• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X, Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita listed for US Release

frequency

I will be there Day One for both those games and LoA.

This is great news. I was seriously concerned about the Vita lineup for my tastes in the near future. And seeing MHP3 coming to the Vita gives me hope of other later-gen PSP titles (like Type-0, PSP2i, VC3, Last Ranker) making it over.

Emitan

The thing bothers me about this is Sony not allowed Capcpom to release P3rd HD on PS3 in NA, but is apparently fine with them releasing it on Vita. Huh?

frequency

The thing bothers me about this is Sony not allowed Capcpom to release P3rd HD on PS3 in NA, but is apparently fine with them releasing it on Vita. Huh?

What...? Really? Is that why NA isn't getting it?
Do you have a link where I can read about this?

xxczx

If it's true, I think it's still going to be a PSP title but compatible with Vita.

Kyon

Banned
^ Good answer. Because in the end FF X-2 is number 1.

You say it as if any of this was ever confirmed.
iggling44q.gif

I know I keep sounding like you shouldn't hope but I still believe they won't bother with MH it's just not popular here. I do however feel bad for ppl who don't import like me so I hope it's true lmao

xxczx

I read not too long ago (probably yesterday) that the reason why it couldn't be released is because HD titles need to have two or more games included and that's why Konami couldn't sell Peace Walker by itself like in Japan and had to include it as a whole in MGS HD Collection.

I don't have a proper source since I read it in some thread (still trying to remember which thread though..), it could be entirely wrong but it makes sense because of SCEA crazy policies in the past.

Emitan

I think when I'm done with Tri I'll just import P3rd HD if 4 isn't out by then. It doesn't seem like a MH game would be very hard to play in Japanese. I hardly do any reading in Tri.

Kyon

Banned
I think when I'm done with Tri I'll just import P3rd HD if 4 isn't out by then. It doesn't seem like a MH game would be very hard to play in Japanese. I hardly do any reading in Tri.
It's not. I am fluent in Japanese tho so... But still! All you need is a translation for your materials and weapon/otomo stuff.

PS: I'll play with you <3

Knowing the carves you'd need to upgrade weapons and armors seems like a bitch, but I guess you could use a guide for that. Same with knowing what to sell and what not to sell. It could be done, but I'd rather not go through the hassle.

Just give me an Vita native res MH in English and I'll be happy. I don't even care which one at this point.

Orayn

Don't have a link, but it involved SCEA not liking PSP->PS3 ports that aren't part of a bundle, nor the fact that it needed Ad-hoc Party to do multiplayer.

Emitan

Knowing the carves you'd need to upgrade weapons and armors seems like a bitch, but I guess you could use a guide for that. Same with knowing what to sell and what not to sell. It could be done, but I'd rather not go through the hassle.

Just give me an Vita native res MH in English and I'll be happy. I don't even care which one at this point.

I'd just need an item list.

Kyoufu

If it exists, then it'll be P3rd G in Japan and Freedom 3 in US.

Won't be the exact same game as the PSP version.

Ultratech

Don't have a link, but it involved SCEA not liking PSP->PS3 ports that aren't part of a bundle, nor the fact that it needed Ad-hoc Party to do multiplayer.

The primary reason I heard was because of Ad-hoc Party.

P3rd apparently uses an upgraded version of Ad-hoc Party, and Sony/SCEA wasn't willing to go through the trouble of having to redo the network system just to get that working. (tl;dr, they didn't wanna blow a bunch of money reconfiguring the network just for one game that possibly wasn't gonna sell THAT great.)

The problem with the mumblings of SCEA being to blame for Portable 3rd HD not coming over to the west, is that its from Capcom, Sven and co who have taken to seemingly pinning as much made up shit as they can on 'the other guy'.

There's also that. So who knows.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The problem with the mumblings of SCEA being to blame for Portable 3rd HD not coming over to the west, is that its from Capcom, Sven and co who have taken to seemingly pinning as much made up shit as they can on 'the other guy'. I'm sure theres a murky truth in between on this particular issue, but taking Capcom at their public word these days is pretty ill advised.

Kyon

Banned
Why haven't we played Tri yet? D:
I thought I told you when I moved to Orlando I left my Wii. I put my saves on an SD card but Tri didn't transfer FML. My cousin's Wii seems to be modded so I don't think I can go online with that lmao T___T

Hobbun

Really looking forward to FF X being upgraded to HD graphics, but I will be getting the PS3 version.

However, I am not sure I will buy if not international version.

Yjynx

AWESOME NEWS!

Definitely buying FFX vita for sure. Had so many fond memories of it..... Man talking about the ending with my friends was a blast.

RPGCrazied

I wish they would hurry up with X. Why has square been so slow entering the PS2 HD rereleases? Most companies give us 2 or 3 games. There really is no excuse why they couldn't bundle X-2 with X.

TheContact

I wish they would hurry up with X.

I'm waiting for this as well too. I'm going to pick up my Vita when this launches. Lately, I've wanted to replay it on the PS2 for a little while now, even before it was announced as a remake, but now I just need to hold out and wait. Thank god there are so many other great games out to occupy my time. Embarrassingly I still need to beat Xenoblade.

Would ffx work well on a portable? I recall random encounter rate to be pretty high... and combat is pretty slow...

I really do doubt SE will do much tweaking gameplay wise.

Hobbun

I really do doubt SE will do much tweaking gameplay wise.

I hope to God they don't do any gameplay changes. We receive too little turn-based RPGs as it is, please don't change the ones we already have. And FFX is a very good turn-based combat system, to boot.

Emitan

I thought I told you when I moved to Orlando I left my Wii. I put my saves on an SD card but Tri didn't transfer FML. My cousin's Wii seems to be modded so I don't think I can go online with that lmao T___T

My Wii is modded and I play online.

And I don't think you mentioned leaving your Wii!

Top Bottom