• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

ilvl 189 WHM and 180 DRK. I was doing Alexander back when I stopped playing in September.
Continue the MSQ, it'll pick back up at Fortemps Manor in Ishgard. There'll be some new dungeons to unlock, two are through the MSQ and then the others are optional unlocks. The 3.2 dungeons (Antitower and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard)) give i195 gear, while the 3.3 dungeons give i215 gear.

Additionally, there are now two 24 man raids (Void Ark and Weeping City of Mhach) which give i200 and i230 drops respectively (weeping city is on weekly lockout for drops) and a new wing of Alexander available which has tokens that can be redeemed for 220 gear with no lockout.

Tomestones of Lore were added as well which can be turned in for 230 gear (Upgradeable to 240 with a farthing from Void Ark and a penny from Weeping City) but are still on a weekly lockout, with the penny from Weeping City also being on a weekly lockout.

Use this to see where to unlock the sidequest dungeons and whatever other things you may have missed. There's new Hildibrand stuff too. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

Orcastar

Continue the MSQ, it'll pick back up at Fortemps Manor in Ishgard. There'll be some new dungeons to unlock, two are through the MSQ and then the others are optional unlocks. The 3.2 dungeons (Antitower and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard)) give i195 gear, while the 3.3 dungeons give i215 gear.

Additionally, there are now two 24 man raids (Void Ark and Weeping City of Mhach) which give i200 and i230 drops respectively (weeping city is on weekly lockout for drops) and a new wing of Alexander available which has tokens that can be redeemed for 220 gear with no lockout.

Tomestones of Lore were added as well which can be turned in for 230 gear (Upgradeable to 240 with a farthing from Void Ark and a penny from Weeping City) but are still on a weekly lockout, with the penny from Weeping City also being on a weekly lockout.

Use this to see where to unlock the sidequest dungeons and whatever other things you may have missed. There's new Hildibrand stuff too. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

Thanks for the tips!

Redx508

here's some codes for mog station

CRAG MASK
DLC code: FAHU QTL7 35QX FJC5 247S

CRAG MASK
DLC code: FAHU T6XG 4BWT C874 RAVD

INFERNO MASK
DLC code: FANU HTMP 9VAR KS96 L464

INFERNO MASK
DLC code: FANU 794G 96EH H486 VRMB

99X MAGICKED PRISM (WINGS)
DLC code: FALU 9A4Z 8SYT LRW3 3WC3

Squishy3

forgetting to dodge petrifaction always lends itself to the best screenshots

SgU8BN8.jpg

i'm also only at 39/240 kill me now

Ogawa-san

Yep.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ul.-25-2016)?p=3795154&viewfull=1#post3795154

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Jul. 25, 2016)

The following adjustments within the Palace of the Dead has been made:
  • The chance of enhancing your Aetherpool Gear has been increased upon opening the silver coffers.
  • You will obtain +1 enhancements on both Aetherpool Arm and Armor upon defeating the 50th floor boss.
The following issues have been addressed:
  • An issue wherein the client may close upon entering/leaving the Palace of the Dead under certain conditions.
  • An issue wherein the Palace of the Dead’s server may crash under certain conditions.
  • An issue wherein certain texts appear incorrectly.

oSoLucky

Probably only going to take healers all the way to level 50 from here in out unless I'm feeling adventurous. I've had 4 Dps 4 of my last 5 41-50 runs(wiped once on the boss at less than 2% health), and the other time with 3 DPS and a tank. A healer just makes it so much smoother, though I seem to get 2 tanks or 2 healers when I play it as heals a lot.

sora87

Hmm, it's saying I need heavensward installed to login with my character, but I have it installed on my ps4 already, when I put the disc in it says "all add ons already installed"

:(

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Just started playing again today for the first time since pre-3.0. Is it still worth pursuing the Zodiac weapon progression or is that obsolete in Heavensward?

creid

Hmm, it's saying I need heavensward installed to login with my character, but I have it installed on my ps4 already, when I put the disc in it says "all add ons already installed"

:(
Are you switching from PC to PS4? Have you only bought Heavensward on one of the two?
Just started playing again today for the first time since pre-3.0. Is it still worth pursuing the Zodiac weapon progression or is that obsolete in Heavensward?
If you're nearly done with Zodiac already, you can trade a completed one in to skip the first step towards the new timesink weapon. If you haven't started towards a Zodiac weapon yet then it is not worth starting one now.

I got the blm palace weapon since I couldn't really decide what I wanted between WAR and BLM. They both had pretty sub par stats... like lolparry on the WAR axe. Surely I can just use spell speed melds to make up for the loss of spell speed?

sora87

You own a disc version of the original game, of Heavensward, or both?

Of Heavensward, I managed to get it fixed anyway after a few PS4 restarts, very strange!

Just tried out machinist as I was bored of my ninja, seems pretty fun but I definitely cba leveling from 30.

Top Bottom