• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Team Urgently Recruiting, Here’s A Message From Key Staff

Amneisac

Personally, I think it's a beautiful gesture to honor the 20 year anniversary of FFVII with a 20 year development cycle.

I mean ever since the first showing of gameplay from the bombing mission
it felt to me that was the only part of the game they had at that point.
But it seems to look more and more like a somewhat better FFXV situation at this point.
(nowhere near that dramatic hopefully)

FinalAres

Oh of course I massively assumed that. If we know anything about square Enix its that when they're showing you something, they're showing you everything they have.

Ravek

Banned
tiUJUA2.gif

Omg...kill that gif with fire. Jesus.

:::::::::

FFVII remake will be a cross gen title....for PS5/PS6.

Sesha

They don't need to hire a new battle planner. Just get Hiroyuki Ito out of his janitorial uniform and have him do it.

13ruce

Banned
Square Enix is the most unlogical company ever with announcing games way too early. KH fans waiting for 3 are already adults now it's insane.

FF VII probably will be out when we all are in retirement....

Square Enix is like one of the greatest paradoxes of our time.

It's still an enormously successful corporation, but you wouldn't think that when you consider how horribly inefficiently run and managed the whole damn place probably is. The ship has countless holes in its hull which would have doomed any other vessel and yet it's still managed to stay comfortably afloat and seaworthy. It's remarkable.

By the time episode 3 of this comes out, I'll be asking my grandkids to cut my toenails because I'll be too decrepit to reach them myself.

bigol

Square Enix is like one of the greatest paradoxes of our time.

It's still an enormously successful corporation, but you wouldn't think that when you consider how horribly inefficiently run and managed the whole damn place probably is. The ship has countless holes in its hull which would have doomed any other vessel and yet it's still managed to stay comfortably afloat and seaworthy. It's remarkable.

Their past is so glorious that even in the darkest times we still have hope they will fully redeem themselves.

Yet they keep making mistakes.

Aggelos

guys isn't this more than obvious?

1st scenario -> Members left the project because the stakes are high and they couldn't cope. This is a FF7Remake we're talking about, not just a walk in the park. The hype among the fans raises the bar beyond anything. The bar was raised unprecedentedly with its official announcement.

2nd scenario -> The present team can't do it either way alone, so they need more talented hands to help out because the stakes are high, the pressure is colossal, the demands are ginormous.
This FF7Remake is make or break. There's nothing in between.

Why does people think that recruiting new staff that will help make 3D chairs in high definition affects the game as a whole?

They're not waiting to form a team to start the thing, people come and go on the project...

This.
Also, FF7R is one hell of a recruiting carrot. They and Cyber Connect2 have probably been recruiting this whole time for this.

Part of this phase sounds like it includes probably something like continuing the massive amount of high def asset creation or something like that that requires a lot of manpower since they even mention that the number of prospective hires in Japan are less than than typically found in the west in terms of sheer numbers that are experienced at this work (Capcom just made the same statement too).

Reproducing the world of Final Fantasy VII in high-definition requires an extraordinary amount of time and resources, so we'll need all the help we can get to shorten that.

As those of you concerned with the industry may already know, the number of domestic staff is significantly lower compared to that of foreign high-definition developers. Therefore, in order to further strengthen the development of this title, we must urgently recruit as much staff as possible.

I wonder how an investor is reacting when he sees a news like this?

Investors are the reason SE announce projects as soon as they are greenlit so -shrug-

Also if they're dead set on recreating the majority of VII's world in HD...its a metric fuck ton of assets. Like, a ton. And even something like TW3 had...100s, if not 1000 people worldwide working on it. This happens all the time...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They must look at Platinum Games like actual wizards.

What really turns this fuckfest up to eleven is that it is Part 1 of (3?) and every time I remember that my brain just sort of stops for a whole minute due to feeling so uncomfortable thinking about that level of failure.

mieumieu

I dont see it as the bad news people here make it out to be. It could be that the 'vertical slice' is done and they are now entering mass production of levels and assets. Which IMO means the game can be out before mid 2019 if no big changes.

People underestimate the level of polish and tuning SQEX games usually require. Nier level is completely out of the question.

Story content: Vincent's Past.
Story content: Yuffie's Activities.
Story content: Turk's Activities.
Story content: Rufus's Betrayal.
Story content: The World of Meteor.
Story content: Cloud's Disappearance.
Playable Character: Vincent.
Playable Character: Yuffie.
Playable Character: Zack.
Additional mode: Gold Saucer.

You can only choose one though. But we will make sure to release more surveys to complete the game after release, lol.
CLq_RFe1_UEAAv_LOy.jpg

Contractors are hired on the spot.

yes not sure why people think everyone has to be hired at the start of the project and nobody can be brought on afterwards.

it's just as likely they are finished doing all the planning/BE dev work for episode 1 and have to push through a lot of busy work and are bringing on extra help.

FinalAres

They must look at Platinum Games like actual wizards.

What really turns this fuckfest up to eleven is that it is Part 1 of (3?) and every time I remember that my brain just sort of stops for a whole minute due to feeling so uncomfortable thinking about that level of failure.

I remember them saying they couldn't do a game like FF7 in HD because it would take 10 years to make. They were right.

I think it would be so cool if they remake it on 3DS. Use the same CG backgrounds, just redo the polygonal models.

Wait, I guess most of the game wouldn't be in 3D... well, that works for Pokemon :p.

FTF

Sigh...I can't believe it's still this far away. I've now pushed back my expectation for (realistically) early 2019 for ep.1. So basically another 2 years. Maybe, maybe late 2018. I think they can get ep.1 out in 18 months if they really step it up (which I'm not confident in them doing).

AzureFlame

But it seems to look more and more like a somewhat better FFXV situation at this point.
(nowhere near that dramatic hopefully)

just like versus when they showed gameplay in insomnia and the wildllands in 2011.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
If this is for part of 1 then I don't think we'll seevit until 2019

Go_Ly_Dow

Maybe they said fuck it, let's release this as one big expansive game, increase the development budget and team size and now it's one ginormous project.

A MAN CAN DREAM, RIGHT?!

BELIEVE!

Top Bottom