• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta starts February 25th + New Screenshots

JudgeN

8823_2.jpg

That is some Bayonetta level proportions disaster.

Stoked for the beta, I hope I get in.

goodgood.gif

Can't wait!

Kuraine

Neo Member
The most interesting part of that to me, is that they've pretty much added a dynamic event system. Really curious to see how they've implemented it. Like, if they'll be fairly common things, or a rare boss that pops up (since most of the screenshots of the FATE system have been large bosses.)

LuuKyK

Cant wait! Im actually afraid because when I used the XIII code there was a letter/number there that could be a O, 0 or D. I couldn't tell. I would be so mad if I put the wrong one. They shouldn't use these three in these codes. Its infuriating, seriously.

But anyway, Im guessing the FATE system is like the random events/boss fights in Guild Wars 2? In theory they seem pretty similar.

Cmagus

Nice can't wait I have been playing so many crappy mmo games lately the wait has been painful. It is certainly looking good I just hope they start releasing some nice high res screenshots though these thumb nails are killing me lol.

8823_2.jpg

If I am not mistaken that logo on her top is the Darklight one so I wonder if this means more variants.

Elios83

I thought the game was supposed to be released in Q1 2013 for both PC and PS3.
Seems like it will be delayed again and I wouldn't be surprised if a PS4 version is announced.

Midou

Seems like it will be delayed again and I wouldn't be surprised if a PS4 version is announced.

Delays can only benefit FFXIV at this point. Releasing it too early is a poor choice.

Stark

Banned

Think they said they need more time in a Live Producer Letter.

In an MMO's case, delays are extremely good, lol.

ebil

Nice can't wait I have been playing so many crappy mmo games lately the wait has been painful. It is certainly looking good I just hope they start releasing some nice high res screenshots though these thumb nails are killing me lol.

If I am not mistaken that logo on her top is the Darklight one so I wonder if this means more variants.

Now you mention it, it does look a bit like a tweaked version of the Darklight logo, but the piece of equipment is actually the race-specific top for Female Roegadyn (which of course doesn't mean there couldn't be more DL variants).

Protocol7

As usual will try it a bit and that's it, don't want spoil myself... ah this is terrible... play the beta or not play it... be spoiled or not...

It was fun playing 1.0 and watching people both here and elsewhere scream "this game is shit! It's unsavable! Play TERA/TSW/TOR/GW2!" And, one by one, all of their holy grails ended up failing or having glaring flaws. This on the other hand has been looking up since the alpha and I really commend Yoshi-P for bringing it back from the brink of destruction. Dynamic primals will be fucking awesome to witness

i got an email with the subject line FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 1 Start Date Confirmed

and images are broken.

Anyone get it? is it just to confirm the date only and not say you are in?

In addition to FATE, another feature you can look forward to is the new guildhest system. This was originally the behest system in Version 1.0, but after tweaking it so much, we thought it deserved a new name. lol!

lol indeed... :/

Behests were the worst time I think I've ever had early on in an MMO. Unclear directions, time limits, poor UI clues about group/solo play, spend too much time just walking to objectives, etc.

What's different about them now?

Akuosa

i got an email with the subject line FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 1 Start Date Confirmed

and images are broken.

Anyone get it? is it just to confirm the date only and not say you are in?
Yes, it's only to tell you the news, don't worry.

Alec

Got a key today...registered to my Squeenix account fine. No instructions on how to download the client or log in. Installed from an old disc and patched, only to be greeted by a message that the servers were down and to uninstall.

Got a key today...registered to my Squeenix account fine. No instructions on how to download the client or log in. Installed from an old disc and patched, only to be greeted by a message that the servers were down and to uninstall.

Go to the beta forum and download the client.

Teknoman

The email should have had a link, one to the beta forum. All the instructions are there and in the beta forum post.

Alec

The link told me that registration to the forum had been disabled...

Edit: It's working now! Thanks for the heads up.

Ravidrath

Got my key!

Now to see how well this runs on my iMac under Bootcamp (expectations aren't high...)

1.0 was playable on my early 2008 iMac, and 2.0 has significantly better performance than 1.0 did.

So unless you've got an iMac significantly older than that, I think you're going to be fine.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Found my key in spam folder. yay

Spent like 5 mins trying to figure out why I could login to my account status page but not forums. My account page takes email or ID as to login, forums ID only ( -.- squuuaaaare )

Got they key, downloading now, and just one problem! Please help!

Ok, so I'm using my one-time number generator to log in/out of my account. Thing is, this is the FFXIV CE Launch one-time number generator from 2010. Is this thing going to break/die anytime soon? Should I remove it from my account? Does Realm Reborn have a version that comes with a brand new one-time number generator?

Thanks guys.

Jacobbles

1.0 was playable on my early 2008 iMac, and 2.0 has significantly better performance than 1.0 did.

So unless you've got an iMac significantly older than that, I think you're going to be fine.

Mine is a 2011 iMac- I'm about to head out, but I'll post the results of the benchmark when I can in this thread just in case anybody is interested.

Top Bottom