• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Legends - Warriors of Light and Darkness announced

Radogol

Tiktaalik said:
I hope the use of ATB and 2D isn't an indicator that this is some retro gimmick game.

Looks exactly like the original FFIV. I don't think sprites are reused, but the graphic quality is roughly the same.

B.K.

Radogol said:
Looks exactly like the original FFIV. I don't think sprites are reused, but the graphic quality is roughly the same.

It looks better than the SNES version of Final Fantasy IV. Just from the one screen that's barely visible, it almost looks like Final Fantasy I and II Anniversary Edition graphics.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Link1110 said:
Did they use that name solely to screw with Americans who love the SaGa series? I'm not amused, Square.
I know you're being facetious, but I'm pretty sure Japanese don't even bother to think about what non-Japanese will think when they release game information. Sometimes I don't even think they think about what the Japanese themselves will think, but that's a different story altogether.

Radogol

B.K. said:
It looks better than the SNES version of Final Fantasy IV. Just from the one screen that's barely visible, it almost looks like Final Fantasy I and II Anniversary Edition graphics.

From the two barely visible screens, it looks 256-color to me. Perhaps I need to look for better scans/photos of the magazine.

B.K.

Radogol said:
From the two barely visible screens, it looks 256-color to me. Perhaps I need to look for better scans/photos of the magazine.

Yeah, that would be nice. The battle screen doesn't look quite as good as the Anniversary Editions, but it looks a lot better the IV to me.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Segata Sanshiro said:
I really should know better than to get my hopes up after the turdly After Years, but that kind of looks good. :S

Yup... After Years was a total disappointment for myself - feeling more like a fan's RPG Maker sequel than an actual new FF4, with a ridiculous encounter rate. I'm always curious about a 2D sprite based FF game, but it'll at least need some production values and effort put into it. Oh and a possible US release somehow.

B.K.

I wish they would release some more story information. I really want to know if Legends is related to Final Fantasy V.

Radogol

B.K. said:
I wish they would release some more story information. I really want to know if Legends is related to Final Fantasy V.

It doesn't appear to be. There's a lot of info over at the official site, much of it translated at Final Fantasy Wiki.

Has anyone played this? they just released the info on Chapter.6 and it looks semi -intriguing, would play it if it supported my cell-phone. Is this worth paying 300 to play on my mates?

Story:

Looking to gain the cooperation of the anti-avalon empire resistance group "sands of the moon", the nahato dark warriors embarked to the Island of kakuram. Having crossed the endless desert, Our warriors arrive at the pleasure city of gardengarden

187923.jpg

187921.jpg

B.K.

How the hell did I miss this? Square Enix announced an iOS and Android version at TGS.

CIz4g.jpg

I hope they release it in America. I would buy an Android phone just for the game.

0 HP

Can anyone who's played the game comment on the music and enemy (particularly boss) sprites? Is there a lot of old stuff being reused or is everything mostly fresh?

They're sitting on a goldmine with 16-bit esque FF games imo. They can't be that expensive to make and I think they could easily find some talent to makes quality stuff. I think there's a huge potential market for it.

Job system? I'm already hyped. Best thing about the FF series, yet no damn mainline FF has implemented it.
We keep getting these weird grids and shit.

Job system? I'm already hyped. Best thing about the FF series, yet no damn mainline FF has implemented it.
We keep getting these weird grids and shit.

3?

Ok, a little more than that. the job system in 3 is based on an expansion of the class system in the first game. 5 used an even better form, and X-2 had what's probably the best implementation so far. 11 also uses it, and 14 will soon (I think).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aww...

I thought it was finally announced for North America for XBLA/PSN. I'm sad now. It's like, THE, latest FF game that I'm looking forward to playing. :/

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone who's played the game comment on the music and enemy (particularly boss) sprites? Is there a lot of old stuff being reused or is everything mostly fresh?

They're sitting on a goldmine with 16-bit esque FF games imo. They can't be that expensive to make and I think they could easily find some talent to makes quality stuff. I think there's a huge potential market for it.

They should put out the mobile phone remake of the game in your avatar already.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
This probably won't come to the iPhone, given that it uses the ATB system, the touch only controls would probably render it unplayable.

Then again, they are porting Secret of Mana to the iPhone, so maybe they'll do it anyway :lol

How would it be unplayable because of ATB?
Anyway, it's not iOS or Android. (yet)

Edit: fuuuuuuuck old comment
Edit 2: yessssss iOS!

Top Bottom