• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 TGS Trailer Long Version + New 11 Minute Gameplay Trailer

iavi

If this isn't repackaged as a Vita Launch title in the west Squeenix will have shot themselves in the foot. Again.

I didn't care for the demo at all, due to the controls and my inability to speak moon, but that trailer looked fantastic.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
TDLink said:
Youtube video was set to private, any alternate links out there?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I sleuthed it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW4qfK1VIas
Now that's what I call a Final Fantasy game. Super-happy I preordered the LE soundtrack because that Ishimoto music is awesome.

Too bad I decided to hold out for the inevitable Vita version/Ultimate Hits version and cancelled my PSP preorder, lol. Until I see and feel that the controls have been fixed in the PSP version, I'm waiting a while.

Miri said:
If this isn't repackaged as a Vita Launch title in the West Squeenix will have shot themselves in the foot. Again.

I didn't care for the demo at all, due to the controls and my inability to speak moon, but that trailer looked fantastic.

I think there'll either be a Vita version or none at all
And they're not going to pass on bringing it to the west, so...

Takuan

BlazingDarkness said:
I think there'll either be a Vita version or none at all
And they're not going to pass on bringing it to the west, so...
There should definitely be a Vita version, if only to clean up aliasing and improve the frame rate (new models would be great, too, but that's being greedy). Game looks really good otherwise; I'm very impressed at what Square has managed to squeezed out of the PSP.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If Type 0 is going to be a PSN PSP release in Japan, why not do the same here and have both PSP and Vita owners able to buy it? Makes more sense to me than just a Vita port. The PSP may be "dead" but it still has a pretty decent user base here.

Riposte

vicissitudes said:
Battle system looks pretty cool but so did the battle system for FFXIII.

That alone does not make a good game, unfortunately :(

Yeah it does, considering you spend 85% of your time in Final Fantasy games battling or preparing for battle.

Though this is a straight up action game, it matters even more I guess.

Road

It's like I just watched the whole game in 10 min. I couldn't stop while watching it, but now I kinda wish I hadn't seen it.

Kuroudu

Incredible at the last few minutes of the trailer. Summons and airship.
I think this is the best looking PSP game.

Synless said:
I thought this was out already.
I thought so too, I am not sure why I think that too. Wasn't there an OT of this game created few weeks ago?

I can't bring myself to watch. Not because of spoilers or anything, but because this game's U.S. fate is still up in the air. No point in getting myself super-hyped over a game I won't be able to play. ;_;

Electivirus said:
I can't bring myself to watch. Not because of spoilers or anything, but because this game's U.S. fate is still up in the air. No point in getting myself super-hyped over a game I won't be able to play. ;_;

I have no doubt the SE will bring this over. The question is, on what platform? PSP as a DD only? PSVita? PS3 remastered?

Synless

Kuroudu said:
Incredible at the last few minutes of the trailer. Summons and airship.
I think this is the best looking PSP game.

I thought so too, I am not sure why I think that too. Wasn't there an OT of this game created few weeks ago?
That's what I thought, I swear there was an OT. I'm going to search and see.

Maybe I confused it with the demo thread.

Lesiroth

Riposte said:
Yeah it does, considering you spend 85% of your time in Final Fantasy games battling or preparing for battle.

Though this is a straight up action game, it matters even more I guess.
I really doubt that ratio applied to the last few FF games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
looks absolutely fucking amazing. The portable team have done amazing things with the alright Crisis Core, the brilliant Birth by Sleep and now this.

Looks like the kind of epic FF game I've wanted to play really since FF8. The graphics look insane (the heat effects especially, wow), the gameplay finally looks fresh... So close and yet so far away... :(

Varion

Kuroudu said:
Well it was originally going to be out by now, they just delayed it by two weeks. Maybe that's it?

New gameplay video looks awesome, though. Enjoyed the demo of this even if the camera wasn't perfect (although I didn't mind it that much when playing with a PS3 pad, it made it much easier to deal with for me) and the gameplay, variety of missions shown in all the footage, world map, music etc all look really promising. Can't wait to grab this on release day, the money's burning a hole in my PSN wallet waiting.

royalan

Wow...everything about this game just looks freakin' awesome.

It looks to have all the charm drama of the PS1 FFs mixed with updated graphics and battle system.

This game better come to the US...

Famassu

Jigsaw said:
i don't know what to say about this video,just 'wow'

holy shit the last 2 minutes are awesome
Yeah, that two minutes helped me make the decision to keep my pre-order of the OST and not to cancel it. Screw buying food, I can live with just listening to the OST of this game, for sure. :lol

Grimmy

Banned
Looks great....except for that framerate :(

I really hope SE is working on a Vita upgrade. That framerate is an eyesore.

jimmypython

d76e52c07b7d3368abaabecf2f2f6088cec45977.jpg

Square updated the official blog (http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/reishiki/). This time is the scenario writer introducing a new character.

but the point is, look at her desk, there is a full PS3 set apparently with something running on it. are they working on a HD version already?

however, it could mean nothing but
she likes to play ps3 games during her work

Takao

Banned
toleoring said:
d76e52c07b7d3368abaabecf2f2f6088cec45977.jpg

Square updated the official blog (http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/reishiki/). This time is the scenario writer introducing a new character.

but the point is, look at her desk, there is a full PS3 set apparently with something running on it. are they working on a HD version already?

however, it could mean nothing but
she likes to play ps3 games during her work

she's playing versus

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do big Japanese releases usually get an OT or are those reserved for the English versions?

Seda

Keiician said:
Do big Japanese releases usually get an OT or are those reserved for the English versions?

Someone (Kagari probably) will likely make an "Import Thread" as they're usually called, and then someone will make the |OT| (Kagari again, probably) for localized release, if there is one.

Pooya

@toleoring the monitor on the right is showing FF13-2 I think, I can see monster portraits and press [] for feral link black bar, must be that.

jimmypython

miladesn said:
@toleoring the monitor on the right is showing FF13-2 I think, I can see monster portraits and press [] for feral link black bar, must be that.

good catch!
really wish that was type-0 tho...

Top Bottom