• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

Boss Man

Here's what I posted for feedback on the survey:

"I think the world is too brown. I want lush green worlds like Pulse of FFXIII. The hero's hair is too short and should be an unnatural colour."

Hope Square listens.
ikOD60Q0vfCqN.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
As some of us have said before. Highly doubt this is going to be next-gen quality of in-game presentation. Maybe cut-scenes. But there is no way in hell.

BF3
Watch_dogs
Starwars 1313

This is what the next-gen is going to be like.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
My god, this must've been the most impressive thing I've seen coming from Square Enix in a long time. Everything in it is absolutely gorgeous, the art especially is amazing. I really hope they're gonna turn this into Final Fantasy XV one day, it really would work as a reboot that could appeal to both western and eastern players while refreshing the look and feeling of the series, without losing its origins. Make it happen Square, PLEASE!

KageMaru

As some of us have said before. Highly doubt this is going to be next-gen quality of in-game presentation. Maybe cut-scenes. But there is no way in hell.

BF3
Watch_dogs
Starwars 1313

Yeah at launch, but that doesn't mean anything for how far the systems will be pushed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's nice but it kinda felt Uncharted-y at the early part and I didn't like the music that much.

BF3
Watch_dogs
Starwars 1313

You're forgetting that SE are wizards and have consistently created some of the best looking stuff in the past

iavi

BF3
Watch_dogs
Starwars 1313

I found the 1313 visual more impressive, honestly, so if that's next-gen, it'll be a gud one.

This looked entirely achievable, though, which was the best thing about it. Neither the monster, nor some of the environmental texture-work was that great, and I actually noticed a bit of a jag-fest, but it made it all a bit more believable - more so than the rest of Squeenix's usual pipedreaming, anyway. Had they shown Agnis controlled by a player, I would have been completely bought.

I found the 1313 visual more impressive, honestly, so if that's next-gen, it'll be a gud one.

For me, the characters in 1313 had these weird, dead eyes that this demo definitely did not. Besides that though, they were both really freaking impressive.

So what you're saying is that next gen will be even more linear. Oh dear. Final Fantasy XV will be nothing but interactive cutscenes.

So Heavy Rain then?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looking at the full-res screens you can definitely see some of the flaws. Still looks good though but until actual games come about expectations will be kept at a minimum.

Pranay

Looking at the full-res screens you can definitely see some of the flaws. Still looks good though but until actual games come about expectations will be kept at a minimum.

Thats why i feel its a tech demo based on next gen consoles

linko9

Aight, that looked fucking rad. Like, best I've ever seen visually. But let me make one thing clear. I do not want turbaned insurgents with AK47s in my Final Fantasy. Leave that in Call of Duty please.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Which is why I think it's good. It's like they made it on actual spec. hardware versus the bullshit they cooked-up for the FFVII tech demo.

Be lucky you are just noticing things like this now, shit like this sticks out like a sore thumb to me =p
I was enjoying the water. :p

2016 here we come!

But seriously, how expensive would it be to make a game that looked like that? What would i have to pay to play it?

I'm scared to find out, but excited to learn more.

pottuvoi

Banned
Which is why I think it's good. It's like they made it on actual spec. hardware versus the bullshit they cooked-up for the FFVII tech demo.
FFVII tech demo is surpassed in every level outside the cloth/hair simulation in proper big game worlds.
The demo had small scale and even then relied on clasic polygon reducing tricks from ps1 FFVII.. (alpha test geometry in background.)

It really wasn't incredible demo, even when it was introduced.
look at the fucking beard shadow!
Yes, they render beard into a standard shadow map, not the best idea when thinking shadow stability. ;)

Yes, this is what I absolutely don't want to see in FF ever. There are tons of ways to create fantasy worlds, let's not mix up real things with fantasy.

I seem to remember one final fantasy with guns or a desert dwelling race.

Oh wait that was pretty much all of them

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I seem to remember one final fantasy with guns or a desert dwelling race.

Oh wait that was pretty much all of them

Yes, exactly this. Let's not even speak of Versus XIII, the so called-saviour that is pratically a modern Final Fantasy set in the modern day with some fantasy in it. Exactly like in this TECH DEMO, except the art style here is even better.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I don't know why people are expecting games to never reach this point on a graphical level. There are enough imperfections littered throughout the demo that easily suggest that games can look like this. The real issue is going to be related to time and costs, and the creators of engines seem to be tackling this head on.

We shall see what happens with this.

Xpliskin

1. Download 1080p version
2. Play in VLC at half speed
3. Faint

The more I look at it the more I think this will unlikely become a reality.
Even the hairs cast shadows. We didn't even get half that fidelity of hair and fur this gen.

It's awesome to fantasize though, what next-next-gen games will look like.

Holy shit this looks awesome, glad I am not the only one who is getting the dragon age vibe.

But seriously, the anesthetics would make for a great change and a breath of fresh air.

Chev

This one was built from the ground up with productivity in mind.

The visual flair came later.

Which isn't particularly reassuring since the FF13 postmortem said they'd wasted too much time trying to make a super-duper perfect engine with enhanced workflow instead of making an engine for a game.

raven777

1. Download 1080p version
2. Play in VLC at half speed
3. Faint

The more I look at it the more I think this will unlikely become a reality.
Even the hairs cast shadows. We didn't even get half that fidelity of hair and fur this gen.

It's awesome to fantasize though, what next-next-gen games will look like.

Did you download youtube 1080P or is there better quality 1080P somewhere else?

Top Bottom