• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

The talk of data centres earlier reminded me that I wanted to ask, how have the EU servers been since they actually moved to Europe? I've been having some problems on Ultros recently and tonight was borderline unplayable. Even changing gearsets or accessing the marketboard took like 5 seconds to actually process. I was nearly killed a couple of times doing the Vanu dailies because my hits weren't registering and then it turned out I'd eaten a load of damage that didn't even appear to happen. It's been like this for a while now.

Even though I basically never contribute in the FC chat I enjoy seeing other people talking and I'd miss GAF but I'm starting to wonder if it might be worth transferring to Cerberus or something. Going back to levelling my Ninja from 50 has been a struggle, I'm so sick of that damn rabbit.

Well it's become magical for anyone in Europe for the most part. People from the Middle East have okay connections but if you're in Europe, you'll enjoy how smooth it is. By comparison, my latency has taken a hit since I'm in the US but on the Ragnarok server but it's not horrible. Plus it'll be way more active when you play as opposed to a US server.

iammeiam

Congrats on the clear you guys!

We also got it last night! Got mah bow and mount. \o/

Really glad to have squeezed it in before people start leaving for the holidays. :)

Congrats! You guys move fast--I remember your A3S clear vid!

The mount is the single most hilarious thing in game. It's like running around on a crazy spider

is this what A2S gobwalker is like

why did nobody tell me.

Sorian

Banned

The mount is the single most hilarious thing in game. It's like running around on a crazy spider

why did nobody tell me.

All it took to temper the anger was a gob tank.

Zhao_Yun

The talk of data centres earlier reminded me that I wanted to ask, how have the EU servers been since they actually moved to Europe? I've been having some problems on Ultros recently and tonight was borderline unplayable. Even changing gearsets or accessing the marketboard took like 5 seconds to actually process. I was nearly killed a couple of times doing the Vanu dailies because my hits weren't registering and then it turned out I'd eaten a load of damage that didn't even appear to happen. It's been like this for a while now.

Even though I basically never contribute in the FC chat I enjoy seeing other people talking and I'd miss GAF but I'm starting to wonder if it might be worth transferring to Cerberus or something. Going back to levelling my Ninja from 50 has been a struggle, I'm so sick of that damn rabbit.

For me here in Germany it has been amazing since the transfer. I can double weave oGCDs without problems now and even hitting Gathering nodes is so much smoother.

BadRNG

Doesn't matter if the fights were all mainly physical, the DPS difference between the two classes (DRK and PLD, or PLD and WAR) is too high. Until that's fixed, PLD will always be 2nd tier to those two jobs. Unless they made it so the amount of physical damage exceeds the amount DRK's can take main tanking vs what PLD's can take. But this game is designed around "can you survive X hit with Y cooldown? if so, healer A is going to cast Healing Magic B which will have the same result no matter what X hit is for"

Just need to look to fflogs for the stats for most many fights. People with similar rankings on PLD list vs DRK or WAR list - DRKs are 200 DPS higher and WAR's are 300 DPS higher.
The more tanky you can be also ends up effecting your potential DPS. I wouldn't be able to stay out of grit for majority of fight in AS4 if the damage was physical instead of all magical on me, for example. 30% reduction every 1m just really damn good. It can also effect potential healer dps, for obvious reasons.

I don't put much stock into people choosing purely off DPS to begin with though. The vast majority of tanks do not, in anyway, reach their class's dps potential. They just...tank stuff, basically. For that, rather large, crowd the tanky defense stuff matters a lot more then you'd think. You wouldn't see any PLDs period in end game otherwise, and all groups would basically run the exact same set up DPS/healer wise for maximum dps. Nothing in this game is that strict to require that.

I mean, looking at one of the top ranked execution group kills for AS4, their DRK is nearly 400 dps behind from the very top DRK on that fight. The very fastest recorded AS4 kill is actually a PLD/WAR group too.

ThinFinn

why did nobody tell me.

I was kinda surprised we got it this soon too.

This was again a new team, as the previous static fell apart after members started leaving.

Was expecting some practice runs so I didn't have OBS up to record the fight. :(

And yeah, the mount was fun, for like 5 minutes. I'd rather stick with my Pegasus!

scy

I was kinda surprised we got it this soon too.

This was again a new team, as the previous static fell apart after members started leaving.

Was expecting some practice runs so I didn't have OBS up to record the fight. :(

And yeah, the mount was fun, for like 5 minutes. I'd rather stick with my Pegasus!

Even more impressive then. Grats though, beat it before eventual nerfs (and/or just relic) \o/

give me mount tho~

iammeiam

Nope, it's today.

Time to see if they nerf A3S to the ground and break my heart, nerf A4S to the ground and make my day (give everything 70% of its current HP and reduce discoid and carnage damage by 25% and the fight becomes joke status), or just kind of shrug and hope relic fixes it for people.

Also Relic Grind Reborn starts now. Get hype.

MFW players who gave up during pre-nerf atma quest complain about anima steps
RRiz3.gif

Wilsongt

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/86c483a5b15766c988ee8db15f4eda117b9d66e4

Notes

Formed during a battle waged in the Coerthas western highlands, this crystal's unusual luminosity is the result of a concentrated elemental charge.

Formed during a battle waged in the Sea of Clouds, this crystal's unusual luminosity is the result of a concentrated elemental charge.

Etc. Atma return!

Also this:

Anima Weapons Quests
Anima Weapons can be enhanced further by completing the story quests that will be added in future patches. Please note that enhancing these weapons may require players to invest a significant amount of time.

So we're looking at not getting a i210 weapon for a while, and no sign of Gobdips dropping.

Any bard/mch available for some A3s community service tomorrow? We had some great momentum today but tomorrow Devil Gunladys waifu had to have her birthday in a raid day. So rude.

iammeiam

So we're looking at not getting a i210 weapon for a while, and no sign of Gobdips dropping.

I'm not following. Even if they're i210 now, they'll still be upgraded in future patches. It's basically just buckle in for another grind?

Lack of gob dip does point to it, but holy shit if these are i200 and they didn't patch them in at least alongside Thordan.

Wilsongt

I'm not following. Even if they're i210 now, they'll still be upgraded in future patches. It's basically just buckle in for another grind?

I interpreted it a different way when I read if. Since they just used blanket term Anima figured they meant that it'll start weak and you have to completely power it up over patches, as opposed to it jsut being called {weapon] anima all the way through.

iammeiam

Finally! Worst Alexander Group victory! A4S here we come!

Congratulations again and I'm sorry.

So sorry.

I interpreted it a different way when I read if. Since they just used blanket term Anima figured they meant that it'll start weak and you have to completely power it up over patches, as opposed to it jsut being called {weapon] anima all the way through.

Ah. I think 'Anima' is just a swap word for 'relic'

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Maybe the precision stuff is for getting the savage gear from normal mode?

iammeiam

Maybe the precision stuff is for getting the savage gear from normal mode?

This would be hilarious.

I just assumed it's going to be the new dungeon atma, since it says they can be obtained upon completion, not that they've been added to the treasure chests.

[3.0] Players can now obtain the following items upon completing Alexander: Gordias, areas one through four:

Precision Gordian Bolt / Precision Gordian Lens / Precision Gordian Spring / Precision Gordian Shaft

do these drop in savage? lol that's kinda messed up if so.

iammeiam

So we have:

- What seems to be HW zone atma

- What may or may not be Alex dungeon atma

- 4 new crafted items that use components that are new items from the other crafts

They just stacked all the best parts of the old relic grind in at once.

chrono01

Congrats on the clear you guys!

We also got it last night! Got mah bow and mount. \o/

Really glad to have squeezed it in before people start leaving for the holidays. :)
Very nice, congrats to you all as well!

Just to let you know, I'm envious of that mount. I want it. I've been meaning to ask, it doesn't play Alexander music does it? Please tell me it doesn't...

Finally! Worst Alexander Group victory! A4S here we come!
Congrats! \o/

Now to experience the horror/displeasure of A4S. Oh, speaking of...

So mysterious.

No Savage changes from the sounds of it. Scy owes me $5.
This is genuinely surprising. I expected a nerf of some sort.

Ravidrath

I fully expect that the Anima weapons will require items that can only be purchased with the new Beast currencies, too.

Seems too random to add them now and not have them tie into this.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So we have:

- What seems to be HW zone atma

- What may or may not be Alex dungeon atma

- 4 new crafted items that use components that are new items from the other crafts

They just stacked all the best parts of the old relic grind in at once.
Maybe they figure if they numb everyone to the pain of the grind in the first step nobody will complain about the rest.
This is genuinely surprising. I expected a nerf of some sort.
I'm sorry.
You have to go back and do it again.

Sifl

Maybe they just made it so you only need 1 of the Alex items for 1 piece of equipment, and they decided to change the names from tarnished to precision?

iammeiam

Maybe they just made it so you only need 1 of the Alex items for 1 piece of equipment, and they decided to change the names from tarnished to precision?

The weird thing is that it's only 4 items. There's no chain/pedal/crank equivalents here. Ideally this is to deal with having to roll for loot in a no lockout system and just guarantees you one drop per run.

But since when are they that nice.

Ravidrath

Yeah, I think the precision stuff being dungeon Relic drops is likely.

And maybe they're 100% on Savage or something to speed that part up for people who are doing that.

Top Bottom