• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoUltima

miladesn said:
So the almighty Final Fantasy XIII run at a resolution slightly higher than SO4 battle mode,
They had 1+ year for this port , looks like they sat on their asses for the most part and crammed in everything 3 months before release. Was playing Last Remnant a few hour ago and man it looks way way better than this shit,FF13 is officially the worst looking jrpg on 360 right now , maybe magna carta 2 is lower but whatever this is really disappointing, 2 huge showing on MS E3 press conferences (It had 3 times the time MW2 had in E3 09) , all this MS marketing money and the result is this pure shit.
2elchnb.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
badcrumble said:
I hope he at least enforces some amount of cleanliness in the official NA thread whenever you post it... and at some point it might be best to get back to having a fresh Fabula Nova Crystalis thread for Versus/Agito discussion. :(

Probably will just do separate threads for those, whenever info starts coming out.

Oli

Mr.NiceGuy said:
I know my post sounded a little stupid and I'm sorry for that but system wars is what makes a small issue a big deal to people. the 360 ver of FF 13 is missing a couple of pixels so what ? is this going to shatter your gaming world ? same thing with the PS3 Bayoneta port.

Some people are just overreacting.

The difference between this an Bayoneta is far bigger than that. Bayoneta's gameplay was affected in the transition. As of yet there is no reason to believe that the 360 version will play any differently than the PS3 version.

Also, how is it possible to change your outlook from this:

"what do they have to say now"

to this:

"Some people are just overreacting"

In just one pages time. Yes, people are overreacting. But with a game this big people were bound to make a huge deal, whether the 360 port was worse, the same, or better. It doesn't matter, it's all controversy.

Firestorm

Yeesh, some people are really taking offense to this :lol I hope Digital Foundry gets their hands on the actual game and puts out a report before the game comes out!

h3ro

Firestorm said:
Yeesh, some people are really taking offense to this :lol I hope Digital Foundry gets their hands on the actual game and puts out a report before the game comes out!

The guy who posted the picture analyzing pixels earlier (mazingerDude) is from Digital Foundry.

Well I somehow was hoping it to be somewhat near experience graphically speaking to the PS3 version, well too much for that specific 360 engine to handle...

Anyway I'm just glad that I can play it, is not that a big deal....it wasn't in Bayonetta's case it isn't in this one.

Firestorm

h3ro said:
The guy who posted the picture analyzing pixels earlier (mazingerDude) is from Digital Foundry.
I know he is. I was talking about getting them from the actual game rather than from the screens that SE's incompetent PR was putting out. Unless he did get those directly from the game?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Firestorm said:
I know he is. I was talking about getting them from the actual game rather than from the screens that SE's incompetent PR was putting out. Unless he did get those directly from the game?

The new screens today are direct feed.

expy

Banned
Firestorm said:
Doubtful that there would be such a huge difference even if the actual grabs were durect from the game or not. Screengrabs from both versions are compressed one way or another, and relatively speaking, they both represent the actual game. Don't think that the 576p vs 720p ratio will change.

h3ro

Firestorm said:

Edit: kagari already answered.

Shadow780 said:
5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance
I'm already here! People are making it seem like it's a really crappy port. I already know it's not going to look good like the PS3 version but I can see people aren't accepting that.

Everyone needs to stop with the Console War crap, and get back to talking about this game. It's almost out! :D

Kuraudo

Banned
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about porting (I'm an expert), but releasing an inferior product on Xbox 360 goes completely against the natural order of things. It's not like it is in Bizarro Land where you can release multiplatform titles on PS3 with native 720p running at a stable 30fps. If you screw 360 over in our world, you are afronting the laws of physics, and the only way to restabilise them is repentance.

What this means is the fabric of reality, after the 360 version is released, is going to tear itself apart, allowing beasts of unfathomable horror to bleed through to our world. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has doomed us all with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and re-port FFXIII for 360 or we can kiss the universe good by.

Mad_Ban

Kuraudo said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about porting (I'm an expert), but releasing an inferior product on Xbox 360 goes completely against the natural order of things. It's not like it is in Bizarro Land where you can release multiplatform titles on PS3 with native 720p running at a stable 30fps. If you screw 360 over in our world, you are afronting the laws of physics, and the only way to restabilise them is repentance.

What this means is the fabric of reality, after the 360 version is released, is going to tear itself apart, allowing beasts of unfathomable horror to bleed through to our world. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has doomed us all with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and re-port FFXIII for 360 or we can kiss the universe good by.
Okay that made me lol. :lol

jett

D-Member
Truthfully I only see a couple of people overreacting about this. Nobody's going NEENER NEENER! or whatever. Seriously, it doesn't matter. A resolution drop won't affect the game at all. Surely you played your Haloz and Modern Warfarez without caring about them being in sub-hd.

Vamphuntr

Wow the whinning is in full force. I had to skimmed through 3 pages to see the famous screens. It's definitly more blurry on 360. I wonder how it looks like in motion. I'm curious, was there any other game that the 360 version was much inferior to the ps3 one?

Mad Ban said:
Okay that made me lol.

That's a variation of one of GAF's meme.

Meh, more people get to play a game. Whether the 2 console versions look identical is irrelevant. Just be happy that you own a system that's getting the game. As a PS3 owner who had to wait +1 year for Bioshock and even longer for Ninja Gaiden 2 I'm always happy to see release date parity. I mean, this isn't Bayonetta, a game which I'm planning to pick up, warts and all.

Did anyone here on GAF bought into "PS3 and X360 will look the same"? Check IU, check Last Remnant, check SO4. Yes, SO4 and IU was Tri-Ace, however SE published it. LR is pure S-E. What is the common point? Abysmal performance on X360. Fine, you can play it, but not much more esp. LR, which was developed in-house FFS.

Wada would have liked to make more money on making/porting all jRPGs to X360, but is seems like the company simply doesn't know how to build a quality game on Microsoft hardware.

Kuraudo said:

Nice twist :lol

Kuraudo said:

I think it's appropriate for this overused meme to come full circle and be funny like this one last time (for situational reasons) before it's put to rest.

Cep

Banned
badcrumble said:
I think it's appropriate for this overused meme to come full circle and be funny like this one last time (for situational reasons) before it's put to rest.

So very true.

Helps that some effort was applied to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom