• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX Steam store page is up. Releasing before FF15

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
■Additional Features
・Achievements
・Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
・Autosave

・High-definition movies and character models.
fuck yes :") slay a bit Square

Oh shit, I didn't notice the "no encounter" mode. I really hate random encounters, I'd rather choose for myself when I want to fight and when not.

Goli

Oh shit, I didn't notice the "no encounter" mode. I really hate random encounters, I'd rather choose myself when I want to fight.

But when 'no encounter' is turned off you'll still be at the mercy of random encounters most likely, unless they add a 'fight' button that initiates combat right away, like the Chaos Rings games do.

AgeEighty

■Additional Features
・Achievements
・Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
・Autosave
・High-definition movies and character models.

I'm curious to know whether these have been upscaled or whether they actually had uncompressed versions still lying around. If it's the latter, that alone makes this version worth it, as the cutscenes in this game are incredible.

UnrealEck

One of the best FF games. Great characters and setting/style. Weird it's one of the lesser spoken about of the games.

Arkam

Oh hell yes! Was just wishing for this a a few weeks ago. Maybe god is listening to me complain.

Son Of D

One of the best FF games. Great characters and setting/style. Weird it's one of the lesser spoken about of the games.

Releasing so close to the PS2 overshadowed it. Plus Square announced IX, X and XI at the same time so it wouldn't be that surprising to see people talk about X and XI more due to them using newer and better hardware.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
boosters including high speed
high speed
tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

I might grab it on iOS instead, but I'll finally be able to beat this. It's the only PS1+PS2 era FF that I haven't finished and the slow battle system was the major reason I stopped playing midway the three times I tried.

So this is probably just emulated, right? No way they made a new native PC port for this? I'll get it either way, just curious.

Unless it turns out to be total crap for some reason.

Edit: Looking at it a bit more, maybe they did go the extra mile for this. I'm kinda shocked Square-Enix put that kind of effort into it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'm curious to know whether these have been upscaled or whether they actually had uncompressed versions still lying around. If it's the latter, that alone makes this version worth it, as the cutscenes in this game are incredible.
Yeah, that stood out to me, too. I'll be impressed as hell if Square had the foresight to make (and keep the source for) legit uncompressed HD cutscenes for this.

Mivey

So this is probably just emulated, right? No way they made a new native PC port for this? I'll get it either way, just curious.

Unless it turns out to be total crap for some reason.
We will know soon enough, not like they can hide it from the PC users looking at the folder.

Z3M0G

They don't look remade. Just the textures are sighly updated.

More touched up than remade from what I'm seeing
ss_c96548607f3fdf5c440b7ebf297e0b09b75ce906.jpg

ss_a677dfadb3da854598b766705490da6c93a39c2d.jpg

Yah I agree... I would find it hard to believe those are the original sprites from the PSX version...

VIII needs this treatment!! Maybe the have bigger plans for VIII though... one can hope! I just can't see how they could officially touch up FF1 to 9 up to this point and skip 8... :(

novablue

Banned
As far as I can tell, their goal is to bring all the Final Fantasy games to PS4, PC, and iOS/Android.

Of course the last one might take a while given they shut down the streaming service you could use to play Final Fantasy XIII on mobile.

The order in which they arrive to various platforms seems to vary based on their scheduling plans and where it's easiest to port them to first.

Can you explain to how MS is getting FFXV but not the older ones, wouldn't they be less risk for Square?

Hnnnnnnnnng.

Though Squeenix just cost themselves a Rise of the Tomb Raider launch sale from me lol. I'll be buying that after a FFIX playthrough now.

Human_me

VIII needs this treatment!! Maybe the have bigger plans for VIII though... one can hope! I just see how they could officially touch up FF1 to 9 up to this point and skip 8...

You can with mods, but Square isn't going to do it.
Modded FF 8 is pretty great.

Thabass

Yesssss. Need this in my life. I just played through FFIX on PS1 before this was announced. Now I get to play it again!

hesho

i have a bad feeling that they will price the game at like 30 bucks or something. I am just holding off because i just don't have any confidence in squenix in doing something right at the launch of a title..

Top Bottom