break for me, honestly. Yes i'm being superficial.

This seems like a pretty cool idea, I hope SE has the sense to bring it over. Though, we're getting curtain call, so I have high hopes.

Sounds bretty gud. Still salty this isn't a Crystal Chronicles game, though. It sounds like the gameplay would fit in nicely with what the CC series already established.

Kandinsky

Are there any pictures out there on the internet that show what the dragoon class look like? That's the make-or-break for me, honestly. Yes i'm being superficial.

Whatever you are imagining atm will probably end up looking pretty close to, Dragoon class kinda always look the same.

Sounds bretty gud. Still salty this isn't a Crystal Chronicles game, though. It sounds like the gameplay would fit in nicely with what the CC series already established.
Yeah, I miss my Lilty bros D:

duckroll

Okay, more credits have popped up for the game. Along with details on the director.

Director: Atsushi Hashimoto (Lead Planner on SaGa 2 DS, planner on Kid Icarus Uprising)
Logo/Key Art Design: Yoshitaka Amano
Character Supervisor: Toshiyuki Itahana
Design Supervisor: Gen Kobayashi
Composer: Tsuyoshi Sekito
Project Manager: Takahiro Abe
Producer: Hiroyuki Miura

Quite a number of the staff seem to have been involved with the DS SaGa remakes: Miura, Abe, Kobayashi, Hashimoto.

Ploid 3.0

Finally a not MMO FFXI type game with multiplayer maybe.

(taps out)

Anyway I hope more not MMORPG games are made with small party drop in MP. Something like White Knight Chronicles MP. I had some good times in that game with old FFXI buddies.

Insaniac

I've always loved the class system in FFT games, it gave a lot of flexibility to combine skills and jobs. This is sounding promising so far!

Laconic

Banned
Hmmm... this looks promising. It has the potential to encourage me to speed along the process of getting my girlfriend her own 3DS, and slowly converting her to the dark side/JRPGs.

duckroll

...so there *will* be more exploration elements?

We don't really know, other than the entire game is set on a single island which you can explore. But that in itself doesn't mean much, since MH is technically like that too, just boring as hell to "explore".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
...so there *will* be more exploration elements?

I don't think this is the game you're looking for.

This sounds like it's going to be based around boss battles. If it's an actiony version of FFXIV's primal battles, that sounds awesome.

mclem

Well that's unknown. I just thought your objection was strange.

My objection was simply that the title was Explorers and what I'd seen of the game didn't really suggest that; I'd associate that term with something a bit more themed around discovery rather than combat.

The Monster Hunter association was probably a misjudgement, but it's still being pitched from the point of view of the fighting as best as I can determine.

As I mentioned, though, it might be Just A Name, it just seemed like a slightly odd name to pick for that.

Oh, it probably *is*, I was just curious about the name choice.

Aeana

This sounds like it's going to be based around boss battles. If it's an actiony version of FFXIV's primal battles, that sounds awesome.

I don't think it sounds like that at all, especially not with the way you can recruit monsters after you defeat them.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Portable Final Fantasy XIV + Monster Hunter?

I'm sold.
Might just be the greatest game ever created if it's actually that.

I don't think it sounds like that at all, especially not with the way you can recruit monsters after you defeat them.

Well, I'm sure the monsters you can recruit are the smaller ones or something. Could be a mix of both, like MH.

CTLance

I'm starting to wonder why they didn't go with the FFCC cast of Yuke/Lilty/Selkie/Clavat.

Mildly enthusiastic about this, nonetheless. Could be fun.

I'm starting to wonder why they didn't go with the FFCC cast of Yuke/Lilty/Selkie/Clavat.

Mildly enthusiastic about this, nonetheless. Could be fun.

Probably because the last CC game sold like hot dog doo. Forever scared S-E away from the series.

*sigh* I don't know why I even still follow this company...

pulga

Banned
After Bravely Default, Square Enix has earned some credit on the 3DS. Hope to see gameplay soon.

This is the type of game I've been waiting for since I was a kid. FFCC and XI are two of favorites in the franchise because I could play with my friends and I loved the gameplay. I need this game to come out sooner.

Top Bottom