• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

31% on Hydra (Floor 30) boss solo. FML if I had some how just saved 1 strength and steel buffs for that fight...might have had it.

Clearing solo from this point on is all about god tier RNG. Might as well quit if you get certain conditions/BS on a floor it seems like. You just don't have enough time to deal with nonsense. Like a single mimic chest could be the end (even if you survive the fight, you probably lose so much time killing it it's GG).

Sorian

Banned
Hmm so i should keep redoing 1-20 until i get +20?

It's not a 1:1, +20 still gets synced up to floor 35ish if I remember right.

Edit: To answer your question, I recommend just to keep running, it'll be longer but those tokens for the materia and minions/mount are something you'll want eventually I'm sure.

Reszo

Okay so my weapon is +12 im on floor 17 not synced and it still remained unchanged lol.
Guess i wont worry too much and keep gooing up lol

Jeels

Heeeeyyyyy cuties
aii9k41.jpg

Qvoth

cleared floor 50 last night
kinda sad about edda now, at least she can finally rip now
wonder who she meant by
robed figure, ascians maybe? i don't remember her cutscenes anymore

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Decided to run Palace on WAR and got to experience the sick crit double fell cleaves.
I understand now. Now I can see.
Also leveled from 34 to 37 outside so that's pretty good.

Omnicent

Decided to run Palace on WAR and got to experience the sick crit double fell cleaves.
I understand now. Now I can see.
Also leveled from 34 to 37 outside so that's pretty good.

I was doing solo on WAR last night and now I'm not sure if I want to still go DRK when solo leader boards for classes are added.
Hopefully the leader boards will be seasonal like D3:RoS.

Overall I'm enjoying PoTD as this could basically tide me over along with D3 till D4 (bliz please!) if they build up from the current foundation successfully.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I was doing solo on WAR last night and now I'm not sure if I want to still go DRK when solo leader boards for classes are added.
Hopefully the leader boards will be seasonal like D3:RoS.

Overall I'm enjoying PoTD as this could basically tide me over along with D3 till D4 (bliz please!) if they build up from the current foundation successfully.

I dunno how viable soloing stuff deep inside actually is, when I tried to 1vs1 the guy with coffins for arms I had to pop every trick in the book not to die and I'm like 23/23. Definitely not viable on the current 60 timer unless you skip as much as possible.

Sifl

I logged into the game with a rant going on in a "Buying and Selling" ls about how Donald Trump is trying to unify the world, all races and countries and how Hillary is a criminal trying to keep us apart. And a how a "minority" is voting for Trump because he wants to be deported.

Really riveting stuff, nice to see how educated the FF14 players are.

Valor

I dunno how viable soloing stuff deep inside actually is, when I tried to 1vs1 the guy with coffins for arms I had to pop every trick in the book not to die and I'm like 23/23. Definitely not viable on the current 60 timer unless you skip as much as possible.

That mob was also the first one I was unable to solo as a monk around 20/20. He just smashed me for 1k and he autos for like 500 or so. He's the true boss.

ebil

I just got an Antitower run where the BRD just spammed Iron Jaws with no DoTs on (sometimes Windbite if he was in the mood) and the SCH used Sacred Soil on goddamn cooldown, cast all of 3 offensive spells during the whole thing, used Deployment Tactics with Eye for an Eye exclusively and just bossed everyone around because we'd constantly run out of TP with the DPS being so low.

I think I'm actually offended this run happened and somewhat surprised we even made it through.

Omnicent

So seems like the new thing is to wipe your group if you get no upgrades 41-50 in PoTD.
Hasn't happened to me (part of me hopes it's not true), but seems like it has happened to others.
Man, if I get good RNG and some ass with bad RNG wipes to keep progress in my runs today (have both slots at 41-50) I'm going to be livid.
At least have the courtesy to leave or ask to be kicked. I mean communication isn't that difficult.

Had my first wipe on palace yesterday on my 2nd run past 50 floors. We matched up with one of the early hunt pullers on our server and he pulled the whole floor (41). Wiped due to stupidity so it doesn't count. I think I'm going to run until 50 again today and get my weapon.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Hi FFXIVGAF!

It's been a looooong time since I've played and I'm thinking of resubbing, using the upcoming free weekend to dip my toe in.

I haven't played since before Heavensward, when I last played wasn't long after hunts had launched. The anticipation, paranoia, camaraderie, victories - it had it all! Great fun, but I needed to cut expenses/make time and cut it off.

I'm in a good position to return now so I have some questions:

I hadn't finished with the patched in post-level-cap content yet, so I assume there's still going to be a ton for me to do before I even reach Heavensward, especially since I never rush MMOs and enjoy just taking my sweet time with everything. Is there any reason to buy Heavensward before I reach the new zone or are there benefits I'd miss out on?

Am I still in the Gaf guild on Ultros? My name is Vivi Quan. Totally understand if I've been kicked by now, but it's worth checking!

Are hunts still a big deal? What are the highlights in terms of new content and features added that I should research before getting back into it?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to coming back! It'll be a week or so before I do, so I'm going to use the time in between to do re-familiarise myself with the systems.

Redx508

Hi FFXIVGAF!

It's been a looooong time since I've played and I'm thinking of resubbing, using the upcoming free weekend to dip my toe in.

I haven't played since before Heavensward, when I last played wasn't long after hunts had launched. The anticipation, paranoia, camaraderie, victories - it had it all! Great fun, but I needed to cut expenses/make time and cut it off.

I'm in a good position to return now so I have some questions:

I hadn't finished with the patched in post-level-cap content yet, so I assume there's still going to be a ton for me to do before I even reach Heavensward, especially since I never rush MMOs and enjoy just taking my sweet time with everything. Is there any reason to buy Heavensward before I reach the new zone or are there benefits I'd miss out on?

Am I still in the Gaf guild on Ultros? My name is Vivi Quan. Totally understand if I've been kicked by now, but it's worth checking!

Are hunts still a big deal? What are the highlights in terms of new content and features added that I should research before getting back into it?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to coming back! It'll be a week or so before I do, so I'm going to use the time in between to do re-familiarise myself with the systems.

only benefit i can think of is getting exp from 50-60, you will need to complete the ARR story to get to HW.

hunts are still a thing is one of the ways to upgrade your gear.

here's a list of all the patch notes Patch Archives, FF XIV Patches Doc

you may find this helpful Guide:progression and Level Locked Content

if your not in the guild anymore just reapply and a mod will let you in.

Welcome back!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Hi FFXIVGAF!

You do get xp from the post patch stuff above 50, but apart from that there's no reason to buy it yet, no.

I don't think you're currently in the FC but we have the space right now so just send an app in-game and we'll re-add you.

Squishy3

So seems like the new thing is to wipe your group if you get no upgrades 41-50 in PoTD.
Hasn't happened to me (part of me hopes it's not true), but seems like it has happened to others.
Man, if I get good RNG and some ass with bad RNG wipes to keep progress in my runs today (have both slots at 41-50) I'm going to be livid.
At least have the courtesy to leave or ask to be kicked. I mean communication isn't that difficult.
I'm sure this is something you could report and GMs would take action on

I had a pretty good 11-20 run the other day. Got a bunch of weapon upgrades in a row, then the tank we had got cocky and pulled pretty much the whole floor - including about three slimes, and while the Blind enchantment was up no less.

Everyone else ran away pretty sharpish, and you could kind of see the moment of hesitation where the tank was like "Huh, where is everyone?". He ran back to the room that everyone had retreated to, and then we all immediately got one-shot by the slimes.

Funny enough to not get too mad about. :V

yeah it was a warrior

Omnicent

well seems like some-one may have soloed 1-50
Though I question if other jobs can solo (seems pretty difficult and as a dps/tank you are going to have a harder time keeping health up). I'd guess that SCH is probably going to be king (if an AST could do it a SCH will probably have an easier time).

Thorgal

ugh .

Been leveling a war since recently and the early dungeons still make me feel completely useless as a tank .

I know it will get much better later on , but me spamming overpower like mad and then have the healer and BLM still effortlessly peel mobs of me still stings :( .

On another note : something that has bothered me for a while now : when the tank pulls big groups , should i as a monk always use rockbreaker on the 3rd hit in the rotation or focus more on single target damage still ?

Reason i am asking is because the former makes me burn through all my tp at a really fast rate .

AoE rotations should always be a DPS gain on 3+ mobs, but as melee you probably should only do that against mobs that are supposed to die soon.

Finished my 3rd run to 50. Prior to that, I was with randoms and they wiped on the floor 20 boss. How? Don't even ask. We had no healers and it was just me tanking it and 3 dps. The dps stepped in aoe and leafstrom room wide aoe eventually killed us. It was so bad and I wanted to cry. Another thing happened in palace today around floor 30-40. A dps opened a silver in combat. I told him don’t do that. "We have a healer he says" I say "It doesn't matter because it could be a bomb that wipes us" He says to me "lol, bitch you didn't even get hit by it so why are you crying?" "Do me a favour and kick me because I'd rather do this with a person that's not a scrub" I called him an idiot and kicked him. I mean wow... I was giving the guy a tip for god's sake. Such toxicity.

RedRumy3

This key is not a steam key but for mogstation I think. I think it's a NA Key as well GMG doesn't actually say.

I preorderd this and turned out I needed the steam version of the game so I forgot I still have these keys. Once the bot picks a winner I will pm them the other key which should be preorder bonus stuff not sure if that expires or not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128008.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RedRumy3, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Heavensward Collector's Edition -- MB-1202BAB181CB6832 - Taken by NCR Redslayer. 1 entrants total.

t1469166245z1.png

Where is AST right now between WHM and SCH? I keep feeling like the cards mechanic is just a waste of time now, never get anything good because of RNG and is making me wish it functioned completely differently. And for the stances, i played around with them in Deep Dungeon, and i'm not liking Nocturnal Stance at all, it's not worth losing regen. I know people complained about it being the worst healer, but aside from cards and shields being basically useless i love the class, and hope it becomes more viable in the future

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Participate in FA--- ResidentSleeper

Where is AST right now between WHM and SCH? I keep feeling like the cards mechanic is just a waste of time now, never get anything good because of RNG and is making me wish it functioned completely differently. And for the stances, i played around with them in Deep Dungeon, and i'm not liking Nocturnal Stance at all, it's not worth losing regen. I know people complained about it being the worst healer, but aside from cards and shields being basically useless i love the class, and hope it becomes more viable in the future

Noct for PVP or for last resort secondary healer. Diurnal is a fine WHM replacement that's only missing Cure 3, really.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
That cat weaponry looks great!

Also can you get regular exp in Palace of the Dead? Sucks that no one does Diadem anymore heh...guess I missed my chance to fight dinos. Maybe they'll repurpose it at some point.

You can get regular XP, yeah. It's about 10% of a level for floors 1-10 going up to around 25/30 for 40-50- it's not the fastest but if you're going to do it anyway it's a nice way to level DPS.

ebil

Diurnal AST is absolutely fine, even on the hardest content (I greatly prefer it to WHM for A5s-A7s, haven't tried it on A8s as I'm playing SCH there but from my knowledge of the fight it should hold its own np). Nocturnal isn't worth considering in PvE most of the time.

It requires more knowledge to plan out your CD usage and Cards can be distracting at first so it kind of has a lower skill floor than WHM, but in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing it's powerful. It's very likely to still receive tweaks in 3.4 anyway.

Diurnal AST does pretty good in A6 and 8 because of Disable and should have no problems clearing content in place of a WHM.

Honestly, they should just ditch Noct sect and go from there, I have no idea how to make it good without breaking AST, they could just nerf SCH - which is long overdue - but if they wanted to do that they would have done it ages ago.

Top Bottom